[Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R Ultimate tool

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: [Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R Ultimate toolReply
[Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R Ultimate tool
Posted on: 10.03.2013 by Kellie Myrum
Welcome all,

Here is a Livid Instruments CNTRL:R mapping I've been working on and I'm glad I can share it with everybody. If you missed a chance to check my first CNTRL'R Traktor tool go ahead and visit my other thread here:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=64614

This new mapping is also based on Double Deck Focus which gives you ability to have control aver any of four decks at both sides of the controller using shift button to enable deck selectors. Aside that, you'll find fifteen banks of controls that toggles 4x4 pad grid, push encoders and four faders in right for different functions. This mapping is divided in to sections as well so look the image to get idea behind mapping.

Download: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1260

Importing and engaging:

In difference regards to my first tool which uses ch1 I've created this mapping in MIDI channel 5. Reason I did this is to increase possibility for CNTRL:R to be compact in setup with other controllers which are designed to send massages in one of first four channels by default (flat mappings). The MIDI ch can be easily changed using CNTRL:R editor:

Download or use online editor here: http://lividinstruments.com/support_downloads.php

While importing make sure to use IMPORT button at the bottom of preferences window and make sure to do it twice so list of effects can be imported in order with mapping preference along with controller mappings. Once the mapping is imported note that you'll see fifteen pads lite WHITE (bank selectors) and three buttons are lite in RED - those are your shift buttons.

Double deck focus:

Shift buttons are presented in RED. Press them and four buttons above shift will lite up in white suggesting you to press any of those and select which deck you wish to control on each of focuses, release shift and focus selector (white) will go out leaving those same buttons for transport controls for deck that is currently selected. Note that this focuses got nothing to do with Traktor's deck focus selector and this are created out of modifiers.

15 bank selection:

In my first mapping for CNTRL:R this pads were dedicated for hotcues and I thought this pads would be more cool to be used for banking. There is also a shift button in this section because many of banks are double layered. If you check the first image in this post you'll notice that upper bank row is related with effects and bottom row is all about decks and mixer.

1st deck bank - grid preparation tool:

This is where all grid related functions are. While holding bank's shift upper 4x4 pad's matrix row will display deck focus selector where you pick any of four decks you wish to use beat griding for.

2nd deck bank - browsing tracks and loop recorder:

This bank is taken from my first CNTRL:R mapping. This is where your headphone buttons are and main idea was to find a track and cue it up all from this bank. Seek position is here as well.

3rd deck bank - beatjumps:

This bank is based on deck focus selector where you hold shift to access deck buttons. Here you got -/+ 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 beats jump. I like to use this feature in association with flux mode to kinda remix parts of the track on a fly. While this bank is activated all the push encoders are mapped to control FX units so that way any of effects can be applied on top of beat jumping.

4th deck bank - X fader, EQ adjust and kill:

Upper 4x4 pad's row is mapped to directly access certain positions of ' left | center | right 'and the button in right is assigned for autofade to left (holding shift autofades to right). Next row on down is designed for cutting to each of sides and two rows in bottom are crossfader deck assignments. First fader on right is a crossfader itself and other three faders are clear for further mappings. Since the leak of EQ kill buttons in my first CNTRL:R tool I did include that feature in this mapping and you got it here in this bank and it's mapped to push encoders.

5th deck bank - basic transport controls, pan, key and filters:

This is a bank for all those who aren't comfort with my double deck focuses and here you'll find not all but the most of transport controls all in one page and for all four decks. There is also a second layer via shift button where besides master deck and loop set you can set loop in and out points as well. Since the leak of balance, key adjust and filter on/off button I managed to include it all here

Faders in right are mapped for tempo adjust (hold shift and move reset tempo to center).

6th deck bank - Remix deck functionality:

This bank was originally left blank for NI to unlock remix deck mappings. Now when that have come truth I've made an update to mapping. Please check out post #34 in this thread for all details

7th deck bank - hotcues acess:

In this bank the pad matrix is connected to double deck focus where upper eight pads display left and bottom eight pads display htcues for any of decks that s selected in focus on right. Main idea behind this options is to access both deck hotcues for tight transitions and advanced cue juggling. Deleting cues is here too and that can be done via deck focus shift buttons (each side it's) and not by using shift button related to banks. All the encoders and faders in rifht are mapped for FX units, look image:

1st FX bank - four FX units and unit deck assignments:

All the basic effect controls are here and they are mapped for push encoders and dry/wet are at faders on right (same as beatjumps and hotcue deck banks). Long story short - the image explains it all.

And shift state here:

2nd FX bank - INSTANT gratification effects:

These are mapped for pre-selected effects from DJTT midifighter mapping. Upper pads row controls unit deck assignment and it's easy to use - just hit any of pads and all four units will become assigned to that deck leaving other three decks disengaged. There are three supercombos which are color coded in the image below. When any of effects are engaged you will notice a corresponding LED is lite up next to push encoder suggesting you to use it if you wish to manually adjust the effect parameter. I didn't include it in this image but there are some smart knobs in right mapped for effects.

3rd FX bank - INSTANT gratification 2:

This bank keeps popular Beatmasher combo button row and echo-out with addition of some other effects to it. Encoders are mapped for related pad triggers so you can easily modulate effect after engaging as well as in previous IG bank. Reverb T3 effect also gets to freeze if you hit echo out button while Reverb is hold first - hitting any of this two buttons deactivates it. And again, some fancy smart knobs included

4th FX bank - INSTANT gratification 3 and Beatslicer mode:

Loving this bank! When I start mapping this bank my main idea was to map all pads for various Beatslicer parameters but, there's always but, then I figured out that it would te nice to aplly some of color sound based effects to track and then hit REC button (labeled red) to record a four beat loop along with any of effects which are previously engaged. Once the Slicer is on (REC) all pads will turn in red changing pad controls for color effects in to slice loop parameters. Push encoders are mapped for manipulating parameters same as all IG banks.

And For Slicer mode:

5th FX bank - build and brake/releace effects:

In this bank there are eight different presets that loads a various combos of effects - three FXs in unit 2 and one effect in unit 4. Pressing any of this eight pads will directly engage all related effects and set both dry/wet levels to 0% and last two faders in right are maped for wet/dry signal and unit 4 effect rate. What's important to say is that dry/wet fader should be in down position before switching to other preset in this bank in order for build to be efectively used. I'm not gonna say which effects are loaded in each preset - that's up to you to explore

The bottom pad row is mapped for brake effects - two laser outs, TTFX and transpose. This effects are meant to be dropped on top of builds! There is a trick with this pad row... While color is cyan this effects will act normaly as usual, but there is a release effect mode (aka rmx1000) mapped in those as well. To switch between brake and release mode just hold bank's shift and hit 5th FX bank button and all the pads will switch from cyan to red. While releases are ON any time brakes are hit all the build effect will automatically shut down.

Forum let me post up to 10k characters in one post so continue reading in next post
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by sasser
i just wanted to start of by saying i love this mapping thanks for all the effort you've put into it. as for my problem everything works but when i go to the remix deck i can't trigger the sample. i can focus on the deck with the top row of encoders, i can adjust the filter with the bottom row, and the sliders adjust the volume. but the 4x4 pads don't do anything. they stay lit up the same from whatever deck/effect i was on before i switched to the remix deck. any help would be awesome.
You're welcome dude! I can't say why you have this issue with the mapping because all the controls in this page are sharing same modifier value so that isolated issue doesn't make much sense unless you've made some edits to the mapping device.

Just downloaded fresh copy and the 4x4 grid seems to be working good. Here's a short vid for you:

Galina Gigli
Originally Posted by Stewe
Hi metaforx,

First thing that comes to my mind is possibility of outdated firmware version. Also, did you send settings to controller after changing the channel to 5?

One other thing - make sure that all eight switches in the back of the unit are in DOWN position.
I updated the firmware later on and watched data with Midi Monitor on OSX, everything looked ok. I could even play some samples in desk, so somehow something is working....

What i do not see are the three red buttons in the beginning (SHIFT) and i can also not switch focus on the desks, so guess not all things are really working.

Hope this helps a little, or maybe you have another suggestion, what i could try. It's strange that for example the 4x4.tsi which i tried recently works, but i looks also much simpler then yours, maybe something wrong with the modifiers?

anyhow thanks for your time, hope i will be able to have it up and running sooner or later. don't really want to buy a f1 if not really needed.

best
m
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by metaforx
Hi Stewe

I try to checkout your mapping. I can not get it to work. I changed chanel to number 5 with the editor and imported the settings twice. I use latest traktor 2.6.3

The controller is working in traktor with the 4x4 mappings mentioned on the livid website. Though i would really checkout remix decks with your mapping.

I receive data from the controler (blinking CTRL).

In Preferences>Controller>Device:
I selected: Remix Deck - Generic MIDI (Cntrl_r(Controls))

In & Out-Port:
Cntrl_r(Controls)

But i do not get any feedback from the controller in traktor. Any ideas what i have to do in order to make the gear working with traktor?

would love to use this controller instead of the native instruments one, love it more universall and flexible.

thanks
m
Hi metaforx,

First thing that comes to my mind is possibility of outdated firmware version. Also, did you send settings to controller after changing the channel to 5?

One other thing - make sure that all eight switches in the back of the unit are in DOWN position.
Libby Mudie
Update for full remix deck functionality coming soon
Yeah!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by sasser
i just wanted to start of by saying i love this mapping thanks for all the effort you've put into it. as for my problem everything works but when i go to the remix deck i can't trigger the sample. i can focus on the deck with the top row of encoders, i can adjust the filter with the bottom row, and the sliders adjust the volume. but the 4x4 pads don't do anything. they stay lit up the same from whatever deck/effect i was on before i switched to the remix deck. any help would be awesome.
You're welcome dude! I can't say why you have this issue with the mapping because all the controls in this page are sharing same modifier value so that isolated issue doesn't make much sense unless you've made some edits to the mapping device.

Just downloaded fresh copy and the 4x4 grid seems to be working good. Here's a short vid for you:

Bessie Mehl
Bessie Mehl
Kellie Myrum
Just downloaded fresh copy, installed in 2.6.3 and it all works as it should. This mapping is tested by Livid Instruments and they had a link to my mapping in their controller app section because this mapping doesn't have any issues.

This mapping is 20times more complex that 4x4 but still all modifiers are not conflicting each other - I'm burning modifiers for more than 10 years now and know the soul of them.

If you look at the device menu you'll notice an eight mapping devices loaded with this mapping. Each device must have their I/O port set to Cntrl;r in order for Traktor to communicate with the unit and each part of the mapping. Now if you already have it all set correctly and still have isolated issues with some parts of the mapping this makes me believe that your MIDI port in computer is already busy even before you have Traktor opened and running. If you're on windows OS you need to make sure that Livid editor software is closed before you even make access to the Traktor.
Galina Gigli
Hi metaforx,

I updated the firmware later on and watched data with Midi Monitor on OSX, everything looked ok. I could even play some samples in desk, so somehow something is working....

What i do not see are the three red buttons in the beginning (SHIFT) and i can also not switch focus on the desks, so guess not all things are really working.

Hope this helps a little, or maybe you have another suggestion, what i could try. It's strange that for example the 4x4.tsi which i tried recently works, but i looks also much simpler then yours, maybe something wrong with the modifiers?

anyhow thanks for your time, hope i will be able to have it up and running sooner or later. don't really want to buy a f1 if not really needed.

best
m
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by metaforx
Hi Stewe

I try to checkout your mapping. I can not get it to work. I changed chanel to number 5 with the editor and imported the settings twice. I use latest traktor 2.6.3

The controller is working in traktor with the 4x4 mappings mentioned on the livid website. Though i would really checkout remix decks with your mapping.

In & Out-Port:
Cntrl_r(Controls)

But i do not get any feedback from the controller in traktor. Any ideas what i have to do in order to make the gear working with traktor?

would love to use this controller instead of the native instruments one, love it more universall and flexible.

thanks
m
Hi metaforx,

Galina Gigli
Hi Stewe

In & Out-Port:
Cntrl_r(Controls)

thanks
m
Libby Mudie
You the man! Now I want this livid ctrl!!
Kellie Myrum
Hey guys,

Everybody who has been rocking this mapping with their Livid CNTRL:R probably know that I've left one clear page waiting for NI to unlock direct mappings for the Traktor remix decks and now that this day has finally come I've made a first update to this mapping which now offer you to trigger all sample cells. Big thanks to NI!

Deck Selector:

You can easily select any of four decks using upper encoder row simply by pushing down corresponding knob. It's very important to know that remix deck targeting is done using Traktor Deck Focus so all pads from 4x4 grid can be assigned for deck of choice, but, this encoders are also mapped for one modifier which is actually saying other controls such as slot volume, filters, pages etc. how they follow deck focus since this mentioned commands don't have focus assignments offered in assignment menu. Now since this mapping is quite complex and Traktor Deck Focus has been used in many of other deck transport pages your focused deck might get miss matched with a modifier if you've used for example an Isolator page to pick deck 'A' and then right after that you return back to remix deck page where your modifier was previously set to control say deck 'B'... Conclusion is that you should select a deck again before you play with samples so focus and modifier become one again.

To make this difference more visual I've mapped a LED to indicate in yellow when only a deck focus is selected suggesting you to press it again and apply a modifier state when a LED will automatically display in red to do the trick and you're good to go. if your deck focus haven't got any changes before you jump back to remix mode your LED will display in red instantly.

Remix deck page selection:

Use second encoder row. This is where you jump trough all four cell pages - LED will respectively follow selected page displaying yellow. Hold shift and push this knobs to toggle FX assignment (LED is red) for each slot individually for selected remix deck.

Slot filter control:

Use third encoder row to manipulate yous filters per slot of selected deck. You can also turn filter for each slot on/off by pushing down the knobs (LED is white wen on). If you want to quickly reset filter parameter back to zero (center) simply hold shift and press corresponding knob.

Slot volume control:

Use four sliders at right side of controller to access this commands. Holding shift and moving the faders won't affect the software parameter - it's useful when switching to the other remix deck on the fly. Unloading samples: Instead of using actual shift button to manage this I decided to map unload modifier to actual remix deck bank button due the fact that I have some fancy modifier trickery mapped to shift button where the modifier state of each cell will be changed while shift button is on hold. Reason for this is lack of the modifier condition slots in traktor so with out using this trick I wouldn't be able to accomplish mapping for secondary encoder options in such complex mapping.

Hopefully NI will add more condition slots in future when I'll be updating remix deck page with more functionality.

Grab it here: DOWNLOAD
Valeri Millstein
Heck yea Stewe this mapping just gets better and better!
Libby Mudie
Yeah!
Kellie Myrum
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by ubyte
after changing to channel 5 will i still be able to use the advance mapping without changing back to channel one? O.o
No. You still need to switch back to ch1 in case you want to use my first mapping.
Kemberly Ruhle
after changing to channel 5 will i still be able to use the advance mapping without changing back to channel one? O.o
Kellie Myrum
CNTRL:R Buyer
Delena Katherman
Nice. Man, I want one of these.
Kellie Myrum
Check out Controller Apps page @Livid Instruments website.

Kellie Myrum
Didn't have chance to play with the Tweaker jet but knowing that it's built in collaboration with Livid Instruments I don't doubt it's built using high quality components. Love the layout though, truly inspiring.
Delena Katherman
Thanks for the advice. Out of curiosity, what do you believe of the Electrix Tweaker?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
Stewe, are you still rocking your CNTRL:R?
When ever I get a chance. Honestly, I've been busy creating mappings for CMD and Spectra lately and doing a lot of testing ever since I started playing with them.

I'm really believeing about buying one of these, and I respect your opinion tremendously. I'm looking for lots of fun and powerful effects control for Traktor. If you could get ANY ONE piece of kit in the next month to do this (assuming you didn't have anything already), what would it be?
Buying Livid products would be like investing money in the safe bank. I mean, do you ever hear anyone comes complaining about one being broken ?? These units are literally a tanks. Duo the fact I already have mighty CNTRL:R the next stop would definitely be the Base controller which is also very powerful and made for advanced scripts and mappings.

And if I didn't have any of them it would be CNTRL:R again because it is just amazing peace of hardware.

edit:

BTW it's my 3000th post
Delena Katherman
Stewe, are you still rocking your CNTRL:R? I'm really believeing about buying one of these, and I respect your opinion tremendously. I'm looking for lots of fun and powerful effects control for Traktor. If you could get ANY ONE piece of kit in the next month to do this (assuming you didn't have anything already), what would it be?
Kellie Myrum
Livid rocking on this mapping at Musicmesse
Kellie Myrum
Cool. Let me know if there's anything else.
Hassie Labor
awesome, that did it. i assumed it was something simple.
thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by huffafc
thanks for this mapping! it's pretty incredible. i've started using it with my cntrl:r and have really enjoyed it, even though i feel like i haven't even scratched the surface of what you can do with it.
that's also partly because i can't get most of the fx banks to work. i imported twice as you recommend, but i can only manage to get the 'ig 1' bank to work the others are just blank. any thoughts on what i might be doing wrong? a way to fix the problem?? thanks again!
Once the mapping is installed you can notice that there are 7 mapping devices in menu. Saying you have only part of banks going makes me believe some of device MIDI in/out ports aren't set to your CNTRL:R. Make sure every device is set for your controller and not ALL PORTS.
Hassie Labor
thanks for this mapping! it's pretty incredible. i've started using it with my cntrl:r and have really enjoyed it, even though i feel like i haven't even scratched the surface of what you can do with it.
that's also partly because i can't get most of the fx banks to work. i imported twice as you recommend, but i can only manage to get the 'ig 1' bank to work the others are just blank. any thoughts on what i might be doing wrong? a way to fix the problem?? thanks again!
Kellie Myrum

Here's a vid demonstrating FX banks 2, 3 and 4. Video quality is down because I filmed it with my web camera but I thought to post it anyways and let you see all FX running that are mapped it this particular banks. Other stuff to come.
Kellie Myrum
Here is TSI for everybody willing to test with CNTRL:R before releasing update to mapping page.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb5sql6uzx...2.0%20beta.rar

Let me know.
Kellie Myrum
Livid controllers are awesome! Can't wait to try out the Base.
Valeri Millstein
Gosh... Man I have always loved LIVID instruments...

I want one.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by andykrow
Awesome. you rule

Has NI said anything about unlocking those decks? I feel like that's been a long time coming.
Not a single word... I'm starting to believe that will never happen, but hay, a hope dies last.
Destiny Livers
You are correct. There is one clear bank that I have scheduled for full rmx deck control once NI unlocks mappings. Tho, I'll include remix deck controls from my last mapping as an update for this bank or in hotcues bank if possible.
Awesome. you rule

Has NI said anything about unlocking those decks? I feel like that's been a long time coming.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by MrAybar
I believe am buying a CNTRL to use this!!!! Amazing work my friend!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by samplectro
I seriously am believeing this exact same thing!
Thank you guys!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by andykrow
Yay! This is amazing. Loving the extra effects over the last mapping you made (which was great by the way...)

One thing I'm wondering about is functionality for the remix decks. In the last mapping the hotcue buttons were replaced with one-shot / loop-launch buttons for a remix deck. This mapping doesn't seem to do that (unless I'm missing something?)

Honestly though great work! I'm wondering why anyone would want to use anything other than a cntrlr with this mapping out there...
You are correct. There is one clear bank that I have scheduled for full rmx deck control once NI unlocks mappings. Tho, I'll include remix deck controls from my last mapping as an update for this bank or in hotcues bank if possible.
Dick Korus
Originally Posted by MrAybar
I seriously am believeing this exact same thing!
Kandi Odom

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy