DJ Stormeagle's Numark Total Control + Traktor Pro Mapping Video

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: DJ Stormeagle's Numark Total Control + Traktor Pro Mapping VideoReply
DJ Stormeagle's Numark Total Control + Traktor Pro Mapping Video
Posted on: 15.01.2010 by Vernice Balthis
This 10 minute gear overview video covers everything my custom mapping does on my Total Control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSMSWXorRSA&fmt=18

The lastest .tsi file and installation instructions can be found on my website here:
http://djstormeagle.com/midi-mapping.html

I hope this shows that even an entry-level controller can be a useful mixing tool when mapped creatively.

Comments and questions welcome!
Vernice Balthis
Originally Posted by dj finn
Hey..

When will u be posting up a video tut for the new Traktor Pro 2 mapping for the Numark Total Control..?

Cheers
Unfortunately I've decided not to produce a new tutorial video for my TPro2 mapping in the near future. Hopefully the written description of the changes is sufficient, but you are always welcome to shoot me a PM/email with any questions.

-Stormeagle
Autumn Kannon
I know this post is very old, but i lost my copy of the original mapping for traktor pro 1, anyone have it? The shift seems to not work on tp2 midi map. Greetings everyone!
Esta Ursino
I may be buying this controller as a backup and to play on. Thanks for sharing the tsi file and updating to TP2!!
My main concern is does this controller work on 64 bit laptops?

Thanks!!
Kimi Saladin
Works very well with my omni control except for the platter that were inverted as well as two knobs on each deck, wich were no big deal to fix. Realy gave a new life to my controller. Thanks stormeagle ! BTW the two shift button are realy awesome, it leave place for new personnal control. And my Omni control would like to thank you for not being sold on ebay XD once more in it's life.
Vernice Balthis
Originally Posted by dj finn
Hey..

When will u be posting up a video tut for the new Traktor Pro 2 mapping for the Numark Total Control..?

Cheers
Unfortunately I've decided not to produce a new tutorial video for my TPro2 mapping in the near future. Hopefully the written description of the changes is sufficient, but you are always welcome to shoot me a PM/email with any questions.

-Stormeagle
Akiko Zanchi
Hey..

Cheers
Akiko Zanchi
Nice one due..al get a blast on it later..appreciated
Stephan Roob
very very awesome

i wonder how much will translate to my stealth control...
Vernice Balthis
I am pleased to announce the official release of my Traktor Pro 2 MIDI mapping for the Numark Total Control!

The .tsi file is new available for download on my website www.djstormeagle.com/midi-mapping along with installation instructions.

What's new in 2.0.1?

1. More intuitive effects layout. Dry/Wet is now bottom left knob, with Effect 1/Parameter 1 at top left, Effect 2/Parameter 2 at top right, and Effect 3/Parameter 3 at bottom right.
  2. Effect Shortcuts. Pressing shift plus the on/off button of an effect now loads a specific effect. In chained mode, both units default shortcuts are: Effect 1: Delay, Effect 2: Reverb, Effect 3: 92LFO. In single mode, Unit 1 defaults to Delay and Unit 2 defaults to Reverb. Fully customizable in the mapping, comments which say what Unit, Mode, and Slot each command loads for easy editing.
  3. Beatjump Size Select. With secondary shift engaged, the four buttons labeled "Pitch Bend" become beatjump size selects. Going left to right across the unit, the buttons set the beatjump size to 4 bars, 8 bars, 16 bars, and 32 bars. There is no LED feedback for what mode the device is currently in. Once a mode is selected, the beatjump buttons will now move forward and backward the designated number of bars.
  4. Browsing has been modified slightly. To navigate the folder tree, use shift and the browsing knob. (This frees up the "Directory" button for better use.)
  5. Directory button shows/hides the deck advanced panel with the move, cue, and grid tabs.
  6. Reworked Backend Modifiers. This mapping has been completely reworked from top to bottom to implement a new modifier scheme. Most functions now use only one modifier condition, leaving another condition free for adding your own layers. Need a button for another modifier? Delete the command for the directory button (it has a comment labeling it as "Directory Button") and remap to your liking.

Comments or Questions? Post below or send me an email here. Thanks for you patience, tutorial video is coming soon. Hope you enjoy!
Akiko Zanchi
Excellent dude just got the new version of Traktor and now i cant use my midi controller The one from Numark site doesnt work either.
Vernice Balthis
I'll be releasing a TPro 2 mapping shortly. Keep an eye on my website, I should have it posted in the next week or so.
Akiko Zanchi
Hey dude

Will this mapping for for Traktor Pro 2.? If it doesnt are you going to make a new mapping for it.?

Cheers, dj finn
Vernice Balthis
ah, it's not actually a different mapping for Mac/PC. I believe I switched the two when I reworked the mapping because I thought it being on the bottom would allow for easier access. please feel free to edit as appropriate.
Akiko Zanchi
No problem dude i understand. Yeah see the 4 parameters on the numark t/c mixer. Theres 4 on each side for effects. On the windows versions the dry/wet one is on the first top and on the mac its the first on the second row. Do u get me now?
Vernice Balthis
Ok, glad to hear its up and running. I'm always leery when I get questions about my mapping running on old versions of Traktor - I've had a few people contact me wanting help when they were running cracked versions of Traktor, which I do not offer support for, so that's why my first response is always to update. It's easy for legitimate users to update and usually fixes any problems with the .tsi file installation.

Anyways, I'm not sure I'm understanding your question about the dry/wet parameter though. (I only run TPro on a Mac) You can always edit the .tsi yourself but I'll need more specifics about whats happening and what you would like it to do instead if I'm going to try to adjust it myself.
Akiko Zanchi
Ive now updated it and it runs perfect now, cheers dude

I have traktor pro on windows & mac, theres is a slight difference on the dry/wet parameter, is there anyway i could change it or you could send me another file please, just dont want to get mixed up when playing on mac. I usually use windows one when playing in house but use macbook at mates houses/gigs..

Cheers again..

Originally Posted by djstormeagle
To be honest, I don't know. Any specific reason for not updating to the most recent version? It fixes the infamous ACC waveform cache problem that was a major problem of several earlier versions.
Vernice Balthis
To be honest, I don't know. Any specific reason for not updating to the most recent version? It fixes the infamous ACC waveform cache problem that was a major problem of several earlier versions.
Akiko Zanchi
Originally Posted by djstormeagle
Please update to the latest version of Traktor through the NI Service Center http://www.native-instruments.com/in...id=updates&L=1 (Login with the user name and password you used to activate Traktor after you purchased it) Once fully updated, download and install the most recent .tsi from my website www.djstormeagle.com/midi-mapping.html

-Stormeagle
But would the first mapping not work with 1.2.4?

Thanks
Stephan Denigris
very cool mapping
Vernice Balthis
Please update to the latest version of Traktor through the NI Service Center http://www.native-instruments.com/in...id=updates&L=1 (Login with the user name and password you used to activate Traktor after you purchased it) Once fully updated, download and install the most recent .tsi from my website www.djstormeagle.com/midi-mapping.html

-Stormeagle
Akiko Zanchi
Will the first tsi file on the first page work with traktor pro 1.2.4??

Cheers
Maisie Marras
modifiers. look them up on the community search. you'll see a bit about how to set them up and use them
Wynell Ludin
wow this is great would love to map my mixtrack to incoperate the shift key function how did u set that up??
Vernice Balthis
Latest .tsi is available from my website with instructions on how to install: http://djstormeagle.com/midi-mapping.html
Rena Conde
Bit of a bump for the thread.

I'm just about to buy T Pro while it's on offer. Has there been any updates to the tsi. files available in this thread and is DJ Stormeagles the file of the choice. Would like to maximise the potential of my Omni along with the features of T Pro when thats purchased.

Cheers

Olie
Jesusa Winders
Try this instructions made by jesterDNZ

Deck Toggle Buttons In 30 seconds, presented by prof. andersen.

- select an unused button to be used as a deck toggle button and choose a modifier to assign it to (e.g. modifier 8)

- assign this as a modifier in the mapping page and use these parameters .. M8=0, set to "Button, Direct, Value 1"

- duplicate this but this time set M8=1, set to "Button, Direct, Value 0"

- abracadabra, you now have a togggling modifier. Its a good idea to set an output led to this modifier as well, so you know at a glance what deck is active. This is easy, just add an output command linked to modifier 8 and add M8=1.

- the fun part is to use this a s a deck toggle button, say Deck A -> Deck C you have to add a M8=0 command to all the deck A functions and a M8=1 to all Deck C functions. So for example The Play/Cue Button for deck a that you want to use in deck c with the deck toggle, you add the M8=0 command and map the same button to Play/Cue for deck c and add M8=1.

- Have fun, its a long and tedious process! like watching paint dry but without the buzz off the fumes
Rosalinda Dapremont
What up mate! I've been using your tsi since i bought my TC and it's awesome!
Now i started to change some functions that i will love to have, but i have a question and hopefully you can help me.
It's there a way you could make the "key" button to toggle? Not just hold type.
I've searched a lot for this and when a finally believe it's the proper configuration, the button just get actived and theres no chance to deactivate it!!

Hope can you help me mate and again, thanks for the effort you put on the Total Control, it simply rocks!!
Rosalinda Stotler
Hi! Thanks for the awesome video. I'm just bought my first dj mixer like yours and thought of Traktor LE as really basic. I never knew that Numark's TC can handle PRO until I saw your cool video. Can you pls tell me how to download your tsi file. Coz everytime I go to your community , it will automatically log me out whhich i dont know why.
Vernice Balthis
Please see page 7, third post down: http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...t=10421&page=7
Maybelle Mongiardo
Hey I am really excited about this tsi file but it will not work. I first deleted all the previous settings then i Imported the tsi file and set the in and out ports to all ports and then hit close! nothing works on the NTC

Is there anything I am doing wrong ? is it because i have traktor scratch pro?
Lajuana Snock
Man this tsi is the bomb

Exactly what I need and easy to use

And the vid was just extremely helpful
Maisie Marras
i dont believe ill be using the 4 decks as the main mapping

and ive only been using the orighinal (or the one after it)

but im going to have a good messing around with this new mapping thanks
Jesusa Winders
Hello every one in this version you can control the volumes of C n D with the tempo faders and the tempos wit the shift key
Also when you touch the track/page button you can see 4 full decks and when touch the left key it change to see the FX section on top
Holding the left key and pitch bend you can assign the FX 1and2 to deck A/C
or B/D also cue monitor with key /load track
I made a change in the control of the FX 2 because one of the button its not working on my controller for example the delay freeze its assigned on button num. 3
It was made on version 1.2.5
I include the attachment of the tsi
Enjoy
Deanne Baston
@djStormeagle
sorry about the pm, got it all to work! Your mapping is amazing! Love it so much. This will make my first gig so much easier, as it is much more similar to my old mixer now!

Also a note about the set up:

When your using the cue points 1 2 and 3, if you set up the third as the starting for your song, you can easily shift+cue then drop the shift to have the track instantly play with out having to hit the play again! it is flippin sweet!

Thanks stormeagle for such a great piece of work, and making a "entry level" controller an even better controller!
Dana Ordinario
you need 1.2.4 or above I believe it may work with 1.2.3 but not sure more than likely you need to upgrade thou.
Renae Braese
Hi, i tried to load the tsi into traktor pro 1.2 but it didn't work. do i have to upgrade for it to work or is the an older version of the mapping i could use that would work with my current version of traktor. Thanks
p.s. awesome mapping man!!
Dodie Khaira
I imported your mapping but nothing on my total control works. Do you have any tips? I have only recently bought the device...could it be a new/old model problem.

Thanks
Emilee Woytovich
Originally Posted by djscribe
ok ill check it out but I need a button that just toggles the activate on and off on dec A and B
There's a MIDI command called "Loop Active" which will do what you need, it just toggles the loop active on or off. I used to have my two loop buttons mapped with one set to drop an 8 beat loop and the other set as a loop active toggle. Then shift changes these buttons to loop increase and decrease size
Natashia Lotten
ok ill check it out but I need a button that just toggles the activate on and off on dec A and B
Emilee Woytovich
Originally Posted by djscribe
How about for activating a a loop that is already set?
You can map a button to both set a loop and then deactivate it when you press it again. Check the mapping in my signature

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy