Another which CDJ thread for home practicing

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Another which CDJ thread for home practicingReply
Another which CDJ thread for home practicing
Posted on: 16.07.2013 by Farah Angeloni
At home i use Traktor with timecode vinyl which i will use in clubs also
but i really would like to able to work with cdj's.
So i'm looking for a cdj,only for practicing at home.
I don't want to move it around use it on a party or whatever just home.
But i want a cdj that comes close to club standard cdjs just in the way of working with them.
No effects,just the way of working with them.
What do you recommend?
Is the 350 enough,850 the way to go or is even something like relloops RMP 2.5 or 3
enough for practicing at home?

Thanks in advance
Lao Ma
Bethann Olortegui
Reloop RMP-3 Alpha is a good deck for home use. Takes CD/MP3, USB or MIDI, has a USB link mode, sampler/hotcues + effects (actually not bad). Plus they're full size and cost about the same as 350's
Olin Easley
You have to make sure that you'll gig at clubs which have CDJs which read USBs, though. I've noticed that 1000s are still quite common around here.
Farah Angeloni
I can get a 350 now for 450 Euros brandnew.I believe that's my way to go.
Anyway,thank you everybody for your thoughts!
A used 800 looks nice but i want a player with USB because i don't like burning CD's all the time!
Emelina Chillson
Pick up a set of used pioneer cdj800's or the stanton cmp800s. My best advice man.
Kristofer Krauel
I honestly struggle to understand this way of believeing. You DON'T need to buy pioneers to learn how to use club installed cdj's. it's just a giant jogwheel, pitch slider and some buttons!! Spending thousands on pioneer gear that will just sit at home, just so you can practice is insane. The jogwheel doesn't even have to be the same size as club cdj's. it's just a fucking jogwheel. I can (kind of) see the argument for buying the same mixer for home use because the effects may differ slightly and the EQing may vary etc but cdj's are just used to start and stop the music and to beat match.
Tamela Batara
I had the 350's and they felt more like toys than pro audio.

If you want as close as you can get to club "standard", then it would be the 900's or above really. The 850's are okay, and are similar sized, but the pro link and auto looping functions as well as rekordbox compatibility are all features you might want to get used to before playing on 2000's in the club...

But just for home use, save your money and get the denons. They will be fine for getting used to CDJ's.
Farah Angeloni
Okay,so what about the 350?
It has record box but a small jogwheel.
It seems like i can't get a 850 for less than 700 Euros and that's a little bit to much right now.
Gaynell Rydberg
If you want to practice the club situation, get CDJs, not a clone. Preferably a CDJ with rekordbox capability so you can carry over directly to the club.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy