VCI-100 SE 3_0 Mapping

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100 SE 3_0 MappingReply
VCI-100 SE 3_0 Mapping
Posted on: 26.01.2010 by
This mapping has been updated and is now at version 3_1

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...7468#post97468
Doug Bieling
Originally Posted by flashflooder
The SLICE function has been changed such that the first Slicer FX parameter "Buzz" does not reset since Ean liked the expressiveness of it. Both "Style" and "Pattern" reset to their default values upon hitting the SLICE button.

However, I'm sure if enough people prefer the beta version where Buzz was reset as well, then it could be changed back as it is an easy fix.
Hmmm I believe i like the older way better as it now sounds out of time when used in some sort of way, doesn't seem to go as well. Maybe i just need to play with it a bit more ... I'll do that this weekend and come back to you with my thoughts. Cheers Flashflooder.

PS ... sorry to go on but please take note of my suggestion re the browse and search function ... pleeeeeaaaaassseeee
Mireille Hagert
The SLICE function has been changed such that the first Slicer FX parameter "Buzz" does not reset since Ean liked the expressiveness of it. Both "Style" and "Pattern" reset to their default values upon hitting the SLICE button.

However, I'm sure if enough people prefer the beta version where Buzz was reset as well, then it could be changed back as it is an easy fix.

Think I prefer it the new way myself.
Thomas Fone
The MASH and REVERB functionalities (Shift + SLICE and ECHO, respectively) have been removed.
Was digging the potential here. Why r they gone? R they coming back? Liked Drop and Replay as well. (Why not use the shift to give added functionality to these buttons?) Conflicts?

Can someone please post the tsi for the beta and 3 in a text form so all us os x tweekers can see what is going on and personalize.

thanks
Aprizal Rustarmadi
thanks pilmat....got it sorted... have a good weekend
Corine Kasman
@brianpkelly

Have a look at Ean's original post on the Beta. He gives some details there.

As for the FX. Press FX 1, 2 or 3 then the cue button of the deck that you want to assign it to. Press the Control button until you to get the deck you just assigned and dial on the FX knobs to your heart's content. Note that FX 1, 2 and 3 are different chained FX sets. FX set 4 is the the slicer (or is it the echo, I'm at work and can't remember).

You can re-route the currently controlled FX to any of the other decks by pressing the reroute button and the A, B, C or D button under the FX pots (i.e. reroute + FX wet/dry to put it on deck A).

Lots of dual function in the TSI, but after using the TSI since it came out, it has a really smooth flow to it.

Cheers, Phil.
Aprizal Rustarmadi
im too impatient to wait for a walkthrough video so would someone who has successfully imported this tsi please explain what the fx preset buttons are supposed to do. (i would assume that pressing either preset 1,2,3, or 4 would load a group of 3 effects that work well together into 1 of the 4 effect slots)

but pressing these small buttons doesnt make any changes to the the fx setup in traktors interface. also not sure how to work the fx route button.

looks like all other buttons and knobs have obvious functionality and im getting correct led output to the vci..

thanks!
Doug Bieling
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TAKE NOT OF THIS MEGA SIMPLE SUGGESTION.

Map into the browse buttons the command to jump to search box, it makes soooo much sense i find it hard to believe its not been done before
Leeann Vanbrunt
Your suggestion for adding functionality to be able to change the loop start position has been noted. We will look into it.

If I am understanding you correctly regarding loop size, the ability to change loop length's on the fly is already mapped into the FX knobs section if you hit the "Control FX" button until the "Loops" mode LED is lit. In Loops mode, the knobs will change the loop length and the A/B/C/D buttons below will drop a loop of your set knob length onto the appropriate deck.
yeah? sorry? thats prophably not so easy to get my english, but still, i found that out that fx knobs and buttons are changing the loop length on a fly, i just was never use last 2 knobs for that while i was using previous tsi for(mostly)2 decks mxing.
anyways my suggestion is to make some mapping to move the loops on a fly
i'm pretty sure a lot of vci users like to perfom not just loop length but loop position as well, i know this was provided by using key combo shift+beat jump key,but some times it just slides back or forward by itself and can't stop after using that combination.
So another big question request is how to map vci and keys by myself?
traktor pro has lots of settings about mapping and it's not so easy to figure uot how to make some particular functions to work properly/ for example i can't get how to map function to key combination like shift+..
when i'm tryin to map anything to knob or key +shift comb it maps funktion to that key or knob only, but without holding down shift
what about to make some mapping fo jog wheel + shift for skipping track ore for csrolling tracks at playlist
Merlyn Komula
I still cant get the tsi ?
Elliot Serres
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
any of these work for you guys ?

edit .... the shorter one is pc and the other mac
Nope not working for me.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by pilmat
Bugs:
Mash and Reverb (shift + slice or echo) still don't work. If you try them they screw up the slice and echo. I have to press shift and mash a couple of times so that the slice will work again.
The MASH and REVERB functionalities (Shift + SLICE and ECHO, respectively) have been removed. If you take a look at the jpeg included in the quasi-functional zip file Ean uploaded, you will see that the yellow sub headings for the bottom buttons have all been removed from the new overlays. Hope this clears up any confusion!

Also, thanks for the tip about using shift + slice or echo messing up the regular slice and echo functionalities. I can only replicate it if you try to press slice or echo very quickly after releasing shift (it freezes a modifier) but if I wait for a second it seems to work fine. Will investigate further.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
ps slice doesn't seem to work properly anymore. It doesnt seem to reset the parameters when you engage it. Worked perfectly in beta but not in the new one

Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by ellessaarr
My suggetsion is:
for decks a,b /c ,d - use 3rd and 4th fx knobs with holding down shift button in order to select the loop size for loop moving(FINE size in knob's lowest position and LOOP size in the highest if it's possible) and use buttons C and D under fx knobs to aktivate loop moving mode
in this case if youl'd like to moove some loops you'll just need to sellect custom or preseted loop size with shift, set the knob and push the button. pretty easy and very usefull
this actually may be done for previous tsi files as well
Your suggestion for adding functionality to be able to change the loop start position has been noted. We will look into it.

If I am understanding you correctly regarding loop size, the ability to change loop length's on the fly is already mapped into the FX knobs section if you hit the "Control FX" button until the "Loops" mode LED is lit. In Loops mode, the knobs will change the loop length and the A/B/C/D buttons below will drop a loop of your set knob length onto the appropriate deck.
Corine Kasman
Bugs:
Mash and Reverb (shift + slice or echo) still don't work. If you try them they screw up the slice and echo. I have to press shift and mash a couple of times so that the slice will work again.

@flashflooder
Thanks for the heads-up on the Snap and Quantize. They work as advertised!!!

Cheers, Phil.
Doug Bieling
ps slice doesn't seem to work properly anymore. It doesnt seem to reset the parameters when you engage it. Worked perfectly in beta but not in the new one
Leeann Vanbrunt
Just so you guys know, there are SNAP and QUANTIZE functions built into this TSI it's just not as obvious.

If you hold Shift + Juggle 1-4 it will activate SNAP and Shift + Juggle 5-8 will activate QUANTIZE. The button labels I am referring to are from the new overlays, of which there is a jpeg in the zip file. If you have an older overlay it should make even more sense as "Juggle 1-4" used to be "Snap Beat" and "Juggle 5-8" used to be "Quantize"

I'm working with Ean on fine tuning this tsi so by all means if you have other issues, thoughts or recommendations, please let them be known.
My suggetsion is:
for decks a,b /c ,d - use 3rd and 4th fx knobs with holding down shift button in order to select the loop size for loop moving(FINE size in knob's lowest position and LOOP size in the highest if it's possible) and use buttons C and D under fx knobs to aktivate loop moving mode
in this case if youl'd like to moove some loops you'll just need to sellect custom or preseted loop size with shift, set the knob and push the button. pretty easy and very usefull
this actually may be done for previous tsi files as well
Doug Bieling
any of these work for you guys ?

edit .... the shorter one is pc and the other mac
Donny Gloff
I've tried several times to download the .zip for the 3_0 mapping and every time it downloads a .php file which my computer (iMac) believes is a dreamweaver file.

Can't seem to get the mapping. I have never had this problem in the past.

Help.
Vernon Vanderberg
been using the beta for some time and love the new layout. I will wait till after my gig tomorrow before I dig deep into this one.
Nick Ross
Can't wait to check it out
Harlan Beith
for those having trouble with 1.2.1 might i suggest running the updater and installing 1.2.4
Leeann Vanbrunt
looks interesting and cool to perfome 4 effects at the moment, but there are couple bugs i've found so far:
1 - i haven't found out how to control effect number from the vci
2 - x prests buttons dot responsing much
mu suggestion is to map key controllto filter cut knobs. wouln'd that be great??
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by minimal
Is it me or is there no SNAP & QUANTIZE controls?
Just so you guys know, there are SNAP and QUANTIZE functions built into this TSI it's just not as obvious.

If you hold Shift + Juggle 1-4 it will activate SNAP and Shift + Juggle 5-8 will activate QUANTIZE. The button labels I am referring to are from the new overlays, of which there is a jpeg in the zip file. If you have an older overlay it should make even more sense as "Juggle 1-4" used to be "Snap Beat" and "Juggle 5-8" used to be "Quantize"

I'm working with Ean on fine tuning this tsi so by all means if you have other issues, thoughts or recommendations, please let them be known.
Aprizal Rustarmadi
well i got the tsi to import without incident. maybe i need a walkthrough video but some features on the 3.0 overlay are absent from this file. not sure what the four small fx presets are supposed to do but i cant get them load or do anything. also holding shift and pressing the new echo and slicer buttons doesnt seem to activate mash or reverb on any deck... i know its a work in progress and i appreciate all the effort that goes into "perfecting" these files!
Christie Husic
I'm just received my new VCI se arcade 3.0 overlay.
So exited to try it, but the TSI do not work, like a lot of user.
I'm using traktor 1.2.1(R7692) on mac os 10.5.8
I can't try my new controller
Wilton Schelter
I'm on 1.2.1. Will try and download it on another browser or even computer.
Corine Kasman
Originally Posted by minimal
You are right, I followed someone's suggestion to make shortcut keys on my keyboard.

Originally Posted by Drix
Can't wait for the new walkthrough video! Won't use this mapping til I get the new overlays, but it looks great from the picture.
Don't be chicken! I too am waiting on the overlay, but I just wrote the names of the buttons right on the VCI with a fine tip marker (ripped the factory plates off too, it is soooo ghetto). If you have a black, either use a white marker or masking tape with the button name written on. Take a picture of your controller when you are done, it will be a great keepsake in a few months. LOL

Phil.
Doug Bieling
Try downloading through a different browser or something. The zip isnt corrupt as i am a windows user and managed to download and install with no issues.

I'm using XP and browser was prob firefox that i used.
Jacki Margritz
Can't wait for the new walkthrough video! Won't use this mapping til I get the new overlays, but it looks great from the picture.
Ozell Cataldo
Originally Posted by DJMOO
When I import the new tsi, midi box is unselected. After import is complete the controller settings is blank. shouldn't the midi section be selected? I am unable to select it. Can someone who has successfully imported the file email it to me? Thanks
+1 on Mac os 10.6.2. unzipped fine just don
Merlyn Komula
Originally Posted by Zod
It's not an issue of which version of Traktor. The zip file is corrupted. The file size shows as 196k on the community post, and when I pull it down its only 177k. The zip file won't open.
That is exactly the problem! Hopefully Ean rezippes the file!

SS
Jeannette Heads
Originally Posted by EanGolden
trying to figure out why this is working for some people and not others- can you please tell me which version of traktor you are running if you cant open the file?
It's not an issue of which version of Traktor. The zip file is corrupted. The file size shows as 196k on the community post, and when I pull it down its only 177k. The zip file won't open.
France Norwich
Having the same problem with the corrupted file... WinZIP can't even open it...
Suzanna Paddock
Merlyn Komula
Ean instead of zipping the tsi post it as a file! The zip file that you made is corrupted!!!

And it seems as though MAC users are the only ones who are getting this to work!

SS
Aprizal Rustarmadi
no problems when imported into traktor 1.2.4 under snow leopard
Corine Kasman
Originally Posted by DJMOO
TPro 1.2.1 on Snow Leopard
You need 1.2.3 or 1.2.4.

Had the same problem with an Oxygen 8 v2 TSI.

Later, Phil.
Merlyn Komula
I would really like to check out the final version but as stated before

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...t=10733&page=2

this is what I get!

SS
Britteny Fondacaro
TPro 1.2.1 on Snow Leopard
Merlyn Komula
I am running TPRO 1.2.4 on windows vista!

SS

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy