(OT) Cycling.....

(OT) Cycling.....
Posted on: 29.06.2011 by Roy Houn
do any of you do it? what style of bike do you have? im in the process of selling my saracen hard tail mountain bike that ive hardly used i must confess and am buying a Felt qx75 hybrid bike to use to get back and too to work...anyone have a felt? im gettin it half the retail price as its the 2010 model which doesnt bother me, its brand new from the shop tho with the usual 12 months guarantee
Augustina Zulu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShbC5yVqOdI
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
Depends who goes with him. Keep us posted on Colorado - we don't get coverage. Well done Levi on Utah.
Wonder how this bodes for Wiggins? It's awful hard to have a team focus on green AND yellow.
Roy Houn
latest pics of my Felt now ive swapped the original 700 x 37c tyres for some Continental Gatorskins 700 x 28c

Lin Danek
Originally Posted by photojojo
I predict less wins for Cav next year.
Depends who goes with him. Keep us posted on Colorado - we don't get coverage. Well done Levi on Utah.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
Cav won the Olympic Road Race trial run and conducted the post-race interview in a 'Sky' cycling top......

I predict less wins for Cav next year.
Leeanna Ayla
Tour of Colorado starts this weekend. Highest altitude race in the world.
Lin Danek
Cav won the Olympic Road Race trial run and conducted the post-race interview in a 'Sky' cycling top......

Alla Bluemke
Whats up crazy chicago bars! Holy hell.
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by neworleansTECH
Hi my name is Mike and I have a bike addiction
Welcome Mike. You need a girlfriend that pushes pedals.
Lin Danek
-The ManxMan has confirmed his team for 2012, but his decision only goes public 'in a few weeks'.
-Phillipe Gilbert is being held to contract to the end of 2012 by Pharma Lotto - his move is on hold.
Predrag Mladenovic
Hi my name is Mike and I have a bike addiction,
current bikeography (I'll show off to yall since my girlfriend does not give a shit)

Intense Uzzi

Eastern Axis

Voodoo Nakisi 29er Monstercross 1x10 strangeness

Mountain Cycle Rumble "the fuck it I'll try that bike"

I also have 2 projects a Black Market Riot Rigid (waiting on spokes) for the ABA BMX tracks and an Intense Tazer VP (waiting on 2012 xt) for Texas, the Uzzi was way to much bike for such a flat state.

Roy Houn
ive done the deal, mines going tomorrow but i have to wqait till maybe next Monday to get the Felt as the guy is busy in the bike shop. He's going to put my cateye computer on it for me and im going to try and get him to throw in a bottle cage too
Nestor Witkowsky
Like everyone else in Japan, I have a Louis Garneau. I cycle to work and back daily (about 5.5k). I have ITBS or some bullshit w/ my knee so right now, that's all I ride unless I need to go somewhere else. I fucking love it - super cheap and about as fast as a taxi in most cases. Problem is most people ignore cyclists so you have to be very assertive. Not everyone understands, "Get that cock out of your eye and move the fuck over!" either. Just sayin'...
Roy Houn
cheers for your advice, really dont know much about bikes so its all grreatly appreciated. I just try to listen to what everyone has to say, i like the look of the felt and if its going to make life easier then its gotta be good for me haha
Leeanna Ayla
The Felt will be faster and if you're not going on trails then probably the better choice for what you want to do.
Roy Houn
tbh, i very much doubt i will ever go out on the trails. I will just about use it for going back and too to work on lol...the felt bike is like got to be half the weight of the mountain bike, and its a
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by paulmac
heres the 2 bikes in question
getting this one

unfortuneately keeping both isnt an option, as im moving house and cant afford too. I will probably hardly use it if im being honest, i never go down mountains or dirt tracks so i suppose i would be better off with the felt hybrid wouldnt i?
Why not just get some slick tires or maybe a new wheel setup for teh mountain bike. That gives you options if you want to ride the mountain bike on trails if you want.
Lashandra Ost
I do a fair bit of cycling on this:

Roy Houn
heres the 2 bikes in question
getting this one
[IMG][/IMG]

and selling this one

[IMG][/IMG]

unfortuneately keeping both isnt an option, as im moving house and cant afford too. I will probably hardly use it if im being honest, i never go down mountains or dirt tracks so i suppose i would be better off with the felt hybrid wouldnt i?
Roy Houn
am i doing the right thing in selling my mountain bike for a hybrid as all i will be doing is cycling on the road back and too to work and maybe own a canal path now n then?
Harley Hendzel
daaaaaaaammmn

i could ride that bike all day.
Margurite Mcnamar
Just sold this one:

So that I could build this:

Specialized S-Works Carbon Enduro frame
2011 Fox 36 Talas 180mm
XTR shifters and derailleurs with Nokon housing
XT brakes and rotors with Goodridge lines
XT Wheels
Easton Havoc carbon bar
Chromag ranger stem
Chromag Moon seat
Command Post
FSA SLK carbon cranks
etc....
Lin Danek
1st road - 3 Cannondales, then ended up on a Cervelo p1 for IronMan. Boxed with a car - the car won. Now doing dirt on a Specialized StumpJumper (hardtail) with Sram X9.

I hope the Schlecks kick Contador's arse.
Alla Bluemke
Here is my stairway.... I used to work in a bike shop, did freeride for a while, then bmx and still bmx, have done that for 10 years, now I race cross bikes and road bikes, I'm a cat 3 road and Cat 3 cross.

Trick Fixie - Custom volume cutter with DH wheels
BMX - Fit Eddie Cleveland frame custom bike with profile wheels etc
Cross Bikes - Fuji Cross Pro with Ultegra, Scott cross pro, cannondale alum bike.
Road Bike - Scott CR1, full carbon with dura
Mountain bike - Scott
Nana Mohs
Flip flop hub, all black single speed track bike. Vilano frame, campy parts. fun as hell

shopping for a new frame for 3 speed road bike for a trailer hauler. also shopping for a single speed cyclocross
Boyd Sankaran
been through a bunch of mountain bikes over the years, but i believe my 05 stumpjumper is probably the most fun out of all of them for the riding that i do these days. threw on a pike, shorter stem, and wide bars and it feels like a mini-dh bike. coincidentally, it's also the bike that my friends want to borrow all the time.

this shot from a few years back is the only one i've got of it right now.
Belen Tallbull
DMR trailstar LT with lotsa nice bits on it. Single speed, hurts goin up that hill but fantastic comin down
Oliver Deurloo
I also have a Specialized Rockhopper I picked up a few years ago...
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Garygary1
I just recently picked up a Felt F5.

Can't wait to start racing, though I have to get into better shape real fast
I don't imagine your racing season is very long in Wisconsin. There used to be a guy from somewhere up that way that used to come down here in the winter and ride with us. Then he went back and kicked ass in the summer.
Leeanna Ayla
I don't believe it would be possible for me to list the bikes I've had in the 34 years that I've been riding/racing. I hung up the racing stuff a about five years ago after getting really burned out though. I still ride my single speed road bike and mountain bike some, but not six days a week like I used to.

Anybody follow the Tour de France? It starts Saturday
Chas Giraldez
I just recently picked up a Felt F5.

Can't wait to start racing, though I have to get into better shape real fast
Harley Hendzel
gone through a couple of bikes over the past 12 years i've been actively biking

99' Norco VP5
03' Cove G-spot
05' Santa Cruz Bullit
05' Specialized big hit
06' Cannondale Chase

my current bike is a Planet X pitbull i use for riding street. i sold my big bikes awhile back.

Marva Cupid
I ride freestyle bmx if that counts but I also do slot of fast downhill and trail riding for Mabel 40-60 km a week.
Breanne Penge
Transition Bottlerocket. Freeride / DH / Slopestyle killer. I live on Vancouver Island and ride the North Shore and Whistler a fair bit each year as well as travel to BC's interior now and then for some new trails.

Here's my steed:

Matt Kane
Originally Posted by Ando
full carbon frame ride prayer?
full steel frame ride prayer! there is this saying: "plastic doesn
Ashley Bernhoft
Originally Posted by earl panda
This is my fixie. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My fixie is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My fixie, without me, is useless. Without my fixie, I am useless. I must ride my fixie true. I must go faster than my enemy who is trying to outdistance me. I must outdistance him before he outdistances me. I will...

My fixie and myself know that what counts in this war is not the miles we ride, the noise of the noise of angry car drivers yelling at us, nor the skitmarks we leave on the streets. We know that it is the final destination that count. We will arrive...

My fixie is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its crankset. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my fixie clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My fixie and myself are the defenders of my streets. We are the masters of my enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until the streets are ours and there is no single car left, but peace!
full carbon frame ride prayer?
Matt Kane
i was riding downhill and freeride for some years. owned a nice chacka fully and a steppenwolf hardtail with a marzzochi shiver upside down.
now i
Julianna Riecken
Started mountain biking this year, trying to get in shape!

Been going Cannock Chase and went Llandegla in Wales a few weeks ago

Got a Specialized Rockhopper 2010, now i want a full suspension though
Roy Houn
wtf?? pmsl
Matt Kane
This is my fixie. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My fixie is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My fixie, without me, is useless. Without my fixie, I am useless. I must ride my fixie true. I must go faster than my enemy who is trying to outdistance me. I must outdistance him before he outdistances me. I will...

My fixie and myself know that what counts in this war is not the miles we ride, the noise of the noise of angry car drivers yelling at us, nor the skitmarks we leave on the streets. We know that it is the final destination that count. We will arrive...

My fixie is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its crankset. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my fixie clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My fixie and myself are the defenders of my streets. We are the masters of my enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until the streets are ours and there is no single car left, but peace!

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy