[Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R Ultimate tool

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: [Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R Ultimate toolReply
[Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R Ultimate tool
Posted on: 10.03.2013 by Kellie Myrum
Welcome all,

Here is a Livid Instruments CNTRL:R mapping I've been working on and I'm glad I can share it with everybody. If you missed a chance to check my first CNTRL'R Traktor tool go ahead and visit my other thread here:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=64614

This new mapping is also based on Double Deck Focus which gives you ability to have control aver any of four decks at both sides of the controller using shift button to enable deck selectors. Aside that, you'll find fifteen banks of controls that toggles 4x4 pad grid, push encoders and four faders in right for different functions. This mapping is divided in to sections as well so look the image to get idea behind mapping.

Download: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1260

Importing and engaging:

In difference regards to my first tool which uses ch1 I've created this mapping in MIDI channel 5. Reason I did this is to increase possibility for CNTRL:R to be compact in setup with other controllers which are designed to send massages in one of first four channels by default (flat mappings). The MIDI ch can be easily changed using CNTRL:R editor:

Download or use online editor here: http://lividinstruments.com/support_downloads.php

While importing make sure to use IMPORT button at the bottom of preferences window and make sure to do it twice so list of effects can be imported in order with mapping preference along with controller mappings. Once the mapping is imported note that you'll see fifteen pads lite WHITE (bank selectors) and three buttons are lite in RED - those are your shift buttons.

Double deck focus:

Shift buttons are presented in RED. Press them and four buttons above shift will lite up in white suggesting you to press any of those and select which deck you wish to control on each of focuses, release shift and focus selector (white) will go out leaving those same buttons for transport controls for deck that is currently selected. Note that this focuses got nothing to do with Traktor's deck focus selector and this are created out of modifiers.

15 bank selection:

In my first mapping for CNTRL:R this pads were dedicated for hotcues and I thought this pads would be more cool to be used for banking. There is also a shift button in this section because many of banks are double layered. If you check the first image in this post you'll notice that upper bank row is related with effects and bottom row is all about decks and mixer.

1st deck bank - grid preparation tool:

This is where all grid related functions are. While holding bank's shift upper 4x4 pad's matrix row will display deck focus selector where you pick any of four decks you wish to use beat griding for.

2nd deck bank - browsing tracks and loop recorder:

This bank is taken from my first CNTRL:R mapping. This is where your headphone buttons are and main idea was to find a track and cue it up all from this bank. Seek position is here as well.

3rd deck bank - beatjumps:

This bank is based on deck focus selector where you hold shift to access deck buttons. Here you got -/+ 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 beats jump. I like to use this feature in association with flux mode to kinda remix parts of the track on a fly. While this bank is activated all the push encoders are mapped to control FX units so that way any of effects can be applied on top of beat jumping.

4th deck bank - X fader, EQ adjust and kill:

Upper 4x4 pad's row is mapped to directly access certain positions of ' left | center | right 'and the button in right is assigned for autofade to left (holding shift autofades to right). Next row on down is designed for cutting to each of sides and two rows in bottom are crossfader deck assignments. First fader on right is a crossfader itself and other three faders are clear for further mappings. Since the leak of EQ kill buttons in my first CNTRL:R tool I did include that feature in this mapping and you got it here in this bank and it's mapped to push encoders.

5th deck bank - basic transport controls, pan, key and filters:

This is a bank for all those who aren't comfort with my double deck focuses and here you'll find not all but the most of transport controls all in one page and for all four decks. There is also a second layer via shift button where besides master deck and loop set you can set loop in and out points as well. Since the leak of balance, key adjust and filter on/off button I managed to include it all here

Faders in right are mapped for tempo adjust (hold shift and move reset tempo to center).

6th deck bank - Remix deck functionality:

This bank was originally left blank for NI to unlock remix deck mappings. Now when that have come truth I've made an update to mapping. Please check out post #34 in this thread for all details

7th deck bank - hotcues acess:

In this bank the pad matrix is connected to double deck focus where upper eight pads display left and bottom eight pads display htcues for any of decks that s selected in focus on right. Main idea behind this options is to access both deck hotcues for tight transitions and advanced cue juggling. Deleting cues is here too and that can be done via deck focus shift buttons (each side it's) and not by using shift button related to banks. All the encoders and faders in rifht are mapped for FX units, look image:

1st FX bank - four FX units and unit deck assignments:

All the basic effect controls are here and they are mapped for push encoders and dry/wet are at faders on right (same as beatjumps and hotcue deck banks). Long story short - the image explains it all.

And shift state here:

2nd FX bank - INSTANT gratification effects:

These are mapped for pre-selected effects from DJTT midifighter mapping. Upper pads row controls unit deck assignment and it's easy to use - just hit any of pads and all four units will become assigned to that deck leaving other three decks disengaged. There are three supercombos which are color coded in the image below. When any of effects are engaged you will notice a corresponding LED is lite up next to push encoder suggesting you to use it if you wish to manually adjust the effect parameter. I didn't include it in this image but there are some smart knobs in right mapped for effects.

3rd FX bank - INSTANT gratification 2:

This bank keeps popular Beatmasher combo button row and echo-out with addition of some other effects to it. Encoders are mapped for related pad triggers so you can easily modulate effect after engaging as well as in previous IG bank. Reverb T3 effect also gets to freeze if you hit echo out button while Reverb is hold first - hitting any of this two buttons deactivates it. And again, some fancy smart knobs included

4th FX bank - INSTANT gratification 3 and Beatslicer mode:

Loving this bank! When I start mapping this bank my main idea was to map all pads for various Beatslicer parameters but, there's always but, then I figured out that it would te nice to aplly some of color sound based effects to track and then hit REC button (labeled red) to record a four beat loop along with any of effects which are previously engaged. Once the Slicer is on (REC) all pads will turn in red changing pad controls for color effects in to slice loop parameters. Push encoders are mapped for manipulating parameters same as all IG banks.

And For Slicer mode:

5th FX bank - build and brake/releace effects:

In this bank there are eight different presets that loads a various combos of effects - three FXs in unit 2 and one effect in unit 4. Pressing any of this eight pads will directly engage all related effects and set both dry/wet levels to 0% and last two faders in right are maped for wet/dry signal and unit 4 effect rate. What's important to say is that dry/wet fader should be in down position before switching to other preset in this bank in order for build to be efectively used. I'm not gonna say which effects are loaded in each preset - that's up to you to explore

The bottom pad row is mapped for brake effects - two laser outs, TTFX and transpose. This effects are meant to be dropped on top of builds! There is a trick with this pad row... While color is cyan this effects will act normaly as usual, but there is a release effect mode (aka rmx1000) mapped in those as well. To switch between brake and release mode just hold bank's shift and hit 5th FX bank button and all the pads will switch from cyan to red. While releases are ON any time brakes are hit all the build effect will automatically shut down.

Forum let me post up to 10k characters in one post so continue reading in next post
Destiny Livers
Yay! This is amazing. Loving the extra effects over the last mapping you made (which was great by the way...)

One thing I'm wondering about is functionality for the remix decks. In the last mapping the hotcue buttons were replaced with one-shot / loop-launch buttons for a remix deck. This mapping doesn't seem to do that (unless I'm missing something?)

Honestly though great work! I'm wondering why anyone would want to use anything other than a cntrlr with this mapping out there...
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by edeoldi
I'm sure you have this on your todo list, however in your previous thread it was the videos you made, which enabled me to understand the concept of the isolator FX and other features of the mapping. I would really appreciate a demo video of this mapping!
I will look into that! Let me know what you believe when you have chance to test this mapping out.
Dick Korus
Originally Posted by edeoldi
Wow.
Not much more to say than this, but i'll say it again: WOW!
I read through your documentation and I am simply blown away by your mapping.
It is safe to say that I only understood half of what your mapping is actually capable off, but I dont have a CNTRL:R to try it out right away.
I will try to adapt some of your ideas into a (probably less comprehensive) mapping for 1 (or 2) Xone K2 controllers.
I'm sure you have this on your todo list, however in your previous thread it was the videos you made, which enabled me to understand the concept of the isolator FX and other features of the mapping. I would really appreciate a demo video of this mapping!
Thanks so much for all the hard work!
I would love to see this mapped for one (or 2) xone k2 controllers
Johnsie Zike
Wow.
Not much more to say than this, but i'll say it again: WOW!
I read through your documentation and I am simply blown away by your mapping.
It is safe to say that I only understood half of what your mapping is actually capable off, but I dont have a CNTRL:R to try it out right away.
I will try to adapt some of your ideas into a (probably less comprehensive) mapping for 1 (or 2) Xone K2 controllers.
Thanks so much for all the hard work!
Kellie Myrum
Welcome back,

6th FX bank - CUE MASTER

This bank is inspired by midifighter pro and it's designed for hotcue juggling and playing with effects. First pad row not just selects FX units for desired deck but alde switches deck focus selector for that very same deck because all the eight hotcues in this bank are assigned to swap along with Traktor's focus. Next four pads are mapped for effect presets and basically an activator. While any of this presets are ON all the cue pads will also apply selected effect along with a cue. There is a shift layer here too. From there you can disable effect presets, toggle sync/snap/quantize and delete cues.

As for faders in left, first three of them are actually a superfaders and thise have ability to apply secondary effect from the middle position to top. Last fader is actually a preset effect rate knob.

7th FX bank - PLOOPER:

If you hear for "plooping" for first time make sure to check DJ Shiftee's youtube video on this technique. This bank is related with deck focus selector as well and you can find it in second pad row. Right under focus there are loop set, size /32 and ploop dec/inc buttons. Bottom row in pad matrix is reserved for Filter92-0 and four different parameters. Image explains all the rest of features. Using this plooper technique and applying all the preset and instant effects in this mode can result some SIIIIIICK sounds and CRAZY basslines!

8th FX bank - Isolator FX:

Activating this bank gives you ability to assign any of effects to specific EQ frequency using deck duplicate command. Basic idea is to use deck focus buttons (A, B, C) to select deck you wish to use Isolator for and then use 'LOAD' button to duplicate track in to deck D.

First encoder row is dedicated for 3 band EQ knobs and Key adjust regards to focused deck. How to apply effect to EQ? - Simple, just turn any EQ knob over 12 o'clock and LED will lite up to indicate that Isolator is engaged for selected frequency (rmx-1000 replicate). Basically, when any of frequency isolators are engaged current track deck EQ kill become on and the same EQ at duplicated deck become off and ready for effect to be applied.
Second encoder row is dedicated for FX unit 2 in group FX mode and it's been designed for Macro FX. Pressing any of push encoders will directly engage effect on and reset parameter to center (dry).
Third encoder row is dedicated for FX nit 4 in single FX mode and it's related to effect preset buttons (see pic).

The bottom eight pads in matrix are loading and engaging various single mode effects in to unit 4, hitting same pad again will just restore the effect. Four faders on right side are premaped effects.

More about creating an Isolator Effects in Traktor here: http://www.djranking s.com/2013/01/0...ng-in-traktor/

Important note about FX banks functionality!

All the FX banks are designed to work individually. Meaning, if for example some of banks are engaged with effects and you switch to other FX bank all the engaged effect will automatically go off no matter what. But. This only stands for FX banks 2 to 8!! So, if effects in any of mentioned banks are ON and you wish to access 1st FX bank to manually make deck assignment for FX unit, all the activated effects will just stay ON and this goes the same for all the deck banks. Bottom line is: if you got some effect or FX combo running and you would like to save it all you need to do is change from current bank to any of deck banks or 1st FX bank.

I'd like to thank you all for taking time come trough this long read. I've tried to get it as simple as I could but the fact that this mapping is huge I couldn't get it any flatten then this pancake

For any additional information and questions you might have feel free to leave your comment below and I'll be back with ya in no time.

Have fun!

Stewe

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy