(OT) Cycling.....

(OT) Cycling.....
Posted on: 29.06.2011 by Roy Houn
do any of you do it? what style of bike do you have? im in the process of selling my saracen hard tail mountain bike that ive hardly used i must confess and am buying a Felt qx75 hybrid bike to use to get back and too to work...anyone have a felt? im gettin it half the retail price as its the 2010 model which doesnt bother me, its brand new from the shop tho with the usual 12 months guarantee
Leeanna Ayla
Somewhere in the US they voted to legalize up to 1oz of marijuana possession last evening . Not sure where that is, but if prohibition history is any indication the times they are a changing.
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by photojojo
I believe he's clean outside the occasional joint.
Us Ranga's like our herbs.
Leeanna Ayla
I believe he's clean outside the occasional joint.
Lin Danek
I believe so D-K, there is SO much at stake. The UCI would not have promoted him if there was a risk - they can't afford another scandal. Average times & speeds at the TdF this year were slower. Testing at the Olympics is also VERY strict, and the cyclists were targeted in London. But, I have been wrong before.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Thoughts on Bradley? Clean? The times would suggest so and he has always looked sincere to me. I'm no expert in this field but really hope so for the sports sake.
Lin Danek
I feel it's time I come clean as well.
November 2, 2012
Dear friends, family, teammates, fans, sponsors, and creditors:
In the wake of recent events in the world of cycling, I can no longer hide my past. I admit to doping with rhinoceros horn, and PCP. I wanted to use these products because I was driven by unbridled ambition to win at any cost. I took these products between June 1970 and November 2012.
I don't care what anyone believes about my actions and I hope that my confession can help bring positive change to the sport that we all love so much.
VIVA LA SYRINGE!!!!
Feel free to wipe away the guilt you feel by generating your own confession here.
http://sorryidoped.com/
Sincerely,
Chris Jennings
Let down again . Love that link PhoJo. Only got tested once (phew) - try pissing after IronMan
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by Ed Paris
i got my beloved bikes stolen within one week. death to all thieves!
Aahhhhhhh man - condolences Ed. Burn those bastards at the stake.
Leeanna Ayla
I feel it's time I come clean as well.

November 2, 2012

Dear friends, family, teammates, fans, sponsors, and creditors:

In the wake of recent events in the world of cycling, I can no longer hide my past. I admit to doping with rhinoceros horn, and PCP. I wanted to use these products because I was driven by unbridled ambition to win at any cost. I took these products between June 1970 and November 2012.

I don't care what anyone believes about my actions and I hope that my confession can help bring positive change to the sport that we all love so much.

VIVA LA SYRINGE!!!!

Feel free to wipe away the guilt you feel by generating your own confession here.

http://sorryidoped.com/

Sincerely,
Chris Jennings
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
Time to bump this back into the forefront - albeit for all the wrong reasons. One of our top local riders just been slapped with a two year ban after testing positive for EPO. Are lovers of this sport just plain naive for believing in a hero like Lance? Are we allowed to feel cheated?
Here's an interesting read on a cat 3 that turned to doping and got caught.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...and-hgh_232611

Originally Posted by Ed Paris
All of them stolen? That really sucks Ed!!
Matt Kane
Lin Danek
Time to bump this back into the forefront - albeit for all the wrong reasons. One of our top local riders just been slapped with a two year ban after testing positive for EPO. Are lovers of this sport just plain naive for believing in a hero like Lance? Are we allowed to feel cheated?
Matthew Yanagisawa
103.07 dollars per gas litre got me digging out a Trek I dropped at the bike show today for a total tuneup. Cant wait till it's finished to give it a spin
Edwina Fagel
Went for a cruise today.
http://www.sportstracklive.com/track...Cycling/566760
Lin Danek
boo1.jpg

I believe these might just have something to do with it Chris.
Lin Danek
Did you see Paris-Roubaix?
The man is a legend - was spellbound.
Leeanna Ayla
Did you see Paris-Roubaix?
Lin Danek
Tom Boonen is a STUD!!!
1400W on his SRM in the sprint - yes he is.
Leeanna Ayla
Tom Boonen is a STUD!!!
Leeanna Ayla
Have fun!!
Kati Khait
leaving later today to go on a bucket list cycling trip with my dad; death valley! hopefully going for a 110 mile road ride one day and then climbing a 3x00ft mountain (by road). it climbs 3x00ft in only 13 miles so it's gonna be tough!
Breanne Penge
Couple of vids from last summer....

Forbidden Plateau: '2 Sheiks' (that's me in the white )

Hornby Island: 'Yer Mom'

Edwina Fagel
I spent the last summer rolling around the local woods, but there ain't any mountains in Estonia.
With in the tree months I destroyed my cheap mtb bike. Bars bent, went trough two pair of wheels,
shocks aint working and shifting was only working in some phases of moon.
It's a lot of fun to just keep riding around the town and hit it hard, since the love of bmx.
Pop some wheelies, stairs, the opportunities are endless. Heh, I could even do 180s and tabletops on MTB.
Now just trying do grow some strenght and there is a big local MTB series around here so
I hope I can borrow a decent MTB and attend a few races.
Verlene Geevarghese
Yeah I hear you. I'm just 'pulling your chain' a bit. Some of the precise shifting falls on the rider, I just don't believe enough people realize it. And at a certain point, it's mostly just weight! I just got spoiled as a I have a good friend who works at a bike shop that gets me everything pro dealed, which is the only reason why I can splurge for anything more than Tiagra/105.

Do you mountain ride at all? That's my bread and butter, and it doesn't seem as though there are many mtbr's out here! (XC/Freeriding)

I'll snap a piccy, but for the MTB guys here, I'm rolling on a Kona Kula Supreme (Rad Racing Paint), RS Recon, X9 Rear Derailleur, XT Front Derailleur, CrossMax XT Tubeless, Schwalbe Nobby Nic up front, and Racing Ralph in the rear, Salsa Bars and Seat Post, Elixr CR Brakes, Shimano SLX Cranks, and a Cane Creek S3 Headset (This is going for some Chris King soon).
Edwina Fagel
Originally Posted by geminimech
You're going to last longer than that Sora drivetrain will
Its going strong so far after 1200 miles and a few maintences.
Offcourse, the gear change could be a little more precise, but who cares if i could buy a road bike with a carbon fork for 500$.
Even my high-end bmx was more expensive, but the feel of a road bike is awesome.
Verlene Geevarghese

and Finally. I know it's not cycling, but I found it in the heap of RedBull sponsored videos while watching Macaskill kill everything in sight.

Verlene Geevarghese
Originally Posted by vanaema78
Used to have this bmx beast, but now rolling on a cheap Merida road bike with Shimano Sora and training for 85 mile race.
You're going to last longer than that Sora drivetrain will
Leeanna Ayla
Nice, I need new shoes. Well I don't NEED new shows I just want new shoes.
Edwina Fagel

Just got thouse badboys and now waiting for the start of season.
Margurite Mcnamar
Toevening I built a wheel for a friend after work and turned it into a time lapse.
The build was a Mavic 721 on Hope single speed hub using DT Swiss Competition spokes, 12mm brass nipples, and Wheelsmith spoke prep.
Thought some of you might be into checking it out.

Margurite Mcnamar
They've got that whole soul of the bike thing figured out AFAIC.
When you co-engineer your latest road bike with McLaren for custom carbon layup I would have to agree that its going to have some racing soul behind it.

I'm pumped for my new Specialized road bike to show up... even if it isn't anywhere close to being the McLaren one.
Edwina Fagel

Used to have this bmx beast, but now rolling on a cheap Merida road bike with Shimano Sora and training for 85 mile race.
Leeanna Ayla
I worked for Trek/Specialized dealers since before there was a thing as suspension on mountain bikes. I would choose a Specialized mountain bike hands down any day. The competition is closer on road bikes, but I would probably still go with a Specialized between those two. In fact Specialized would be in the serious running if I could pick up any road bike I wanted. They've got that whole soul of the bike thing figured out AFAIC.
Margurite Mcnamar
Ibis Mojo HD is similar but has steeper angles
I haven't dealt with Trek in a while since it has been 4 years since I worked for a Trek dealer.

There are definitely some other options available, but for me the geometry of the Enduro and the overall manufacturing and engineering quality of Specialized products makes it a winner.
Really, what it comes down to is riding them though. You can look at numbers and specs all day and still miss the real soul of a bike.
Johnetta Olewine
Do you know of anything else comparable to the enduros for all mountain stuff? really been out of the scene for a while and all i hear about is specialized. especially with my mates owning and running a specilized premium store...

Stuff like theTrek remedy etc?
Margurite Mcnamar
Most of my rides are endurance rides.... the largest one that I did 3 times last year was 8500 foot vertical over about 70km in 6 hours.

The bike climbs awesome and descends even better. I sold my DH bike to get this one and haven't looked back.
If you want something that still slays riding downhill but is enjoyable riding up then go with the Enduro.
If you want something a bit faster on the way up but not as friendly to plow through rough stuff then you might want to consider a StumpJumper EVO.
I own a stumpjumper as well and it is a super fun bike too.

The riding around here is on average a lot more technical and challenging than most places so an Enduro is perfect and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Johnetta Olewine
man that looks nice. is it actually ok to ride up hill? I remember trail riding on my shortere travel DH bike and it was a fisting.
Margurite Mcnamar

I have an s-works enduro. Hit me up if you have any questions about them.
Johnetta Olewine
Its BC. The rain will put it out.
Leeanna Ayla
Awesome video, except where he didn't disperse his ashes from the fire. I guess I can give him the benefit of the doubt and he just didn't film that.

I used just a tarp last year a few times. It was nice not carrying all that extra weight.
Johnetta Olewine
hahaha yeah fair enough. Not alot of downhill races outta Texas I'm guessing.

Although its not all big hills and drops. This video really gets to the crux of what makes mountain bikes awesome

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy