(OT) Cycling.....

(OT) Cycling.....
Posted on: 29.06.2011 by Roy Houn
do any of you do it? what style of bike do you have? im in the process of selling my saracen hard tail mountain bike that ive hardly used i must confess and am buying a Felt qx75 hybrid bike to use to get back and too to work...anyone have a felt? im gettin it half the retail price as its the 2010 model which doesnt bother me, its brand new from the shop tho with the usual 12 months guarantee
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by oliosky
anyone ride all mountain bikes like the specialized enduro series etc? After riding and racing downhill for years and then scooting around on an xc bike since i got a real job and became an adult I have the bug to get back into the more technical and bumpy stuff...
I have some friends that do, but since we don't have anything remotely like a mountain here they pretty much just ride off really big stuff.
Johnetta Olewine
anyone ride all mountain bikes like the specialized enduro series etc? After riding and racing downhill for years and then scooting around on an xc bike since i got a real job and became an adult I have the bug to get back into the more technical and bumpy stuff...
Margurite Mcnamar
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
I rode a Kona Cinder Cone, Hope Front Suspension, XTR, XT throughout, Hope titanium hubs, tricked out.
Hope suspension? Can't say I've ever seen such a creature...
nayit ruiz jaramillo
I rode a Kona Cinder Cone, Hope Front Suspension, XTR, XT throughout, Hope titanium hubs, tricked out.
Then it got nicked. Gutted.

I used to ride every sunday.

Hope to get back into it one day.

Still have my Specialized Hydro Fork BMX for the summer.
Random X
What can I say, Lieuwke for the win!
Leeanna Ayla
Just got around to watching the final day of Paris-Nice. An exciting time trial is a rare thing indeed, but Wiggins and Westra provided. I bet next time Westra doesn't slow down and wave to the crowd when he comes across before the leader in a stage.
Breanne Penge
Last weekend on Hornby Island...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWuniRdnMKk
Lin Danek
The race references are South African but the message is universal -

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...be&h=dAQC1Ymv3
Leeanna Ayla
Exactly what Andy needs http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/96...nd-Nissan.aspx
Latoria Kavulich
@ Jona your name had ban written all over it. Even if you weren't a spammer i was still gonna ban your ass on priciple.
Lakesha Peleg
I love farm animals.

Lin Danek
Originally Posted by photojojo
I love George, but I was yelling at Tejay to get off the front the last 2K. If George wasn't there he would have just ridden the rest of the guys off his wheel and that's not easy to do with those guys. Hopefully he can hold tomorrow.
Well done George - you're an inspiration.
Leeanna Ayla
I love George, but I was yelling at Tejay to get off the front the last 2K. If George wasn't there he would have just ridden the rest of the guys off his wheel and that's not easy to do with those guys. Hopefully he can hold tomorrow.
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by Blair
Powerslave is pretty awesome. There's a shuttle service that runs 4 days a week at 5:30 from one of the two shops in town which quite often will do drops most of the way up that mountain. It's also a good ride up from town if you're into pedaling at all.
Ick - my bike weighs a bit for that kind of death march...I'm going to look into trying to get a drive as far up as I can then huff it the rest of the way, thanks for the tip
Leeanna Ayla
Not as steep, but longer and a few extra feet. The thing that's going to make the difference is how well you can convert your food to fuel at the altitude. I've ridden that high and you have to take in more fuel than you normally would.
Margurite Mcnamar
Originally Posted by jprime
After that - off to Nelson BC for the long weekend where I would like to ride 'Powerslave' and whatever other local trails I get shuttle :P
Powerslave is pretty awesome. There's a shuttle service that runs 4 days a week at 5:30 from one of the two shops in town which quite often will do drops most of the way up that mountain. It's also a good ride up from town if you're into pedaling at all.
Lin Danek
TV coverage sucks, it keeps freezing and sticking. Ligget said it's because they're already so high the helicopters can't get up high enough to get the signal over the mountains. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.
How would the climbs compare to say AdH or CdT Chris?
Leeanna Ayla
TV coverage sucks, it keeps freezing and sticking. Ligget said it's because they're already so high the helicopters can't get up high enough to get the signal over the mountains. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.
Lin Danek
Well done Levi. Yellow to the homeboys!
Random X
Okay truth is I'm usually the one with the camera so there's none of me.
Exactly why I'm asking.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by tekki
Thanks bro'!

Loving it.

How about the cool poses with your bikes, gentlemen?
I'm usually going to fast for the camera to capture. Okay truth is I'm usually the one with the camera so there's none of me. I'll see what I can do about that.
Random X
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
Damn, that is sooooooooooooo cool Tekki.
Thanks bro'!
Digging that!!!!
Loving it.

How about the cool poses with your bikes, gentlemen?
Lin Danek
Sounds like a Cipo the old block
at least Mario had cool gear
Leeanna Ayla
Just before the first climb - pay your dues ManxMan!
Sounds like a Cipo the old block
Lin Danek
Not surprised by that at all!
Just before the first climb - pay your dues ManxMan!
Leeanna Ayla
Cav has just pulled out of the Vuelta.
Not surprised by that at all!
Leeanna Ayla
Here's me with my Nirve FiftyThree classic.

Digging that!!!!
Lin Danek

Damn, that is sooooooooooooo cool Tekki.
Random X

Breanne Penge
Leaving next week to go on a bit of a bike trip.

First, we're off to Silver Star resort for 4 days of lift access DH/freeride action. I've heard Silver Star is super nice, and comparative to Whistler for its smooth berms and jumps
After that - off to Nelson BC for the long weekend where I would like to ride 'Powerslave' and whatever other local trails I get shuttle :P
Kelowna is the next stop - where I'm hoping to hit Powers creek / Builders Only for a couple days.

Stoked! Pics to follow (I hope)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1S_sgazsWE
Lin Danek
Cav has just pulled out of the Vuelta.
Lin Danek
Full coverage on www.cyclingnews.com Chris. Pre-race interviews just posted.
Lin Danek
Watched the preview of the Tour of Colorado yesterday. This is going to be good. Lots of tour teams, including Cadel and the Schlecks. A couple of local guys that I've ridden with and watched race when they were kids. I wonder how the europeans are going to handle two 12,000 foot passes in one day? Should be good for the American mountain goats.
Sounds good - updates please (or website details) .
Leeanna Ayla
Watched the preview of the Tour of Colorado yesterday. This is going to be good. Lots of tour teams, including Cadel and the Schlecks. A couple of local guys that I've ridden with and watched race when they were kids. I wonder how the europeans are going to handle two 12,000 foot passes in one day? Should be good for the American mountain goats.
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by alexfells
One of my friends is currently cycling from Lands end to John O Groats for cancer research uk. You charitable folk should donate!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=228748233835756
A worthy cause - wildo.
Roselee Jasnoch
One of my friends is currently cycling from Lands end to John O Groats for cancer research uk. You charitable folk should donate!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=228748233835756
Lin Danek
Basso's new WoMD

Check it out on cyclingnews.com Chris - it's a STUNNER.

Lin Danek
Hands down one of the best videos I've seen in a while!! Thanks for posting.
I concur - thought I could ride a bike, but hell no. Thanks Nick.
Augustina Zulu
Here's another older one. The man is an absolute cycling master.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Nick V

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy