Traktor Mapping for Pioneer DDJ-SX is ready :)

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor Mapping for Pioneer DDJ-SX is ready :)Reply
Traktor Mapping for Pioneer DDJ-SX is ready :)
Posted on: 02.11.2012 by Donella Bentch
Here is my first release for the new Pioneer DDJ-SX, Traktor Pro 2.60

https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/851

Have fun

Greets
viper9711
Trula Willadsen
Originally Posted by DJZILCH
this mapping is fine, slicer does not work but every other "GENERAL" features such as hot cues etc works fine

the jogwheels are okay although it is a bit loose and is not as tight as if you use it with Serato, I believe viper did the best he could with this mapping so massive thanks to him for taking the time to do it

if there is a miracle and the DDJ-SX is supported natively (which may never happen) we might just get better jog wheel in traktor using SX

and yes it is reversible, just delete the mapping later if you wish so - no problem

make sure to backup your current setting if you want to - i am a bit of an OCD in terms of my preferences and layouts in traktor so I always do a backup of my own preferences before importing anything
Seeing how this is closest an answer to my question as I can find is I'm just gonna post my question as well:

Is it possible to install the JaJa or Viper TSI and still be able to use Serato DJ? Ergo; I wanna practice more with Serato before I play out with it so being able to use Traktor for live gigs in the meanwhile would be a good solution. Is this possible, or do I lose all Serato functionality when I install the Traktor TSI?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by johnzark
Good morning ,
And pitch fader not work well when changing between the deck
1or3 2or4 .

LITTLE HELP PLEASE ?
Probably just missing soft takeover option..
Trula Willadsen
Ah thank you so much
Ashanti Andreacchio
you need to switch midi mode of on the DDJ SX holding shift + play while you turn on the DDJ SX if the Key lock is on it's in Midi mode when it's of it's in Serato mode
Trula Willadsen
Ok, have used the Traktor TSI for some days now, however I want to try Serato DJ 1.3. When I start up Serato, pretty much everything works except the jog wheels dials. They're lit, but they're not moving like they should. The needle (the one light that doen't lid up) does move when I scratch. Anyone know the solution to this?
Lawanna Rag
Hi guys,

When I try and select an auto loop size using vipers ddj-sx mapping, I can only jump between -32 , 1. And 32 bar settings, how can I select a loop size between 1 2 4 8 etc

Help desperately needed for gig toevening !!
Trula Willadsen
Ok thanks. Think it's gonna be necessary as Serato has crashed twice in the two days I have the kit thusfar. Can't use it like that for live gigs (they're all 3 to 5 hours, I can't even make it through 2 without it crashing...)

Thanks for your advice!
Ashanti Andreacchio
You won't loose anything by installing the TSI because it will be installed on your computer and is a file only traktor will use. You only need to change the DDJ SX to other midi mode on the DDJ SX itself and switch it back to Serato mode on the DDJ SX to use Serato DJ again. it's as simple as pressing shift + play while turning on the DDJ SX then Press KEY LOCK/ TEMPO RESET. when the LED is on it in Midi mode Traktor when it of it's in Serato mode. takes 3-4 seconds to switch between.
Trula Willadsen
this mapping is fine, slicer does not work but every other "GENERAL" features such as hot cues etc works fine

the jogwheels are okay although it is a bit loose and is not as tight as if you use it with Serato, I believe viper did the best he could with this mapping so massive thanks to him for taking the time to do it

if there is a miracle and the DDJ-SX is supported natively (which may never happen) we might just get better jog wheel in traktor using SX

and yes it is reversible, just delete the mapping later if you wish so - no problem

make sure to backup your current setting if you want to - i am a bit of an OCD in terms of my preferences and layouts in traktor so I always do a backup of my own preferences before importing anything
Seeing how this is closest an answer to my question as I can find is I'm just gonna post my question as well:

Is it possible to install the JaJa or Viper TSI and still be able to use Serato DJ? Ergo; I wanna practice more with Serato before I play out with it so being able to use Traktor for live gigs in the meanwhile would be a good solution. Is this possible, or do I lose all Serato functionality when I install the Traktor TSI?
Harvey Mcintyre
Just use JaJa's map version for the SX....covers everything and more and still is updated on a regular base.
Ashanti Andreacchio
You can have 8 cue point and it's also a part of the Viper tsi.
Mitzie Reyno
Viper,

Is it possible to map 4 extra cue points as well? I usually have 1-8 cue points on my S4, using the sample buttons as 5-8 since I don't really use sample decks that much. With the disappointment of the new S4 MK2, I'm exploring the Pioneer option for my next controller but need to make sure i can have up to 8 cue points.
Kellie Myrum
Good morning ,
1or3 2or4 .

LITTLE HELP PLEASE ?
Probably just missing soft takeover option..
Leanna Kepner
the viper map is amazing everything works great accept the roll,slicer an sampler features id love some helpto know if they work for anyone else an if so pls share with me
Kaleigh Kamada
φωτογραφία.jpg

YESTERDAY play in the club and use ddj sx with traktor 2,61 and while playing music, TWICE crashed the Traktor and stopped altogether. I did restart and work again. What a problem ???
I have windows seven with ssd harddrive 12gb ram i5 procesor and f1 traktor

and today again ....?

I guess the problem is when I connect F1 TRAKTOR . Why ?
NOT WORKING TOGETHER ?

Only when I change between track deck and remix deck please see the picture .
Good morning ,
1or3 2or4 .

LITTLE HELP PLEASE ?
Kaleigh Kamada
φωτογραφία.jpg
Originally Posted by viper9711
No problems with Traktor 2.61
YESTERDAY play in the club and use ddj sx with traktor 2,61 and while playing music, TWICE crashed the Traktor and stopped altogether. I did restart and work again. What a problem ???
I have windows seven with ssd harddrive 12gb ram i5 procesor and f1 traktor

and today again ....?

I guess the problem is when I connect F1 TRAKTOR . Why ?
NOT WORKING TOGETHER ?

Only when I change between track deck and remix deck please see the picture .
Donella Bentch
No problems with Traktor 2.61
Kaleigh Kamada
Good morning, I want to buy the ddj sx and would like to know if it works well with traktor, though in version 2.61 Using the maper 6,2. Thanks.

Nobody knows;
Nichelle Jami
Hey guys,
don
Kandra Fagler
Hey guys,
don
Donella Bentch
so.... anyone else?? am i the only one with this mapping that seems to get lag when opening the preferences window in traktor?
Hey guys,
don
Kandra Fagler
Originally Posted by pixelrocka
i experience similar performance issues... my traktor freezes when i try to quit the programm after usage.
cheers, Marc
thank you for the reply! im glad that im not the only one experiencing this

now.... how can we resolve this? i wonder if its because the mapping contains 10+ mappings in one
Burt Varner
so.... anyone else?? am i the only one with this mapping that seems to get lag when opening the preferences window in traktor?
i experience similar performance issues... my traktor freezes when i try to quit the programm after usage.
cheers, Marc
Kandra Fagler
is anyone else experiencing some slowdown in opening traktor settings with this mapping on?

i am using 2012 macbook pro (ivy bridge 2.5ghz + 16GB DDR3) so i dont believe cpu power is the issue, cpu meter is always very low, its just that when i click the settings button in traktor it would sometimes freeeeeze the whole traktor, in fact it almost always does it

anyone else experiencing this? or is it just my traktor?

Kandra Fagler
Originally Posted by DIPULSE
so Dumb question... This is reversable right? Once i try out this mapping if i dont want to continue to use it how easy is it to switch back to SERATO DJ? Also can somebody clarify exactly what does NOT work with this mapping? I read somewhere that the Slicer on the pads does not work and that the "Scratching isnt as good" can somebody clarify? Im really hoping that most of the features on the controller are still usable with Traktor such as the "needle search" Hot cues etc...

Betty Hanson
so Dumb question... This is reversable right? Once i try out this mapping if i dont want to continue to use it how easy is it to switch back to SERATO DJ? Also can somebody clarify exactly what does NOT work with this mapping? I read somewhere that the Slicer on the pads does not work and that the "Scratching isnt as good" can somebody clarify? Im really hoping that most of the features on the controller are still usable with Traktor such as the "needle search" Hot cues etc...
Kandra Fagler
is anyone else experiencing some slowdown in opening traktor settings with this mapping on?

i am using 2012 macbook pro (ivy bridge 2.5ghz + 16GB DDR3) so i dont believe cpu power is the issue, cpu meter is always very low, its just that when i click the settings button in traktor it would sometimes freeeeeze the whole traktor, in fact it almost always does it

anyone else experiencing this? or is it just my traktor?
Nichelle Jami
Ist dein DDJ SX im "non Serato Mode"? Falls nicht wird das Mapping nicht laufen! Lese bitte in meiner Beschreibung nach wie du das umstellen kannst. Steht auch im Pio Handbuch, ich glaube Seite 25.
hi viper, jetz funktioniert es , dein mapping ist echt cool !!!! besonders in flux mode gefaehelt mir sehr, habe es gleich an die jungs hier in manila die mit ddj sx arbeiten weiter empfohlen . danke bro!!!
Shakira Rodriguezcruz
Hey Viper, the issue im having now is that the LED's for the track volume dont work on tracks 1 & 2 but they do work on tracks 3 & 4. Why is that? Its really annoying me.
Donella Bentch
Ist dein DDJ SX im "non Serato Mode"? Falls nicht wird das Mapping nicht laufen! Lese bitte in meiner Beschreibung nach wie du das umstellen kannst. Steht auch im Pio Handbuch, ich glaube Seite 25.
Nichelle Jami
hi viper, tried to import the tsi file again, however i can't check it all, its somehow locked, what did i do wrong? is there a new update ?also my led's are not working ( es leuchtet ned ) please help, vielen dank
Donella Bentch
Delete all older mappings and import my file with the IMPORT button. ALL checkboxes have to be marked on. Only in this way your FX Presets be in the right order!
Greets
viper
Shakira Rodriguezcruz
Im on windows and have followed all these steps exactly. But the effects still dont work correctly (using the pads). Delay and delayt3 dont work on pads 1+2 so confused!

Also do you have some documentation that we can use Viper to edit the mapping ourselves?

Thanks
Donella Bentch
i cant seem to get 6.1 working

set it in midi mode (shift + play) -> keylock on

use big import button to load TSI

set in and out to ddj-sx

nothing works - am i missing something?
Please download the file again ! Today I
Ashanti Andreacchio
if your on Mac it should just work, But I've found out that in windows you need to go into the cintrol manager in preferance and in the dropdown for devices you need to chose each on of the 10 PIO_something and set in port and out port for it to work.
Kandra Fagler
i cant seem to get 6.1 working

set it in midi mode (shift + play) -> keylock on

use big import button to load TSI

set in and out to ddj-sx

nothing works - am i missing something?
Rocco Fiveash
Originally Posted by dj gullum
you can change the filter type in the preferance window too under mixer
Yeah, I tried them. Meh

Thanks again!
Ashanti Andreacchio
you can change the filter type in the preferance window too under mixer
Rocco Fiveash
Thanks gullum, I am now able to control the decks and whatnot.. I was missing the In / Out port for all things in the control center.. awesome.

Now I need to get use to the mapping, but it seems to work awesome so far. Not sure I like the filters though.
Ashanti Andreacchio
Are you on windows or mac?

Ok looks like you are on Windows I just installed Traktor on my old Thosiba laptop.
Yes in input can only be AUX/Mic witch means that there is only one input that can be recorded to computer.
The other problem with no controlls over the decks.
You need to go to preferance then in Controller Manager Devices you must choose each Pioneer DDJ SX and set in port/ Out port to Pioneer DDJ SX now everything should work

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy