DJ Stormeagle's Numark Total Control + Traktor Pro Mapping Video

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: DJ Stormeagle's Numark Total Control + Traktor Pro Mapping VideoReply
DJ Stormeagle's Numark Total Control + Traktor Pro Mapping Video
Posted on: 15.01.2010 by Vernice Balthis
This 10 minute gear overview video covers everything my custom mapping does on my Total Control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSMSWXorRSA&fmt=18

The lastest .tsi file and installation instructions can be found on my website here:
http://djstormeagle.com/midi-mapping.html

I hope this shows that even an entry-level controller can be a useful mixing tool when mapped creatively.

Comments and questions welcome!
Leeanna Ayla
Are the FX banks turned on for the deck your trying them on?
Celinda Maude
hey i just set up my numark total control to work with traktor pro all my knobs and buttons are functioning correctly but when i try to use the effects they wont work at all the knobs and buttons show that theyre wroking but i cant hear any of the effects. i would greatly appreciate the help
Deanna Penley
Hey matey! Love the custom map. Was considering dumping my total control until I found this. Just a couple of suggestions though. I would suggest keeping the gain controls as standard and having the filter as the secondry function and the shift keys set as sticky keys instead of hold toggles. Thanks again man!!! ;-)
Gwendolyn Eberhard
updating now

i was on version 1.1.something lol

this should probably fix it

me<----- oops
Vernice Balthis
To be completely honest, I have no experience with .tsi import problems. Perhaps someone else who has more knowledge in this area could lend a hand? My only suggestion is to make sure that you are running the latest version of Traktor which is 1.2.5 I don't believe my .tsi will run on older versions. Let me know if you are up to date and still have an issue.
Gwendolyn Eberhard
i downloaded your tsi file

it looks amazing in the vid

but when i click import and the little box pops up asking me what i want to import none of the options are available

help?
Lincoln Janecke
I just got traktor pro 1.2.4 but the .tsi file does not seem to work. I imported it like I'm suppose to but after I do nothing works.

Never mind, Mapped it myself. Took me all evening but I got it down.
Dana Ordinario
Has anyone else had a problem using this .tsi file i have downloaded it both from this thread and from am email from the OP and both times It loads a Midi control TotalControl but it is empty. No mapping is present anyone else have this problem I'm running Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.1 anyone have any idea what may be wrong?

I just realized I have not updated to the latest traktor so I just grabbed the 1.2.4 files hopefully that fixes the problem

Upgrading to 1.2.4 fixed it and it's all working perfectly thanks again for such a great layout
Vernice Balthis
@luckee_d Please check your email for further instructions on how we can begin to resolve the LED issue.
Vernice Balthis
I am working on a native 4 deck mapping that won't lose any of my original mapping's functionality. I'm still working out the details though. As soon as it is finished I will post it here.
Ernestine Gruender
Is it possible to incorporate the 4 deck into my omni mapping? What is lost from StormEagles original mapping? Please let me know, 4 decks would be awesome. THX
Ernestine Gruender
O O
[1] [2]

O O
[3] [4]

Yeah 1 and 4 are money. Just 3 and 4. The effects work fine and the Traktor screen interface are correct. The only issue is when I activate FX 2 or 3, both Led's for FX 2 and 3 turn on. Below I listed more in depth. Big thanks for taking the time.

In Chained mode:

When I press button 2, FX 2 become active and the LED for fx 2 and 3 activate. I press button 2 again and both leds turn off and fx stop.

When I press button 3, both leds 2 and 3 illuminate and the effects for # 3 become active. I press button 3 again and both leds turn off and fx stop.

If i engage both effects on #2 and #3 and i turn one of them off, then both of the lights turn off even though one effect is still active.

In advanced Mode:

Same as above except the RST (button 3) will turn of led's for 2 and 3.

Thanks again!
Vernice Balthis
I believe some of the omni buttons and LEDs are wired a little differently than the Total Control's are. Please confirm that I am understanding your problem correctly and I'll work out a fix. Here's the effects section:

O O
[1] [2]

O O
[3] [4]

The problem, as I understand it, is that when you press button [2], LED [3] turns on instead of [2]. However, pushing button [3] still illuminates LED [3], button [1] still illuminates LED [1], and pushing button [4] still illuminates LED [4].

Is this a correct understanding of the problem?

P.S. I am working also on my own 4 deck mapping with fader FX right now. I'm still working out the details, but when it's ready I'll make a tutorial video and post here.
Ernestine Gruender
StormEagle!!!!!!!!! I was working a 72 hour weekend and didn't get to play with the new file, but I tried it today and it works really well! The only thing I notice is that when activating the top right fx button on either deck a or deck b, the bottom left fx light illuminates, but the bottom left fx will not activate unless I press it. So the fx work fine, just the extra light can be deceiving by imitating that 2 effects are active versus the actual 1 that is active. Anyone else have this issue? Has anyone tried DJ Ovation mapping? If so is there a layout description and a directions or a YouTube video for instructional purposes? Will it work on my Omni?Thanks StormEagle and the other contributors?
Jesusa Winders
Hi I made the exactly functions of deck A and B for C and D when you push the left key button
Vernice Balthis
I would suggest scraping the generic Omni file for now. It may be conflicting with mine. Make sure both ports are set to the Omni Control on my .tsi. I believe the In/Out Ports are ok though because the controller is performing some functions. If the ports were messed up, it wouldn't work at all. I believe the real issue is that the jogg wheels on the Omni send different messages than the Total Control. Check your email, I'll help you get it straightened out.
Ernestine Gruender
Thanks StormEagle. I wasnt able to download it from the site but your email worked. I cant get the jog wheel reversal figured out. In the controller setup I have my generic keyboard and my generic Omni midi file imported then I import your tsi settings. So all three tsi files are active. What can I do? All other features seem to work but the jog wheels will not cooperate. I believe I am still getting my In Port/Out Port settings screwed up somewhere. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Vernice Balthis
I updated the .tsi in the first post just to be sure that it is the most current version. FX default to reverb fixed, joggwheels re-mapped, and only one mapping appears on import. The In-Port is TotalTrack Control and the Out-Port is TotalTrack Control. I'm happy to answer questions/comments/problems.

@Ovation: could you please list what exactly you changed? I'm actually developing a four deck mapping of my own right now and I am always looking for new ideas.
Ernestine Gruender
No worries I cannot wait to try it. THX
Vernice Balthis
@ lucky d, I accidentally sent you an old version, I'll send you the most recent version later today.
Jesusa Winders
Hello every one my name is Dj Ovation from Puerto Rico check the changes I made to work with 4 decks
Ernestine Gruender
Awesome it works on the Omni and thank you for the quick response. A few questions for you.

I have 3 files loaded as general midi (the numark generic/your map/your map)and 1 loaded as generic keyboard. What should the in port/out port settings for each be? I noticed that only some buttons work dependant on the inport outport settings.

I believe I got it to work but the jog wheels (Left control deck B and vise versa) are reversed and when trying to use fx on deck A in advanced mode it defaults to reverb and i cannot turn on the effects. Am i doing some thing wrong? Hope I explained it well, I am new to this MIDI thing.

Thanks again
Vernice Balthis
emailed .tsi. Gain is simply shift + filter (relative mode)
Ernestine Gruender
Nice work on that, Will this work on Omni Control/Traktor Pro V1.2.5? I tried downoading the tsi file but could not. Can you send it to my E-mail? It is [email protected] (luckee underscore d underscore [email protected])
If it does work can you explain how to use the gain knobs or are they gone from use with your file? Thanks alot
Lyman Kipker
hey thanks for sharing your .tsi !

very nice job !
Ciara Cuttill
i dont know, none of the mappings do come up i have tried different browsers ... if you can e-mail it to me maybe i can figure it out but yea .. shoot me a copy over at [email protected]
Vernice Balthis
Try downloading with another internet browser. If that doesn't work, shoot me a PM and I will send it to your email address.
Samatha Stapley
hmm why can't i download the attachment tsi file?
Roxanne Chaudoin
Thanks - Sorted
Vernice Balthis
its a modifier
Roxanne Chaudoin
Thanks! Sorry to hassle, but where is the isinloop parameter?
Vernice Balthis
Sure, map these four commands to the loop in button:

1. Loop In/Set Cue: IsInLoop = 0, Button Trigger
2. Cue/Loop Move Size: IsInLoop = 1, Button Direct, Set to Value: Loop
3. Cue/Loop Move Mode: IsInLoop = 1, Button Direct, Set to Value: Loop Out
4. Cue/Loop Move: IsInLoop = 1, Button Direct, Set to Value: Back
Roxanne Chaudoin
Can you let us know how you did the looping to half the time?
Vernice Balthis
I"m running 1.2.4. That might be causing the issue
Roxanne Chaudoin
Yeah I'm ok with the buttons on the controller, it's the actual setting within the application to map it that I'm struggling with!

There's a really useful JPG some guy did that not only has the mappings like your diagram, but also their notation values and the LED values for each button. Save me hours! I can send it to you if needed.
Ciara Cuttill
@fruitbat dont know if you have a copy of the midimap but heres one just in case ... good luck
Roxanne Chaudoin
Same here. Maybe it's the versions (I'm on 1.2.1)

I've just spent the last 4 hours mapping them all in myself anyway to how I like them!

Can't for the life of me work out how to increase or decrease loop times though (to make a drumroll). I can only seem to set loops to specific values. Not increase or decrease.
Ciara Cuttill
hmmm .. i dled the new file, but still have no categories to import maybe something wrong on my end??
Vernice Balthis
Re-exported and updated link on first page. Make sure your controller is on channel 1 too. Hopefully that works!
Roxanne Chaudoin
Didn't work properly for me either.

Looks a great setup so I'd really appreciate a working copy?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy