DJ Stormeagle's Numark Total Control + Traktor Pro Mapping Video

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: DJ Stormeagle's Numark Total Control + Traktor Pro Mapping VideoReply
DJ Stormeagle's Numark Total Control + Traktor Pro Mapping Video
Posted on: 15.01.2010 by Vernice Balthis
This 10 minute gear overview video covers everything my custom mapping does on my Total Control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSMSWXorRSA&fmt=18

The lastest .tsi file and installation instructions can be found on my website here:
http://djstormeagle.com/midi-mapping.html

I hope this shows that even an entry-level controller can be a useful mixing tool when mapped creatively.

Comments and questions welcome!
Natashia Lotten
Originally Posted by djstormeagle
Unfortunately there is no function in this mapping for setting a loop with one button. You will need to use loop in and loop out. However, you could modify my .tsi to add that feature to your liking.

How about for activating a a loop that is already set?
Lavone Nagbe
Thanks! Your TSI for Total Control Rocks!
I learn heaps by going through your mapping.
Ruthie Chrzanowski
Hey guys! Was anyone able to expand on DJ Ovation's 4 deck mapping .tsi? It's working properly except for the fact that I can't cue with Decks C and D as holding down the Key button and pressing Set Cue is already assigned to some other function. Sorry, I'm such a noob at this! haha
Laurence Tuzzio
Very good .tsi man. It really busts total control inputs.

Big Regards
Lorene Boehler
It's all cool man, It's not like this is your Job. Hell I might just take this as an opportunity to dive further into my own MIDI mapping.
Vernice Balthis
@onetidd I'm still working on the file for you - I've been very busy and the LEDs are still baffling me

@mauriciopaim Click Import and then choose the file. I'm not sure about the check boxes - sorry, maybe someone else can help out.

@apog The total control LEDs don't have blinking capability. I'm believe there's a workaround by outputting the BPM or something but you would have to do some reading on that. Check out the people who use it with Cue or VDJ because I believe the default mapping for them blinks the sync LEDs to the beat.

@JelaniRobot The more I try to work out a 4 deck mapping, I realize that since I personally don't use 4 decks right now I feel like I'm forcing it. I've decided to officially put the 4 deck mapping project on hold until further notice. I'll continue to believe about it and if I iron one out I'll post it here.
Lorene Boehler
IDK where the 4 Deck mapping is at in terms of creation, but I can't wait for this thing to be done! Random thought, but still super stoked for it!
Dana Ordinario
I don't believe there's anyway to make a button blink. I could be totally wrong thou I'm very new to writing mapping code but I would love this feature if it was possible.
Phillip Motts
great work man!!!! i want to ask you something. is it possible when load a track to make the play/pause button blink? or when pressing cue button to turn cue button led on and play/pause blink? like in many dj-consoles.. i believe there's no light in the console..
thanks!!!
Daisy Kailer
Thanks for that. I am just starting to use my total control, and I would like to know how it works to use the TSI file.

I use import option and after that click ask me to select the categories but I am not able to select the categories.

How it works, is that right?

Thanks Dj Stormeagle's
Oswaldo Appeldorn
cool
Angella Syrek
this is the LED mapping: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...3&d=1238263007
Angelyn Levy
Hey man tanx alot....im getting crazy mapping my total control!!!tnx
Oswaldo Appeldorn
It's exactly what i need Dj Stormeagle's tx again... but if it's too hard with the led it's not a problem ^^
Vernice Balthis
well I believe what onetidd wants (correct me if I am wrong) is the Loop In to just auto set a loop of 16 beats and loop out to end the loop. I got the functionality done easily but something with the status LEDs is messed up. Only the Loop out button stays lit. Both Loop in and Loop out should be lit since I have a "loop active" LEDs output command in the mapping. So I have to spend some more time believeing about why that is and how to fix it. Complete pain in the --- like you said since the notes aren't the same as the button they are on. Thanks for the heads up on the thread though, I'll have a look if you send along the link.
Angella Syrek
what problem are you having with the LED's? that was a major gripe of mine having to use notes rather than numbers AND them being completely different to the buttons they relate to, I've got a link to the midi notes for the buttons if you need and there's a thread on the native instruments community explaining some things you can do with them really well.
Oswaldo Appeldorn
Oh thanx a lot i will wait the times it does ^^
Vernice Balthis
Originally Posted by onetidd
Any help please?
You need to give me more time - I'm having an issue with the LEDs. When it's done I'll get back to you. I promise I haven't forgotten about you!
Oswaldo Appeldorn
Any help please?
Angella Syrek
i dont have a video but i can post the mapping if people want. i've changed quite a few other things aswell. one thing to bear in mind though is that i also use a touchscreeen laptop (HP DV2300) which has a pretty good multitouch interface. its not quite "ipad djing" capable yet, both due to hardware and software not being there yet but it means i can have really quick access to loops and move controls without having to use the trackpad. its also really handy for avoiding those moments trying to find the cursor in the heat of the moment.

because of this and windows 7's awesome drag and drop stuff i've completely remapped the track loading section as i do this on the laptop (and also use itunes to organise my music alot of the time). my shift button does the effects select but also turns the pitch and loop buttons into hotcues, with the left track load being used as a modifier to delete them on the fly. the other major change is that i always found the monitor mix to be in a bit of an innaccessible place (similar inspiration i'm sure to you having either button affect the other) so i remapped the track select encoder as a sort of super PFL selector. each push changes which deck is monitored and the encoder changes the mix, this allows really quick switching of what your listening to and matching up.

the last thing i really want to do with this controller is surn the right track load button into a scratch modifier. it would be awesome if i could hold it then turning the jog would send a midi on for scratch on that deck. i'm not sure if thats the best way to describe it but basically it must be possible to have a modifier act like the touch sensitive abilities of the vci.

there's so much possibility its amazing though, and the best bit is that a backpack can hold all the stuff i need to rock a party

love it when people come up and tell me i'm playing sick music, then later wander round the booth and tell me i'm not doing it right or its not the same as vinyls (no shit!?) - "mate, I'm the one being paid :P"
Vernice Balthis
I guess great minds believe alike! You hit the nail on the head though - I believe the layout is very intuitive and for those of us on a tight budget and don't really scratch (if you want to why not buy turntables?) it is a fantastic controller that doesn't get any of the recognition it should. I would be very interested in seeing your mapping, any chance you have a video of it?
Angella Syrek
its unreal how similar this mapping is to the one i use on my numark stealth, right down to the use of shift buttons to effects select and quick track search. in my mind this controller easily rivals a lot of what can be done with the vci, for example i've got two extra shift buttons set up to drop/play que points and delete them. to me the amount of buttons and faders/encoders almost seems more intuative, even if the buttons aren't as playable as those on a vci arcade etc.

the only thing lacking really is the touch sensitive jogs and as yet i've had no luck really turning them into any kind of serious scratch interface but time will tell.

excellent mapping and video, these controllers dont get enough props for being great entry level digital dj tools...
Rubin Hemmer
Cant dl .tsi file. please send to [email protected] i will love you forever. well maybe not love but something real close to it.
Oswaldo Appeldorn
hello i'm looking for 16 beats max plz, or if you can't just 8 ^^ tx ^^
Andy Essenpreis
dude im gona get a numark tc just coz of this mapping. this is awesome man.. exactly what i need.. thanks so much for this..
Vernice Balthis
how many beats are you looking to auto loop?
Oswaldo Appeldorn
hOO, that's ok but i don't really know how to add that feature in your tsi please? any help will be greatly appreciated.
Vernice Balthis
Unfortunately there is no function in this mapping for setting a loop with one button. You will need to use loop in and loop out. However, you could modify my .tsi to add that feature to your liking.
Oswaldo Appeldorn
Tx alot bro it's awesome it working ^^continue the good work it's very good... can i ask you something, how can i an autoloop plz?
Vernice Balthis
Here is an updated .tsi file for Traktor version 1.2.6

If you are having problems, please make sure you are fully updated and then load this mapping.

Hopefully this will resolve any issues you are experiencing, if not please post here.
Oswaldo Appeldorn
Hey tx for that mapping, i have a macbook pro but it seems your tsi don't work on my traktor pro... I have the latest updates.. please help, when i import your tsi, the total control work like normal version...

Help
Ammie Cartlidge
thanks again,

I
Vernice Balthis
Originally Posted by Dynamics
Perhaps you need to route the In-Port and Out-Port to your controller.
That's what I was believeing. It's also possible that the firmware is missing - Total Controls are notorious for shipping without it installed.
Clelia Braccini
Perhaps you need to route the In-Port and Out-Port to your controller.
Vernice Balthis
Has the Total Control worked before? Or is this the first time you are trying to use it? Also, does the CTRL box along the top bar of Traktor light up when you use the faders or jogg wheel?
Ammie Cartlidge
PC computer & traktor pro I use is 1.2.5 I
Vernice Balthis
@cursedone2: Like photojojo said, check and make sure the effect unit is turned on for that deck. If you are still having a problem let me know.

@Butters89: Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I will update the .tsi for 1.2.6 this week.

@airline8a: Please be more specific with the problem you are experiencing so I can try help you.

@bartboy: I'm still working on the 4 deck mapping, it should be done by the end of the month. My main rig is actually the TC and an LPD8. I'm still working out how exactly the LPD8 should be mapped - currently its 4 pads for cues 5-8 and 4 pads for turning on effects. Knobs control dry/wet and effect parameters. Only uses 1 bank - Pad mode for deck 1 and CC mode for deck b. I'll post a new video detailing the 4 deck mapping and also the LPD8 when I have things all figured out. I want to take my time and really believe them through.
Dana Ordinario
Hey Stormeagle I was wondering if you ever finished the 4 deck mapping I would love to see some of the things you have come up with for that. I am using a modded version of your tsi and it is incredible. I am going to get another LPD8 and have a dedicated one for each deck or maybe one for deck a+c and one for b+d but anyways once I do I'm gonna really change around the tsi to better suit what I'm doing but I would love to see your ideas on what a 4 deck setup could be with just the Numark TC thanks cheers
Ammie Cartlidge
help I can
Lincoln Janecke
My computer crashed and I had to re-install my OS. I was able to get tractor working again but the newest version which is 2.2.6

When you can could you please update your .tsi

Thanks in advance. Amazing mapping btw.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy