Cue button 'lag'

Cue button 'lag'
Posted on: 21.05.2011 by Shelia Salzsieder
Hi, I'm getting weird lag with the cue buttons on the traktor s4, e.g. if I press a cue button sometimes it takes 1 second to actually play and sometimes I press the button and the cue point doesn't play! it also happens on my X1 but not so frequently, my cpu is at very low so it's not that. It's very laggy.
Also, if a deck isn't playing, and for example I hold cue button 1 and then press 2 and let go of 1, the track stops playing?! Why is this? I can't jump between cue points now.
Kristen Bastron
maybe you have another deck running, and the track you are cueing is synced to that one, so when you hit cue, it lags because your timing might be off? and its dropping it on time, and you might also have an issue of beatgrids not being 100%, this might not be the issue, but ive noticed it happens sometimes.
Shelia Salzsieder
I recorded a video of my problems, read the description, thanks; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi6oa-qRMtI
Shelia Salzsieder
ok i set cue point to instant but does that even make a difference, I thought that was for CUP?
I've reduced my latency from 15ms to 7.8ms by reducing my buffer size from 512 to 128. For some reason the 1-4 cue buttons on the S4 are now ok but still with the rare 'doesn't play'. The problem lies with the sample buttons that are mapped to cues 5-8. It seems that it's the mapping or something for them (I don't know why nobody else has this problem though?!) because if I press one of them, it needs to be released for at least 1 second for me to be able to press another one, and if I press and hold e.g. the first sample button, and whilst holding the first I hold the second, but then let go of the first, the song will stop playing.
Shelia Salzsieder
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't believe it's that because the cue buttons are fine on my x1
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by BradCee
awww I just came back to suggest that
...in before the Brad ...
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
Check in preferences (decks) if cue is set to 'instant' or 'on release'.
awww I just came back to suggest that
Lin Danek
Check in preferences (decks) if cue is set to 'instant' or 'on release'.
Alexandra Nerby
Latency settings?
Chin Thoroughgood
do you have the quantize feature on????
Dorcas Bassignani
Try it in midi mode... I assume the mapping will hold or can be d/l from somewhere for midi. Don't have an s4 so just throwing ideas out there...
Shelia Salzsieder
It's in the default mode. It's really weird... e.g. if I tap a cue button repeatedly about 1 in 10 taps the cue will fail to play. If I press a new cue point, sometimes it lags and takes 1 sec to play.
Dorcas Bassignani
Is the s4 in midi mode or the hid mode? might be a conflict in communication protocols? especially if you're running a hub... as a guess.
Shelia Salzsieder
PC, everything was perfect before plugging my S4 in. the cue point lag is happening with my X1 AND S4 although the X1 only does it occasionally, I can juggle with the X1 fine but it's impossible with the S4. I have set the sample deck buttons to hotcues 5-8 and if I try and cue point juggle with them the sound cuts out and doesn't play, it's weird (this only happens on the S4)

I've turned snap and quant off and the problem still persists. I also tried a different usb port for the S4, no luck.
I switched audio to S4, used my headphones and CUE, problem still persists so it's not an audio driver issue.

On further inspection I can cue point juggle WHEN a track is playing but if I try when a track isn't playing it doesn't work as I have to wait ~1second AFTER pressing ONE cue point until I can press another one. There is still a little bit of lag though but it's much worse when the track isn't already playing.
Dorcas Bassignani
Mac or pc?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy