Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETA

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETAReply
Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETA
Posted on: 09.07.2012 by Adolf Hit
Hi All,

We are going to officially announce the Midi Fighter 3D Remix firmware in a few days.

This firmware allows you to use the 3D to control Traktors new remix decks.

Before we do that I wanted to give the community a chance to test this new firmware out.

Below are links to Windows & OS X versions of our updated utility which allows you to switch to the Remix firmware.

Midi Fighter Utility 2 Windows BETA

Midi Fighter Utility 2 OS X BETA

Please also read the instructions guide as this explains all the new features and the upgrade process.

Midi Fighter 3D Remix Firmware User Guide

You can also use the new utility to switch back to the old firmware at any time.

Feel free to post any feedback you have, and ask questions about the new functionality, I will do my best to provide quick responses to this thread over the next few days.
Jessia Chudnovsky
Originally Posted by 8bitslave
Can you please give details & step by step info? I've tried everything and can't get remix decks going.

I've downloaded Controller Editor, went to the F1 panel, then clicked connect but get nothing. Please help lol.

I have traktor 2.6, Mac 10.8, MF3D, Kontrol F1 firmware v9 (which I'm having trouble updating to v11).

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat, I've tried everything to get my remix decks working, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

- Remix deck firmware: done
- MF utility import Ean
Azalee Abaunza
Originally Posted by Vic Sounds
Well, you seen to have the same trouble i had and i
Jacquelyn Hoogland
Originally Posted by oriyong
MY MF3D is fail to flash firmware and the forth bank button is keep flashing. It seems like the utility cannt see my MF3D now. what should i do?
Nevermind... I just realized it was my firewall blocking the update. All good now.
Jacquelyn Hoogland
MY MF3D is fail to flash firmware and the forth bank button is keep flashing. It seems like the utility cannt see my MF3D now. what should i do?
Hey. Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having a very similar problem:
Just plugged the brand new MF3D into my MacBook (OSX 10.6.8) for the first time. I opened the MF Utility (v2.4) and it said "incompatible midifighter" so I selected "Midifighter 3D" from the dropdown and clicked "update firmware." I followed the prompts...unplugged USB, and then held the 4 corners while re-plugging. The 4th bank button started blinking as it's supposed to. However, when I clicked "next," the instructions just disappeared and I was back at the "incompatible midifighter" screen (bank light still blinking). I retried the procedure multiple times and I always get the same result. I was really hoping to bang on this thing toevening , but it looks like that may not happen. I know it's been a while since you posted this, but please let me know if you have any advice for me. Thanks!
Jessia Chudnovsky
Can you please give details & step by step info? I've tried everything and can't get remix decks going.

I've downloaded Controller Editor, went to the F1 panel, then clicked connect but get nothing. Please help lol.

I have traktor 2.6, Mac 10.8, MF3D, Kontrol F1 firmware v9 (which I'm having trouble updating to v11).

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat, I've tried everything to get my remix decks working, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

- MF utility import Ean
Azalee Abaunza
Claire Auyeung
Originally Posted by midifidler
simply hold down one of the first four arcade buttons on the top row while powering on the unit. Each arcade button corresponds to a different device number. You only need to do this once.

Traktor will now see them as unique
Thanks, that solved it!
And I guess this fixes most of the F1+MF3D issues too...
Noella Bergstresser
Originally Posted by stoked
Then, after all that, there is no "cursor" change to indicate which deck I want to assign the MF3D to. It would be nice if the PDF showed what this is supposed to look like. I'm assuming the cursor on the screen for Traktor should change, but maybe it should be some blinkering light on the MF3D. The point is, I have no idea how to make the "cursor selector thingy" show up or even what it should look like if it does show up. Currently, my traktor shows up the same as always, with no special cursor thingy anywhere. As a result, no Remixing for me

Stoked!
I've had exactly the same szenario. What finally helped in my case was:
- Traktor/Preferences/
- There opening the Traktor Control F1-Page
- Then clicking on "Restore Default/Restore"
Jacquelyn Hoogland
Nevermind... I just realized it was my firewall blocking the update. All good now.
Jacquelyn Hoogland
Hey. Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having a very similar problem:
Just plugged the brand new MF3D into my MacBook (OSX 10.6.8) for the first time. I opened the MF Utility (v2.4) and it said "incompatible midifighter" so I selected "Midifighter 3D" from the dropdown and clicked "update firmware." I followed the prompts...unplugged USB, and then held the 4 corners while re-plugging. The 4th bank button started blinking as it's supposed to. However, when I clicked "next," the instructions just disappeared and I was back at the "incompatible midifighter" screen (bank light still blinking). I retried the procedure multiple times and I always get the same result. I was really hoping to bang on this thing toevening , but it looks like that may not happen. I know it's been a while since you posted this, but please let me know if you have any advice for me. Thanks!
Evan Bubela
I've got the following difficulties using the Midifighter 3D with the traktor 2.5 Remix Decks.
I've installed the latest firmware on my Midifighter, my regular mapping works perfectly, but whenever I want to switch into Remix mode (3rd button right) Traktor refuses to receive any midi signal and I get no visual response as I got on my windows 7 system.

Could it be that a Midifighter first being used on windows only works on windows with all it's funktions?

help me please!
Pinkie Inchausti
Could I make a feature request? It would be great to be able to load samples from the loop recorder into any of the remix slots. I know I could do this with a mapping to the first row, but the ability to load into a column of slots (particularly for slot punch mode) is what I need.

Thanks DJTT for adding all this additional functionality to the MF3d. Such an amazing controller.
Wilma Lorin
I can't get my remix deck to play with the Jam on it import?

Traktor 2.60
Midi Fighter 3d
Jessia Chudnovsky

Thanks!

- MF utility import Ean
Latoria Kavulich
they only blink when in the cue, when the cell is active they just stay lit
Paula Kuerschner
Connected my Spectra to Remix Decks, but lights are not blinking to the beat. Should they? How can i turn that on?
Azalee Abaunza
Latoria Kavulich
Thats gonna be a handy tip once the courier arrives in the mornin'
Claire Auyeung
Originally Posted by midifidler
simply hold down one of the first four arcade buttons on the top row while powering on the unit. Each arcade button corresponds to a different device number. You only need to do this once.

Thanks, that solved it!
And I guess this fixes most of the F1+MF3D issues too...
Adolf Hit
Hey Beaubryte,

I have emailed you - but for everyone else, to use multiple Midi Fighter 3D's or any other Midi Fighter which may or may not also have remix deck functionality at the same time you need to set an alternate device number.

To do this simply hold down one of the first four arcade buttons on the top row while powering on the unit. Each arcade button corresponds to a different device number. You only need to do this once.

Claire Auyeung
Anyone got a solution for running 2 Midi Fighter 3D's in HID mode at the same time?
I can't get it to work, they cancel each other out after a few seconds, even after "restoring" the F1 prefs.
Noella Bergstresser
Originally Posted by stoked
Then, after all that, there is no "cursor" change to indicate which deck I want to assign the MF3D to. It would be nice if the PDF showed what this is supposed to look like. I'm assuming the cursor on the screen for Traktor should change, but maybe it should be some blinkering light on the MF3D. The point is, I have no idea how to make the "cursor selector thingy" show up or even what it should look like if it does show up. Currently, my traktor shows up the same as always, with no special cursor thingy anywhere. As a result, no Remixing for me

Stoked!
I've had exactly the same szenario. What finally helped in my case was:
- Traktor/Preferences/
- There opening the Traktor Control F1-Page
- Then clicking on "Restore Default/Restore"
Mae Penquite
There won't be remix deck support for the MF Classic because of to small memory size in the midi fighter
Azucena Tarver
I've been waiting a long time for the Remix Deck controls for the MF Classic. Can anyone tell me if this still in the works as well? The Traktor Remix upgrade basically killed off all my ability to control the samples (VCI-100, MF Classic, Korg nanokontrol2).
Many Thanks for any info!
Adolf Hit
Hi,

Sorry about the super slow response here guys, yes this is something I have noticed with both the F1 and the MF in remix deck mode, sometimes if the unit was applied to deck 3 or 4 and then when traktor nexts starts those decks are no longer remix decks it gets confused and will not recognize the hardware, as mentioned above preferences>F1>Reset All solves this issue.

Regards,

Mike
China Osborne
yes, i have the same problem since last week...
jejeje, need to read the complete message xDD
China Osborne
Originally Posted by Farhan232
Hi guys, not sure if anyone has the same problem as me but nowadays, i cant get my remix decks to work on my MF3D anymore. anyone facing the same problem.
Tried everything google had in store for me.
Yes , i went to controller editor, clicked connect, went to traktor , loaded the remix decks, no lights pop up still.
then went to 're-flash the firmware' for the MF3D.
Still the same.
anyone?

edit: solved.

go to Preference>F1> rest all.
yes, i have the same problem since last week...
Garland Scarboro
Hi guys, not sure if anyone has the same problem as me but nowadays, i cant get my remix decks to work on my MF3D anymore. anyone facing the same problem.
Tried everything google had in store for me.
Yes , i went to controller editor, clicked connect, went to traktor , loaded the remix decks, no lights pop up still.
then went to 're-flash the firmware' for the MF3D.
Still the same.
anyone?

edit: solved.

go to Preference>F1> rest all.
Korey Cardinal
does the first post in this topic contain the most recently released mf utility??? i finally got the mf3d working in traktor thanks to using the NI controller editor and connecting it as an F1... but once its in remix deck firmware, the mf3d NEVER shows up as being connected withinin the mf utility... which means its stuck in remix deck mode... little help? the toggle HID mode button works, but there is no mf3d shown as being connected so toggling HID mode effectively toggles it into brick mode, the mf3d does not send midi because the computer doesnt recognize it as a midi device. i can only use it for controlling remix decks now. no ableton, no control over effects.... weak.
China Osborne
Originally Posted by Xtian317
He's basically thanking you for the advice regarding the Controller Editor. It must have worked.
FTW= "For The Win!"
Cool!! I
Valery Ellick
He's basically thanking you for the advice regarding the Controller Editor. It must have worked.
FTW= "For The Win!"
China Osborne
Originally Posted by alienjournalism
NI Controller Editor FTW! The FAQ makes it seem like a Mac-centric solution but it def works for win7 also...
sorry but don
Michell Wondrash
NI Controller Editor FTW! The FAQ makes it seem like a Mac-centric solution but it def works for win7 also...
China Osborne
Originally Posted by alienjournalism
I cant get HID mode to work at all. All it does when toggled is make the buttons not light up. Effects are still being controlled and the top right button still glows pink and triggers an effect. I have tried both versions of this mapping, flashed the firmware and hit the Big Import button many many times, tried it with 4 remix decks enabled so I could see if anything triggered anywhere, reinstalled editor, changed usb ports, etc. Im using Traktor on Win7 64bit fwiw. Any help is most appreciated!!
Michell Wondrash
I cant get HID mode to work at all. All it does when toggled is make the buttons not light up. Effects are still being controlled and the top right button still glows pink and triggers an effect. I have tried both versions of this mapping, flashed the firmware and hit the Big Import button many many times, tried it with 4 remix decks enabled so I could see if anything triggered anywhere, reinstalled editor, changed usb ports, etc. Im using Traktor on Win7 64bit fwiw. Any help is most appreciated!!
China Osborne
i
China Osborne
Originally Posted by m.a.d.
haha

I have an other question. Is it possible to run two mf3d on one mac with traktor? What are the possibilities with two mf3d?
with two working MF3D? infinity!!
China Osborne
Originally Posted by Jester.NZ
The only way to upgrade is thorough your service centre. Careful what you say before your foot meets your mouth
meet my mouth... hahahahhahahaa nice way say!
so is that reason i cannot find it? ok, thanks for the advice. that says to me all the people with MF3D and remix decks are 2.5, isn
Ressie Bensel
Originally Posted by Jester.NZ
The only way to upgrade is thorough your service centre. Careful what you say before your foot meets your mouth
haha

I have an other question. Is it possible to run two mf3d on one mac with traktor? What are the possibilities with two mf3d?
Latoria Kavulich
well, i

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy