MF3D Launcher - Advanced Ableton Mapping (script)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF3D Launcher - Advanced Ableton Mapping (script)Reply
MF3D Launcher - Advanced Ableton Mapping (script)
Posted on: 26.08.2012 by Brendan Andrascik
Hello everybody,
I've put together this script to thank DJTT for the Midi Fighter 3D they gave me as a prize for the previous video competition entry; and give you guys something cool and useful. This script is packed with features like global controls, tempo controls, launching stopping clips, track controls, drum rack and little stuff like master VU meter and blinking metronome. Its based on my previous script for the MF Pro.

More precisely it consits of 4 pages.
Page 1: is the General control page and consists of tempo controls, global play, stop and record and the controls to move around the "red box"
Page 2: is the Clip control page, you have a 4x3 grid and the top row is the stop button for each track.
Page 3: is the Track control page. Each row corresponds to one of the rows inside of the red box. And it consits of Track select, Mut, Arm and Solo.
Page 4: is the Drum Rack page. It plays the highlighted 4x4 grid in the drum rack. Make sure that the drum track is Armed and the Track input is On in the Midi preferences page.

Also the tilt Left|Right|Front|Back messages get automatically mapped to the first effect device of the selected track.

Please let me know if you find this useful or have any suggestions or requests!
A lot of this code was inspired by and "borrowed" from Hanz Petrov, Will Marshall and the Livid Framework. Without them this wouldn't exist.

Here is a video tutorial (currently upload in process)

and mapping diagrams

download: http://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/664
4x4 grid edit: http://tomashg.com/MF3D_Launcher_4x4.rar
Caprice Amigh
Hey I was wondering...

Since I can map up to 8 effects on the effect racks, but I can only control 4 motion parameters... would it be posibble to set up a side button as a gate to be able to control 4 effects as normal, plus the other 4 effects when the side gate button is pressed? or perhaps, a side gate button to switch between 2 different effect racks, each containing a set of 4 different effects?

If anyonelse has come up with a different way of controling more than 4 effects per track in any other way, I
Caprice Amigh
Originally Posted by ghztomash
To disable the automapping open up the MIDI_Map.py and set all the PARAMCONTROL values to -1. That should do the trick
Oh snap, I never saw that dude! Cheers mash.

Now I
Caprice Amigh
Hey I was wondering...

Since I can map up to 8 effects on the effect racks, but I can only control 4 motion parameters... would it be posibble to set up a side button as a gate to be able to control 4 effects as normal, plus the other 4 effects when the side gate button is pressed? or perhaps, a side gate button to switch between 2 different effect racks, each containing a set of 4 different effects?

If anyonelse has come up with a different way of controling more than 4 effects per track in any other way, I
Caprice Amigh
To disable the automapping open up the MIDI_Map.py and set all the PARAMCONTROL values to -1. That should do the trick

Now I
Caprice Amigh
Hey I was wondering...

Caprice Amigh

Now I
Caprice Amigh
Hey I was wondering...

Caprice Amigh

Now I
Caprice Amigh
Hey I was wondering...

Caprice Amigh

Now I
Nyla Tonn
im looking for a way to modificate the mapping to eliminate the first and the 3rd bank. Do not need the transport and track layers. Just need 1 clip-launch page, and the rest should be 3 Octaves of a Drum Rack as default. any ideas?
I'm unfortunately not into programming at all, just a musician...
Caprice Amigh
Hey I was wondering...

Caprice Amigh

Now I
Randell Koper
This script stretches out across 4 banks on the MF3D, I haven't checked the Spectra, but if there is a way to switch between 4 banks you should be able to get it working. Or else you will just have the first page working..
yes it has, with the side buttons.

Also, have you tested it in live 9?
Brendan Andrascik
Originally Posted by login
Hi, I was wondering if this script can work for the MF spectra?
This script stretches out across 4 banks on the MF3D, I haven't checked the Spectra, but if there is a way to switch between 4 banks you should be able to get it working. Or else you will just have the first page working..
Brendan Andrascik
Originally Posted by Chico Valencia
Dude I
Caprice Amigh
Great video you've got there Chico! You've don an amazing job.
Thanks man! I appreciate that...

I believe you could just MIDI Learn the Forward tilt to the Feedback parameter, this should disable the Forward tilt from auto mapping and remain locked on the Feedback parameter while the rest will continue auto mapping as usual. Also if you put your devices in racks and map the macro knobs to the parameters you want its a lot easier with the automap function as it maps the first 4 parameters. You can easily arrange them by remapping the macro knobs.
Dude I
Caprice Amigh
Hey Tomash, care to help me editing the mapping please?

Basically right now, when I load an effect to a channel or any of my clips (say Ping Pong Delay), and I want to control just one parameter with one of the tilts (say Feedback / Forward), the rest of the parameters within the effect get automatically mapped to the other tilts (Beat Division / Backwards, Bandpass filter / Left, etc).

Not sure if this is the way it was intended but it isn
Caprice Amigh
Hey I was wondering...

Caprice Amigh

Now I
Yuette Shike
hi ghztomash
i can't use your setup in live 9 beta...i don't understand because scripts don't work,,,maybe is a live 9 problem???
Brendan Andrascik
You will have to remove some of the already mapped functionality of the side buttons then.. But if the MIDI values are the same as the MF3D it should totally work, If you manage to get it working let me know!

No I haven't had the chance to test Live 9 yet..

Thanks a lot! That definitely looks like something worth taking a look at!
Randell Koper
BY the way, someone got the F1 working with Live and sending RGB feedback, https://github.com/trash80/AbletonTraktorKontrolF1

SO maybe look in to that script to see check what the problem was with the implementation you were working with the MF.
Randell Koper
yes it has, with the side buttons.

Also, have you tested it in live 9?
Brendan Andrascik
Originally Posted by login
Brendan Andrascik
Dude I
Randell Koper
Caprice Amigh
Thanks man! I appreciate that...

I believe you could just MIDI Learn the Forward tilt to the Feedback parameter, this should disable the Forward tilt from auto mapping and remain locked on the Feedback parameter while the rest will continue auto mapping as usual. Also if you put your devices in racks and map the macro knobs to the parameters you want its a lot easier with the automap function as it maps the first 4 parameters. You can easily arrange them by remapping the macro knobs.
Dude I
Brendan Andrascik
Hey everybody,
My apologies for the late reply.

As for your edit I believe you could just MIDI Learn the Forward tilt to the Feedback parameter, this should disable the Forward tilt from auto mapping and remain locked on the Feedback parameter while the rest will continue auto mapping as usual. Also if you put your devices in racks and map the macro knobs to the parameters you want its a lot easier with the automap function as it maps the first 4 parameters. You can easily arrange them by remapping the macro knobs.

Unfortunately I don't have much time to make a video on editing the scripts, but this will help a lot anyone interested, this is basically from where I got started. http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/

Pierre, as I mentioned in my email, this is not a DJ template but just a mapping script. So you can use it with any project or available template.
Caprice Amigh
Hey Tomash, care to help me editing the mapping please?

Basically right now, when I load an effect to a channel or any of my clips (say Ping Pong Delay), and I want to control just one parameter with one of the tilts (say Feedback / Forward), the rest of the parameters within the effect get automatically mapped to the other tilts (Beat Division / Backwards, Bandpass filter / Left, etc).

Not sure if this is the way it was intended but it isn
Myrtice Crumback
Hi guys,
I was wondering if there is an als file for this template. I can't seem to launch the same session setup that Tomash has. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks.
Eura Hollifield
is there any way you could post a video for people who are pretty new to all this and dont know how to edit mappings for their own sound? i would love you forever.
Adolf Hit
Hey guys -some really cool stuff here.

I just wanted to touch base and advise that the upcoming firmware/utility update will allow you to set the side buttons and tilt messages to also be banked. This should make Ableton mapping/templates much easier to develop for you.

This will not be the default behavior, but just look for a new check box in the settings
Caprice Amigh
Would love to see a performance video!
Here you go man, I
Brendan Andrascik
Hey thanks a lot for your suggestion.
Oh my, yeah I
Caprice Amigh
Hey Chico! Not bad idea if understood correctly, but unfortunately the tilt messages are independent of the banks, they send the same CC message no matter in what bank you are, what I believe you could do is make some effect racks with a chain selector or something, and map that to the bank buttons. (or use the side buttons for that)
Hey thanks a lot for your suggestion.
Oh my, yeah I
Brendan Andrascik
Oh, I got another suggestion if that
Caprice Amigh
Oh, I got another suggestion if that
Caprice Amigh
I actually started working on this idea
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=63166

You
Brendan Andrascik
Would it be a way of making the clip colours on bank 2, to match the colours of the actual clips in Live?
I actually started working on this idea
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=63166

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy