Midi Fighter 3D Feature Requests

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter 3D Feature RequestsReply
Midi Fighter 3D Feature Requests
Posted on: 13.05.2012 by Adolf Hit
Please use this thread to post feature requests for the MF3D firmware and utility, I will either approve it, in which case I will add it to the list in this post, or otherwise I can explain why we dont want to add your request.

This thread will be moderated to keep it on topic and concise!

For the next release

- Invert feature to allow the midi fighter 3D to be used with the cable orientated on the back

History

Added in 2.1

1) Ability to tweak tilt/rotation sensitivity, dead zone, and range.

2) Mode where tilt messages are reduced to one CC for fowards/back and one for left right.

3) Ability to set timer for and disable rainbow sleep animation
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by midifidler
I will add an invert function to the next release
Thanks!
Mike
Awesome. This is why you guys rock.
Adolf Hit
I will add an invert function to the next release
Thanks!
Mike
Werner Bile
While rearranging all my gear today I decided the single feature I most want out of the MF3D is something in the utility that would allow me to invert all the controls. I far prefer having the cord come out the top of the device, as it's normal location constantly gets in the way. Of course, I can do this myself by remapping everything to the opposite buttons, but that takes a long time to do. Any chance this could fit into the next update?
Brittany Rollag
Originally Posted by jibberish
I probably just need to google this or read the manual - but I would like the ability to switch the lights off or turn the unit off without unplugging the USB cable (repeatedly doing this will weaken the connection I believe). I'm using the MF3D with the MF3D DeckGratMotion from flashflooder. When I close Traktor, I invariably still have lights on on the MF3D and it would be nice to be able to switch them off
yes this would be a nice feature!
Domonique Salmeri
I probably just need to google this or read the manual - but I would like the ability to switch the lights off or turn the unit off without unplugging the USB cable (repeatedly doing this will weaken the connection I believe). I'm using the MF3D with the MF3D DeckGratMotion from flashflooder. When I close Traktor, I invariably still have lights on on the MF3D and it would be nice to be able to switch them off
Wilburn Reitzer
Hm, I believe I understand, this is presuming one is using this with greater weight as a visual accent to a performance while the control aspect is still primary. Don't get me wrong, the visual options are really icing on the cake, but in my case i'm only using the lighting to color code functions/instruments in Live and since I know the control axis work, visual feedback isn't really necessary (again, in my case, not speaking for everyone here).

Anyways good to hear you have that rigged, hope to see it in a future version and thanks again for your consideration.
easy,
b
Adolf Hit
Hi Hungary Irishman,

The reason that the USB connector is on the front is to allow you to tilt it towards the audience without starting to hit the USB cable, which will happen when you tilt it backwards.

I have mocked up code which allows the grid rotation so I will likely add this in at some point in the future
Wilburn Reitzer
hello all,
at first this may sound like a simple mapping request but it would be a general setting request for the loader utility. I could not find this elsewhere in the community either but if I missed it sorry in advance...

For those of us who use this MF3D, or any MF for that matter, a setting that would allow one to "rotate" the 16-button grid orientation of ANY mapping 180 degrees with respect to the standard button (default appears to have the USB plug facing the user) configuration. I'd also say throw in swapping the order of the bank buttons from left to right so while across the "top" 1-2-3-4 --> 4-3-2-1 when the bank buttons are across the "bottom". The latter request is more of a tertiary one but would be an added convenience in my view and just add a complete rotation of the front face.

Why all this you ask?

As an Ableton user and possibly a little lazy since I like the fact that I can automatically use the buttons to trigger general midi notes without having to load anything to the MF3D, I noticed that by default, especially for the drum kits, the USB plug is expected to face the user. To me, this seems unnatural and begs the question why this is the default config with no template applied? When I do map to this, I will of course always take that into consideration but a quick switch option would be wicked easy to employ I'd imagine and literally translates to having the USB plug towards or away from you as a preference with the button matrix/bank buttons following suit. I have a hard time believing I am the first one to mention this across all of these devices, no?

That's my meager request but I must add that this thing blows my mind every damn time i pick it up and if I must I'll make my own default template I will cause I can't really say a single bad thing about the piece of kit itself, thanks for your time.
Adolf Hit
Yes there will be a bug fix for the sleep mode soon - it will also enable you to disable sleep mode using the utility.
Olinda Jentsch
Originally Posted by karistouf
Hi there.
-the sleeping mode of the MF3D with its leds warming nicely. I would like to have a a disable mode in the MF utility. Especially if my gyros are affected to lights.
Yes please! Having the MF3D go into sleep mode can foul up Traktor.
Charleen Ketchen
Right on !! Thanks Sir! Throw some wireless in and you got the most Diverse piece of gear there is!! (like it's not already)! Cheers
Adolf Hit
Hey Preajekt,

You can export all settings including the color information, if you do this for each piece of software you can then use these files to quickly reconfigure the device for whatever you are currently using.
Charleen Ketchen
After having mine for a bit, I love it!! But I find sometimes the cord gets in the way, my "Request" that I have not seen on here is; Could the MF3D be wireless? And also maybe different "Color Banks" for Ableton/Serato/Traktor so you can have certain patterns of lights per DAW/Software ? I bounce back & forth between Serato & Ableton, I find the colors I have setup through me off when in the one not assigned to the colors.
Jacquiline Dua
looking forward to more Ableton stuff.. I will use the MF3d for something else until the lights can toggle from on state to off state. Im not sure how the MF Utility is going to evolve, righ now its nice and simple and easy to use. I would suggest a another tab for handling per button editing. Almost a clone of the color arranging screen. Automap does this pretty well using the same layout as the controller.. very comfortable and stream lined.

Great work so far with everything, Im really happy and suprized at the cheap price. I almost would get a second one of these once there is more control over how the lights reflect on and off
Adolf Hit
Hey Frogstar,

I need to look into deeper Ableton support, for example it would be great to have clip colors appear on the MF3D, and for the 3D to have the red box navigation functions. This will come once we finish the remix deck updates
Jacquiline Dua
yeah weltraumpapst has the answer

Traktor just change the interaction mode to toggle, or if you are using Ableton just map to the note rather than the CC
Ah ... not sure what you mean exactly by mapping to the note, but Ill try looking it up. What im trying to do is basically have different MIDI channel be toggled on and off. Im using a Blofeld hardware synth and want to disable or enable the input for 16 different parts. Im using a Vestax pad one to trigger the parts.. and I want to be able to quickly choose which ones should trigger. The MF 3d is really the ultimate way of doing this because of the color coding.

-Edit Ok, figured out that I need to hold the button down and then leave Midi map mode.. Works perfectly.. The only thing Im wondering is how to keep the buttons state on the MF 3d to reflect this. I was hoping that by seeing if the toggled state remained I could visually see what is toggled without having to look at the screen. Before the MF3d I was using a zero mk2 SL from novation with automap, and the button would be lit or unlit depending on the toggled state.

Is this something that could be implemented in the future? Some sort of way for the light to be on or off. I understand for people wanting to play notes and not needing this kind of visual feedback. But for knowing if something is on or off for this kind of function it would be logical to see from the controller. Again this would be in Ableton, not Traktor
Adolf Hit
yeah weltraumpapst has the answer

Traktor just change the interaction mode to toggle, or if you are using Ableton just map to the note rather than the CC
robin loo
Originally Posted by djfrogstar
Is it possible to have the buttons toggle? Im wanting to use the regualr arcade buttons to toggle things on and off.. Right now I can only get it to momentary have something pressed
if you are on traktor it's just a command inside the mapping.
Jacquiline Dua
Is it possible to have the buttons toggle? Im wanting to use the regualr arcade buttons to toggle things on and off.. Right now I can only get it to momentary have something pressed
Adolf Hit
Great well this is not an official announcement but the remix deck firmware should be ready in about 2 weeks, we are redesigning the interface of the utility at the same time so it kinda depends on how long that takes.
robin loo
@Weltraumpapst

I've been believeing about this a bit more and I believe the way I will do it is make it so the user can use the utility to select one of the side buttons as being a control to toggle between remix mode and normal mode using the utility. That will enable remix control to be easily used along side any existing user mapping.

Does that sound good to you?
that sound awesome!!
Adolf Hit
@Weltraumpapst

I've been believeing about this a bit more and I believe the way I will do it is make it so the user can use the utility to select one of the side buttons as being a control to toggle between remix mode and normal mode using the utility. That will enable remix control to be easily used along side any existing user mapping.

Does that sound good to you?
robin loo
@weltraumpapst

Thanks for you suggestion, ill keep it in mind, one issue is that the F1's are set as 1 deck controllers, the only way to switch decks is to unplug the unit and connect it again.

So if I did add the ability to make certain banks remix (HID) and other banks MIDI the HID banks would all control the same remix deck.

I can say at this stage the device will still send all the usual midi commands, but you will have the capability of assigning most of the F1 HID functions to any of the buttons as well by using the MF utility.
that sounds good.. even controlling one remix deck via one bank and have the other 3 banks control whatever you want via midi would be awesome..
Adolf Hit
@evening coretex

This would be pretty time consuming to implement in a manner which is intuitive to al users so that is unlikely to happen unfortunately, its a cool idea though!

@weltraumpapst

Thanks for you suggestion, ill keep it in mind, one issue is that the F1's are set as 1 deck controllers, the only way to switch decks is to unplug the unit and connect it again.

So if I did add the ability to make certain banks remix (HID) and other banks MIDI the HID banks would all control the same remix deck.

I can say at this stage the device will still send all the usual midi commands, but you will have the capability of assigning most of the F1 HID functions to any of the buttons as well by using the MF utility.
robin loo
would it be possible - when the hid mode for the remix decks comes out - to have a half midi half hid mode where e.g. bank 3&4 are for the remix decks and 1&2 for the MF3D IG mapping?!
Penelope Udave
Just a suggestion, and possibly not a very urgent one, but it would be nice to have a section of the midi fighter utility that allows programming various light patterns on a MF3D. I've done it manually by creating the required midi clips to produce particular effects, but it's rather tedious, time-consuming, and counter-intuitive. Something similar to the section that controls active/inactive colors, but with options for the various animations as well...?
Margit Leider
Hi there.
I have performed those two days with MF3D and Lighting .

I had a couple of bug reports, and a couple of suggestions or subject to talk about.

What is not ok:

-the sleeping mode of the MF3D with its leds warming nicely. I would like to have a a disable mode in the MF utility. Especially if my gyros are affected to lights.

-flashing the MF3D from the MF utility . i had 2 times a strange behaviour ( im windows): - updating by two quick clicks, creates a bug: the MF3D is not uploaded, it appears in my device list, but cant be connected: the USB port is blocked and not freed.

- manipulations:
1. creating the error by updating device with a double click, or two quick clicks ( 1st update not finished -> its where there is something to do ;-))
2. quitting the mf utility
3. opening the software using it
4. the MF3D can be seen in the devices list, but cant be connected
5. closing third party software, opening MF utility : it says there is no MF3D connected.
6. To try to solve this, i disconnected my MF3D usb cable, then reconnected 5 seconds after. Still same troubles. opening MF utility : it says there is no MF3D connected.
7. To solve this i had to change form usb port.
8. It was recognized, and so i could update correctly MF3D.

So There is something on this bug with USB port and updating...

Suggestions or things i would really like to have:

Gyros UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT:
I would like to balance one CC from left and right angling manipulation. Actually its 2 CC, i would like to enable a special mode to render 1 CC.
There is a dead point (for stability needs) that is really big. would that be possible to define the 0
Margit Leider
Asking for combo creation from mf utility:

If i want to create personnal combos, i would like to set them from utility exe.
Margit Leider
hi
i m new to mf3D. Just tried it today with some spotlights. and its really convincing. Its a great tool you have created

the CC rotary function is simply fantastick. it beats any other controller about it smoothness, precision and intuitiv way.

I have a couple of suggestions, and please dont care about it if those topics where already treated:

- it would be great to obtain such quality of control than with the rotary function, but for the Chan 4 function: tilt down up, and side left side right.
The data is really to much sensitiv, and some damping algorythm behind would be great.

- other thing, for softwares with midi learn function and quick live affectation, its quite difficult to assign the good signal in the bundle of informations coming. If i turn a rotary and i m not on a plane, i will have tilt functions appearing . Sometimes assignation is done on the fly while performing.
So, I would like to have a combo like 3 button pressed= MUTE tilt-side and left-right side sending, this to enable a simple and quick midi learn on the fly with any software.

- Absolute Relativ function: would be great to enable disable this mode it by another Combo, as for certain controls i need both function on same device.

voil
robert chanda
Don't go down the "change the MIDI channel" route, instead offer the ability to change the USB-MIDI "cable number" instead.

A graphic of the "Ableton Mode/ Traktor Mode" in the editor to help people see the difference.

Visual editor for the dead zones, second-CC on and off points, and note positions with draggable handles.

Guess note-on velocity using the accelerometer. Even just 4 levels of velocity would be good. Requires a fast timer and a short sample buffer for each hit.

A mode in the editor that writes out the MIDI notes and CCs that are being activated in real-time, superimposed over a picture of the device. Make the MIDI messages conctrete in people's minds.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy