Xone: DB2 Thread

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Xone: DB2 ThreadReply
Xone: DB2 Thread
Posted on: 30.09.2011 by Romelia Stankard
I believe it might be time for me to ditch my NI Kontrollers and get back to my Xonetacular heritage.

I wonder how much a DB4 and two K2s will set me back. This thing look perfect.

http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Produc...eDB2&SubCatId=

Twin DSP FX Engines

:: Massive FX Library
XoneB2 has more than 50 FX presets divided into
5 FX types: Delays/loopers, Reverbs, Resonance,
M odulation and Damage. These are studio grade FX
Felipe Rasper
Thanx i Will do so
Juliette Vensel
Originally Posted by D@VE!
So, just ordered mine; believe / hope it will arrive Tuesday
F:eek:ck yeah!!!

Cannot wait to hear about it. Please post your review/thoughts. Wow...so jealous!
Felipe Rasper
So, just ordered mine; believe / hope it will arrive Tuesday
Felipe Rasper
:P I believe so
Juliette Vensel
Thanx for the info. It is available here in Europe. Thinking It's time to do
Felipe Rasper
Thanx for the info. It is available here in Europe. Thinking It's time to do
Juliette Vensel
D@VE...

Nothing I have seen yet. Just chatted with ProAudioStar rep online and he said arrival date is March 2nd, and he can take pre-orders for $1699 presently.
Felipe Rasper
So; any review on this puppy yet !?
Renaldo Chansky
Originally Posted by Cybertrash
I've always wondered, what kind of setup do you have for the product photos?
Canon EOS 7D, Sigma 10-20, Canon 50mm 2.8 and Photoshop user since v1.
Evelyn Navarijo
Originally Posted by skratchworx
I aim to please. Thanks for the kind words.
I've always wondered, what kind of setup do you have for the product photos?
Renaldo Chansky
Originally Posted by Eizhauz
something must be said about the photography on Scratchworx site... however it is takes killer photos...

BPM 2011 - Allen & Heath | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I aim to please. Thanks for the kind words.
Juliette Vensel
something must be said about the photography on Scratchworx site... however it is takes killer photos...

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/skratchworx/6238008624/in/photostream/"]BPM 2011 - Allen & Heath | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]
Random X
i'll admit i'm a sucker for Xone gear
No shame in that one. Can only imagine why this is great.
Neville Blackinton
Originally Posted by Eizhauz
Has anyone spotted a price yet in USD????
Juno is already selling them for $1600.

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/allen...xer/437058-01/

Guess I need to start saving.
Juliette Vensel
Has anyone spotted a price yet in USD????
Felipe Rasper
Originally Posted by tekki
I'm starting to believe you'd be a fan boy!
i'll admit i'm a sucker for Xone gear
Randell Koper
I like the layout more than the db4, not as clutered. quite clean.
Juliette Vensel
Originally Posted by Conall
Why anyone would buy one of the piece of shit pioneers over these is beyond me....
Hence I am trying to rid myself of one!!!
Random X
And another one :

[youtube]mqh0YRNyb-M[/youtube]

Man i would love to have one of those (DB2 / DB4).
I'm starting to believe you'd be a fan boy!
Inez Marcinik
Why anyone would buy one of the piece of shit pioneers over these is beyond me....
Felipe Rasper
And another one :

[youtube]mqh0YRNyb-M[/youtube]

Man i would love to have one of those (DB2 / DB4).
Juliette Vensel
Another demo (same rep) -- LINK

MIDI switch --- again, this is explained in solid detail on how the effects buttons can be disengaged from the effects one MIDI shift is applied, then can be used to scroll, select, cue, play, whatever you assign from Traktor or any other DJ software. Again, A&E provide mappings for 2 decks utilizing both effects stations (1 per deck), or mapping for 4 decks utilizing 'cue' buttons for deck selection and effects buttons then used for more parameters. The impressive part is once the track is engaged, you can toggle out of MIDI switch mode, go back to mixer mode, assign effects to the track you just triggered via software, and continue on with your mix.

A fully assignable MIDI controller.

Mappings for DB2 to demonstrate the above can be found HERE
Juliette Vensel
Originally Posted by firebr4nd
So wait...is it traktor certified or not?
The anticipation is that it will not be. A&H seem to be shuned for some reason. My impression at least.
Ulysses Vittetoe
So wait...is it traktor certified or not?
Juliette Vensel
Yeah... no sh*t! It is a thing of beauty. Hoping it is under 2-bills.
Erich Vallabhaneni
This mixer makes my mouth water and makes me want to throw my S4 into a fire pit (i wont because i love it like a child. lol) But i will deff look into getting one of these
Juliette Vensel
Other notes on DB2:

Price point --- "DB2 is a slightly lower price than DB4" is what is stated in the video. I wonder how "slight" slight actually is? hummmmmm......

Mic/Line In --- just noticed this is a line-in with full efx parameters. Interesting.

MIDI Switch --- revisiting this, it looks amazing. It looks as though all the 'orange' items on the mixer itself are fully mappable to any MIDI device. So as he states in the video, your effects section could simply control deck A & B, or you could map the cue buttons to assign decks A/B/C/D, and use the effects buttons for more control. Truly amazing stuff.

I can't wait to see more demos on this once people start to purchase.
Benny Lege
^ Looks Awesome!

I like that A&H are doing without the 4-band EQ's. Currently use the Xone92, which I like. Do I believe it's Perfect? No. Do I wish that I had the ability to make the faders linear, Yes. Have 3/band, instead of 4/band eq, yes. Wish it didn't make that little pop, every time filter style was changed, yes. All in all, if I ever did sell my Xone92, the upgrade would be to a DB2, or DB4. (Which seems to have addressed many thing's I listed as cons.)
Juliette Vensel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoVX5-vXmQ0

some points of interest...

Roller effect -- is what Loopers are in DB4

MIDI Shift -- allows you to utilize any of the push buttons for cues/effects, anything really, to become midi controllers. In theory, you could drive your entire set from this one mixer it seems.

Side Note:
Rep mentions this link as well for effects demo's....
http://soundcloud.com/allenandheathxone
Romelia Stankard
So I have to ask has running CDJs and gains been fixed on the DB2? I hear they run way too hot on the DB4 and when you turn down the trip in the menu the VU meters still light way up. Hoping this gets fixed with new firmware.
Juliette Vensel
Okay, thanks for the translation.

I would love to see the looping ability of the DB4 included on the DB2, but alas, this may be a distinguishing feature of the DB4 that is meant to remain that way.
Cliff Lohman
Id bet roller is similar to pioneers roll effect.. Its diff than the db4 looper in that u can overlay the buffered loop on top of the track that is playing. Db4 looper completely takes over the channel.

I hope db4 gets roller effect too as i miss having ability to overlay a loop and bring it in and out. This can be accomplished via the input matrix but its kind of a pain.
Juliette Vensel
DB2 question:

"Roller" effect is the loop sampler that the DB4 incorporates, right?
Felipe Rasper
When does the Re/post-efx option come available for the DB4 ?
Brant Briski
that's already how it has been implemented. xfader assignment choices (via the menu on the db2) are pre-fx, post-fx, or off. when it's in off, the switched route everything straight to the fx engines. you can then assign all the channels this way for master bus fx...

as for everything else, all things in time. can't reveal the end of the book before you've read the beginning and middle.
Romelia Stankard
Question for mix architekt

I notice on the DB2 the crossfader assign switches are also the FX assign switches.

Is there going to be an option in db2 firmware to disable the crossfader so that the switches can just assign FX units without having to worry about turning the crossfader on and messing up your mix if you don't use the crossfader? I would hate to be mixing then want to turn on an FX unit then have to worry about the crossfader being centered as to not screw everything up.

If there isn't yet there should be.
Juliette Vensel
Cheers yet agains Mix Architekt.

Linkfor documentation of DB2 efx section he spoke of.

Hall Massif
Hall Echo

Both of these claim to have a tail of .1 - 10 seconds, FYI.

Thanks for the mapping PDF. Massive! I love the simplicity of it.
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by djproben
Actually, one more curiosity I had was whether the K2 would allow control over the DB4's effects in the way I mentioned above - e.g. program one button on the K2 to launch a specific effect on the DB4 with prescribed parameters. When I first heard the K2 would talk to the DB4 that's what I envisioned although I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement.
For some reason this is exactly what I first envisioned.. i get the sense it wont have that functionality at least at first. I could see it happening someday tho..
Shalon Jaranilla
Originally Posted by mix architekt
i've uploaded a rough pdf that shows the current map. you can check it out here:

http://www.mixarchitekt.com/teknik/MA-K2.pdf

Seems this is a mapping for traktor pro 1 not 2, will there be one available for traktor pro 2 with sample decks?
Danae Dumler
Actually, one more curiosity I had was whether the K2 would allow control over the DB4's effects in the way I mentioned above - e.g. program one button on the K2 to launch a specific effect on the DB4 with prescribed parameters. When I first heard the K2 would talk to the DB4 that's what I envisioned although I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy