Traktor Mapping for Pioneer DDJ-SX is ready :)

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor Mapping for Pioneer DDJ-SX is ready :)Reply
Traktor Mapping for Pioneer DDJ-SX is ready :)
Posted on: 02.11.2012 by Donella Bentch
Here is my first release for the new Pioneer DDJ-SX, Traktor Pro 2.60

https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/851

Have fun

Greets
viper9711
Rocco Fiveash
Thanks for the quick reply... did all that, input decks still do not show anything other than the MIX/AUX . Hmmm..

The only thing working is the Mixer faders , filter, etc. No transport controls or anything else.
Ashanti Andreacchio
open preferance and import from the button of the preferance window you might want to uncheck the favorites before importing.
and you need to set audio to DDJ SX then in output set it to internal mix
Rocco Fiveash
Hey Gullum.. I can only see AUX / MIC for choices in my imput decks.. am i missing something? Really, I guess my question should be "How do I get Traktor mapped to the DDJ - SX?" Do i choose no controller in the wizard since it is not listed?

Thanks !!
Ashanti Andreacchio
Yes to everything except for slicer can't be mapped for Traktor and Scratching is not as tight as in Serato DJ. The sampler works like it does on the S2/S4 meaning you get 4 samples for deck C/D. Slip mode button is mapped for flux mode.
Latasha Belenky
Hey viper, is this a full mapping for traktor? I know that's a general question so i will try and explain myself a little better. Firstly do you lose any functions that you have in serato dj like the hot cues, rolls, slicer, samples. Do the pitch faders work properly and do the platters work as they do in serato as far as vinyl mode being on and off and if you can pitch bend with platters them selves. Also is the slip button mapped to the flux mode? lastly and most important to me is the effects do both effect banks work as they should and also do you have the macro effects working properly? If there's anything else you believe I should know please let me know and if you could tell me what isn't working? Thanks a ton man,haven't used the mapping but appreciate that you've done it
Ruthann Semmer
That would be much appreciated, as I am sort of stuck between picking from this and the VCI 400. To work with Traktor.
Donella Bentch
I
Ruthann Semmer
Hi I am really looking at getting the DDJ-sx but my only worry is mapping to Traktor, Viper looks like you are doing a great job, But would there be any chance someone could make like a short video review/workings of it fully working with the Mapping Please.
Donella Bentch
Version 5.2 is up ! with Flux Mode to Loop Preset
Ashanti Andreacchio
just a little demo of it in work first looping without flux then with flux on

not qualety video but you see it in action
Ashanti Andreacchio
this is just deck a and b

And I'm using my own tsi I just loaded yours on my iMac and you have a lot of modifiers already
Donella Bentch
Originally Posted by dj gullum
here is what I've done to the Rool pads

normal mode same as your mapper. Then add a modifier to the Slip button and set all normal loops to M1=0
now add these

Loop Size Selector / Direct M1=1 (Desired loop size)
Loop set /hold M1=1
Loop Active On / Hold M1=1

I Only mapped the 6 buttons from 1/8 to 4 because I don't see using 8 or more bars in flux mode.
This way loop works in Flux mode and normal when not
Can you please upload the solo Loop Preset mapping here? Then I will integrate this in the Main mapping for all people
Thanks
viper9711
Ashanti Andreacchio
here is what I've done to the Rool pads

normal mode same as your mapper. Then add a modifier to the Slip button and set all normal loops to M1=0
now add these

Loop Size Selector / Direct M1=1 (Desired loop size)
Loop set /hold M1=1
Loop Active On / Hold M1=1

I Only mapped the 6 buttons from 1/8 to 4 because I don't see using 8 or more bars in flux mode.
This way loop works in Flux mode and normal when not
Santa Nicks
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your quick reply. I might just buy an SX.
Andy
Donella Bentch
Jogwheels now with V 4.1 are working good like the Vestax VCI 400( I had this one before) For "normally" scratching it
Santa Nicks
Hi Viper,
I hoped you could help me as you sound very knowledge. In a previos post you mentioned that the Jog wheels are not as good as the S2 or S4 for scratching because they use the NI protocol, but I wondered if the mapped SX's jog wheels are comparable to the VCI-400 or any of the other top range traktor controllers? I don't know if others they have better jog wheel integration with traktor or whether they are also midi so really no different to an SX mapped to traktor I'm a house mixer really but I like to have the odd scratch for fun.
I ask because two days ago I was about to purchase a VCI-400 when i saw the SX and thought this was the controller I really want.

Reason I ask is because I was about to buy the Vestax VCI-400 two days ago at a store in London and then I caught sight of the SX and thought how much I would prefer the Sx to any other controller. But I want to use traktor not serato.

Any advice you can give is very much appreciated.
Donella Bentch
Hey guys, try out the Version V.4.1- The Jogwheels are re-mapped for better response and scratch feelin`
Ashanti Andreacchio
just press the link in the first post and you get to the page
Karl Kayfes
Got an email with a link to the new edited mapping. A new version of Viper
Ashanti Andreacchio
Thanks viper for updating in .x numbers now so I might have the DDJ SX before version 4 shipment has reached Denmark and now next stop my country
Kellie Myrum
Hey viper,

I shared your mapping to guys at NI community , keep up good work.

Cheers!
Clay Rudeseal
Originally Posted by viper9711
Here is my first release for the new Pioneer DDJ-SX, Traktor Pro 2.60

Have fun

Greets
viper9711
Can't download, can anyone advise? Link takes me to mapping page, no download link, says I need to sign in to sign in to download, I sign in and still no download link. What am I doing wrong?
Karl Kayfes
Thank you very much viper!! I just want to say that I appreciate it very much that you took the time out to create the midi mapping for Traktor. I use both Traktor and Serato. Works out perfect.
Donella Bentch
You don't need an external Soundcard cause the Pio had an internal Souncard. In Traktor you have to enable the Internal Mode.
I use the latest Version of Mountain Lion
Ashanti Andreacchio
Originally Posted by OneCrazyDJ
Wait, how are you getting the audio to route through the mixer without an external sound card Viper? I see you said you have, Pioneer DDJ-SX, Sony MDR-V700, MacBookPro 15", TraktorPro 2.60, Serato DJ, but you didn't list a sound card in your setup. What version of OSX are you using and how do you have the audio setup in Traktor to use all 4 channels? Thanks
The DDJ SX is also a soundcard and you need to set it up in preferance. External mixing mode and chose the outputs from there
Karl Kayfes
Wait, how are you getting the audio to route through the mixer without an external sound card Viper? I see you said you have, Pioneer DDJ-SX, Sony MDR-V700, MacBookPro 15", TraktorPro 2.60, Serato DJ, but you didn't list a sound card in your setup. What version of OSX are you using and how do you have the audio setup in Traktor to use all 4 channels? Thanks
Marilynn Spackman
The jogwheel control is as bad as all the controllers that do not support Native Instruments protocol directly. I'll try to make the best of it. Maybe I can optimize the settings for the Jogwheels
Video is not possible-sorry.
That would be great. I will be looking forward to testing it.
Donella Bentch
The jogwheel control is as bad as all the controllers that do not support Native Instruments protocol directly. I'll try to make the best of it. Maybe I can optimize the settings for the Jogwheels
Video is not possible-sorry.
Nedra Cheff
Update to 3.0 is online
Is the jogwheel control in traktor as bad as im led to believe?
Any chance of a video to show how well it works?
Ashanti Andreacchio
Just adding the link for midi messages to this thread because the one I started was in wrong community

http://pioneerdj.com/support/files/i...Messages_E.pdf
Donella Bentch
Update to 3.0 is online
Marilynn Spackman
Thanks for working on this so early !

How is the response compared to Serato with this mapping ?

keep up the great work, and looking forward to more on this mapping.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy