Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETA

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETAReply
Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETA
Posted on: 09.07.2012 by Adolf Hit
Hi All,

We are going to officially announce the Midi Fighter 3D Remix firmware in a few days.

This firmware allows you to use the 3D to control Traktors new remix decks.

Before we do that I wanted to give the community a chance to test this new firmware out.

Below are links to Windows & OS X versions of our updated utility which allows you to switch to the Remix firmware.

Midi Fighter Utility 2 Windows BETA

Midi Fighter Utility 2 OS X BETA

Please also read the instructions guide as this explains all the new features and the upgrade process.

Midi Fighter 3D Remix Firmware User Guide

You can also use the new utility to switch back to the old firmware at any time.

Feel free to post any feedback you have, and ask questions about the new functionality, I will do my best to provide quick responses to this thread over the next few days.
Mae Penquite
That doesn't sound legal to me but if you have a valid serial you can download the update through the service center or directly from the NI website (Support - My Account - My Products and Serials)
China Osborne
Originally Posted by dual citizen
I also updated Traktor (to 2.5.1) and the MF Utility. Not sure if that would help.
well, i
Randal Biza
Originally Posted by Vic Sounds
Not me, I have MF3D connected to my MacBook directly...
I also updated Traktor (to 2.5.1) and the MF Utility. Not sure if that would help.
China Osborne
I believe it was my USB hub! I tried again by directly connecting to my MacBook and everything now works fine. Excellent! Thank you to the fine engineers who made this possible.
Not me, I have MF3D connected to my MacBook directly...
Randal Biza
I'm having the same issue on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.7.4 with Traktor 2.5.0. Tried restarting. Tried setting all decks to remix decks, but I'm not getting the aforementioned cursor. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
I believe it was my USB hub! I tried again by directly connecting to my MacBook and everything now works fine. Excellent! Thank you to the fine engineers who made this possible.
China Osborne
Thanks Scamo for your interest but, after 3 days trying to put it on, my only explanation is that MF3D has something wrong in hardware... will contact with DJTT and we
Rey Holubar
@Vic - yeah. That is what I meant.

@Steve - this is just a shot in the dark, but do you have a USB hub or other USB devices on the same USB port as the MF3d? If so, get rid of them and just hook up the MF3d to flash it.

scamo
Felix Fleet
Having a little trouble upgrading firmware, and switching to 'remix decks' in the utility, it does it, flashes, and when i try to reconnect to the utility it does not recognize the mf3d. i then have to get my mfc connected to then flash with the 3d firmware. any ideas?
China Osborne
djranking s remix os x.jpg

yeap Scamo, i believe is that what you mean, in MF utility/tools/Alternate Firmware/Standard or Remix Deck - OS X?
Rey Holubar
Did you disconnect and reconnect the MF3d? That is when you get asked to select the Mix Deck to control. Also, when you say "Remix deck firmware: done", did you actually go into the utility and select the Mix Deck firmware selection? I also got stuck on that point, until I watched Ean's video for a third time. LOL!

scamo
China Osborne
... allright, i explain better, ok?

- Remix deck firmware: done
- MF utility import Ean
Rey Holubar
You just need to change the firmware to Mix Decks in the firmware utility. Ean explains at minute 1:00 here.

scamo
China Osborne
Hi all, i
Corie Hanslip
There are a couple of options in that case.

You could set the Midi Fighter to only be a HID device and forego more advanced mappings. This should reduce the size of the firmware. Alternately you could set some button combo to switch between the two, although I imagine that this would have some lag because the computer would have to re-recognize the hardware.

I'm not sure what's taking up the majority of space in the MF3D firmware, but it may be possible to either write it more efficiently or write some kind of compression algorithms. I'm assuming it's written in C; some clever assembly libraries might help reduce the size. It's hard to say exactly where the compression could be most useful without looking at the source code, but it should be possible. You could imagine some short routine and bit of data that could perform the same actions as the existing code but take up fewer bytes.

I know the source code for the MF Classic is available, but I figured it would be easier to trim and re-factor the code for the MF3D. I'd be willing to sign/agree to an NDA and give the firmware to you guys to distribute if you would give me the source.
Adolf Hit
@Mikeonsixstrings

Currently DJTT has no plan to open source the 3D firmware - this may change in the future as personally I prefer it that way.

However Im not sure what you are asking for here - you want to "Compress" the 3D firmware to make it work on the micro controller used in the classic/pro?

The AT90USB162 used in the classic & pro has 16K of Flash, the ATMEGA32U4 used in the MF3D has 32K of flash, if I recall correctly the last build was at 86% of the total memory, 12.5% is used by the bootloader, leaving 1.5% free.

Furthermore - and this is the real reason why the Classic and Pro cannot have HID support added, the AT90USB162 only has two data endpoints in its USB controller, making it impossible to use both USB Audio MIDI and HID interfaces at the same time.

The source code for the MF Classic is available online, you could always re-write this to be an HID only device, I'm always happy to help with answers
Corie Hanslip
Can DJTT release the source for the Midi Fighter 3D firmware? I bet there's a way to compress the data.

Alternately I'll disassemble it, but releasing the source would be much easier.
Adolf Hit
@basseek

Yes some of the aspects of how his mapping work are dependent on his own settings and not part of the default behavior, if you have a look through the mapping file you should be able to replicate them your self.

@mikeonsixtrings

Unfortunately even though Ean did say we would add Remix functionality to the Pro and Classic it proved to be technically impossible as the Pro & Classic use a much more limited controller than the MF 3D. Sorry to let you down
Lino Murgatroyd
thanks that did fix it, I know what's going on I thought the way Ean's mapping, that he shows in the video is how the remix deck came but that's all his personal settings aren't they? Feeling a little bit of a noob at the moment sorry to both you with all the extra questions
Corie Hanslip
Midi Fighter Pro / Classic update?

Alternately, are the microcontrollers and pinouts the same? Could we just flash the same firmware and forgo the features tied to other buttons?
Adolf Hit
Hi Basseek,

Ok the problem you have in HID mode is that in HID mode by default all midi is disabled, you can enable the motion MIDI again under the (poorly named) options group HID Functions>HID Mode>Send Motion MIDI

Im not sure what you mean about the color out display, are you not seeing the clip colors in HID mode?

And yes you can map all the unused knobs on your s4 as filter knobs !
Lino Murgatroyd
thanks heaps for that the bank stop works fine my bad and it fixed the problem with motion when in midi mode but not HID. Also im not getting a colour out display when in HID sorry to keep bugging you with all these questions. One last 1, I have a s4 and now that my effect controls are redundant on it, is there anyway they could be mapped for filter/ gain knobs for the remix deck, that would be off the hook
Adolf Hit
Hey Basseek,

1) Bank Stop - To use this you need to hold the side button you have bank stop mapped to, then push the bank button corresponding to the slot you want to stop.

2) Check under motion settings and make sure that the X axis is not enabled under the combined tilt CC setting.
Lino Murgatroyd
Hi guys first up I would like to say thanks for all the awesome work you do and I love my mf3d, but since i updated the firmware so it can be used with the remix decks I've got a few problems. Firstly in HID mode the bank stop button doesn't work and none of the motion controls work. When in midi mode my left and right motions do not work properly I get nothing when I engage the right hand bank and when engaging the left hand bank it starts at 50%, when I tilt left it goes to 0 and I tilt right it goes to 100. I have reinstalled all the mapping and and firmware and it is still there. When I reinstall the old firmware its all back normal. Can you please help?
Adolf Hit
Hi dubyabee2, please log a support ticket, they can help you get it back to life.
Cherryl Danberry
Evening, I bricked my MF3d.

I am using OSx 10.8 and was using a usb hub at the time. All I have is the 4 bank flashing now and the utility won't recognize or crashes if I try to force a firmware.

Help?
Belva Bolay
Originally Posted by oriyong
I just download a new controller editor from NI website install, open select f1 and close it. Then run traktor. Boom! it's work!
it is helped me too
Natisha Mcglown
Yep we solved with Mike on the ticket system. Thanks
Adolf Hit
Hi Flager - Did your problem get solved yet? If not send me a PM and Ill help you out.
Natisha Mcglown
DOnt you have that file Around ? the waiting is Killing me here and my MF3d Still Bricked and im crying a river here.

Thanks
Rey Holubar
It depends on what you want. If you want full Mix Deck control and integration, you'll want the F1. The F1 is just simply made for the Mix Decks and nothing compares to it at this point for total Mix Deck integration and control. If you want more of a "performance" instrument, with the ability to have a bit more or rather different creative freedom, you'll want the MF3d. It's a tough choice.

As fate would have it, I have one of both and love them both too.

scamo
Gaylord Lomerson
Do you believe it's better to buy a F1 or MFPro?
Natisha Mcglown
All right so i have to wait for Midifidler to send me the file ? how did you contact him ? But can you upload the file even if the MF Utility doestnt recognize your MF3d ?

Regards
Deon Arrabito
Originally Posted by flager
Same happen to me ... did you resolved it ?
yeb i did get resolve it. First of all my problem while flashing mf3d is my usb hub. I connected my mf3d through powered usb hub and that what make it failed to flash. After that, I changed to put my mf3d directly to my macbook pro and then use the file that midifidler will give it to you to import it to mf3d again via mf utility. Hope this help you man
Natisha Mcglown
Originally Posted by oriyong
MY MF3D is fail to flash firmware and the forth bank button is keep flashing. It seems like the utility cannt see my MF3D now. what should i do?
Same happen to me ... did you resolved it ?
Tamara Mountain
Originally Posted by eruelas
Hey Guys, new to DJTT and new to the MF3D, I tried everything the videos and these tread suggests, but I cant get the effects on the remix decks to work while pressing the sample button, also the lights are not working like on Ean's video, is that going to be a different mapping, or is it supposed to do that with the current one?. The other thing, I can not make the samples to stop, I tried holding on the 3rd side button, and pressing/releasing and the sample keeps on playing, the only way is keeping the third button pressed and pushing on the top button on the row I want to stop. Everything else works, outside the HID mode, I am using the Instant Gratification mapping and it works very good, just need to practice a lot to get everything on time. Thanks.

cant get the effects on the remix decks to work while pressing the sample button
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "while pressing the sample button". Do you mean turning fx on/off on a sample slot?

also the lights are not working like on Ean's video
That's a special mapping that hasn't been released yet.

I can not make the samples to stop
That didn't seem to work for me either. The only way I could get a sample to stop playing was to press and hold the 3rd button on the left side and then press the bank button above the sample you want to stop playing, not the sample button. It also works to press a button that corresponds to an empty slot on the row of samples you want to stop playing.
Albertine Harjung
Hey Guys, new to DJTT and new to the MF3D, I tried everything the videos and these tread suggests, but I cant get the effects on the remix decks to work while pressing the sample button, also the lights are not working like on Ean's video, is that going to be a different mapping, or is it supposed to do that with the current one?. The other thing, I can not make the samples to stop, I tried holding on the 3rd side button, and pressing/releasing and the sample keeps on playing, the only way is keeping the third button pressed and pushing on the top button on the row I want to stop. Everything else works, outside the HID mode, I am using the Instant Gratification mapping and it works very good, just need to practice a lot to get everything on time. Thanks.
Rey Holubar
Hey Michael,

Great work on this new firmware. I've been playing around just a little with my MF3d and the Mix Deck controls and they are all working good for me. Took me a bit to find the "switch" to get the MF3d into Mix Deck mode (I am just starting with a MBP), but once I did, killer!

Thanks for this DJTT and Michael!

scamo
Marcie Becke
@midifidler

OK, so I can now get "bank stop" to work. And, of course, the problem was me not knowing how it was intended to work. With the mapping the comes with the remix hid firmware download, bank stop is assigned to the right side button 3. When you click that, then click one of the bank buttons, the bank stops. Hoorah!!!!

Now the bad news. ... When I assign the same side button to "bank mute" and use the it in exactly the same way, I get no result. Again, if I switch the function back to "bank stop", banks function as expected and that particular remix bank stops. But, again, bank mute does NOT work.

Any clues???

Stoked!!!
Adolf Hit
I can now reproduce the issue some people experience with windows where the MF3D is no longer recognized by the utility.
I am working on a solution.
Deon Arrabito
Finally got it work thanks to @Stoked and @Midifidler
I just download a new controller editor from NI website install, open select f1 and close it. Then run traktor. Boom! it's work!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy