Feedback to the forum upgrade

Home :: Q & A :: Feedback to the forum upgradeReply
Feedback to the forum upgrade
Posted on: 07.03.2012 by Rey Holubar
We'd love to here your thoughts and constructive feedback on the upgrade.

scamo
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by deevey
I don't hear anything

guess the feedback issue was sorted hehe
I see what you did there.
robin loo
Originally Posted by photojojo
I've already brought it up. What OS and browser are you guys using?
mac lion 10.7.3, chrome 17.0.963.79

i should have made the picture bigger, cause blog, community and store links are in the upper right corner instead of being on level with the other links
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
my header looks messed up (see attachment)
mine too, I've been meaning to mention it.
Random X
LoLz!
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by deevey
I don't hear anything

I see what you did there.
Rolanda Clodfelder
I don't hear anything

Nedra Fresneda
OS X 10.7.3 Safari (5.1.4)and Chrome (17.0.963.79)
OS X 10.8 DP2 Safari (5.2)
iOS 5.1 Safari

Same results on all of them. Also "Quick Links" just vanishes when you are looking at a new posts search.

Livia Teneyck
Replace the vBulletin favicon by your own :P
Romelia Stankard
This community would look pretty decent if the ice blue text and outlines was just made black.

The color scheme works on the blog because there is less of it but on the community s you are looking at a sea of light blue links.
robin loo
mac lion 10.7.3, chrome 17.0.963.79

i should have made the picture bigger, cause blog, community and store links are in the upper right corner instead of being on level with the other links
Leeanna Ayla
Kandy Ahdoot
^^^same^^^
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
mine too, I've been meaning to mention it.
robin loo

also if i do a search directly form the search field. i almost always get a warning, that i have to wait 6 (or more) seconds to do a search. even if i havent searched before..
Kandy Ahdoot
Can we get a new colour scheme the ice blue on white looks so messy when you are in the community s
And I agree with xone on the status of the inbox
Patty Mcgilbra
And I've gone through and added the correct prefix to all the posts on the first page of the buy/sell community . Can we get a for trade prefix?
Nice I actually forgot that there were trade posts but even then I find it nice that way, thanks!
Romelia Stankard
On the old version you could easily see the status of your inbox and when you had a new PM, now the only way I would ever know if I had a PM was if I checked my email... Any way to show the PM box status like before?
Rey Holubar
And I've gone through and added the correct prefix to all the posts on the first page of the buy/sell community . Can we get a for trade prefix?
Done!

scamo
Leeanna Ayla
Random X
Originally Posted by scamo
Tekki would have to decide on the mandatory part. Are all threads there definitely buying and selling?
I decided.
Mac Fly
I like the new format but its more eye catching on the screen at work, meaning easier for your boss to notice you are not doing actual work.
Rey Holubar
Originally Posted by Ashigari
for the Buy/Sell community : can you make the prefix (for sale / wanted) mandatory? would nicely color code the whole section

edit: another thing to add
in the top left you get the path to the community your in (e.g Forum>General Forums>Site Quetions & Feedback>...), can we get this on the bottom as well? makes it easier to navigate the community once you read a thread and are at the bottom of a page. currently you have to scroll back up again to access it
Tekki would have to decide on the mandatory part. Are all threads there definitely buying and selling?

As for the breadcrumb navigation at the bottom request. At the bottom right of the page is a "Top" link.

scamo
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Ooh I really don't like that. I use the user CP all the time. Bring back the user CP button!!!
If you click on quick links and then subscribed posts that will bring you to the settings page.

EDIT: Forum Actions also has a link to general settings.
Patty Mcgilbra
for the Buy/Sell community : can you make the prefix (for sale / wanted) mandatory? would nicely color code the whole section

edit: another thing to add
in the top left you get the path to the community your in (e.g Forum>General Forums>Site Quetions & Feedback>...), can we get this on the bottom as well? makes it easier to navigate the community once you read a thread and are at the bottom of a page. currently you have to scroll back up again to access it
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Xonetacular
where did the settings bar go?
Originally Posted by padi_04
^it only shows in the community index.
Ooh I really don't like that. I use the user CP all the time. Bring back the user CP button!!!
Nedra Fresneda
^it only shows in the community index.
Romelia Stankard
where did the settings bar go?
Shantae Faile
Originally Posted by guiltyblade
wooo tapatalk!
agreed. Just started using the tapatalk app again and it works very well!
Alla Bluemke
wooo tapatalk!
Leeanna Ayla
I'm not having issues with the brightness anymore.
Patty Mcgilbra
Looks very neat and easy to read (also rather work safe thanks to the white background etc)
Era Roka
Personally i don't like the look of the site, i prefer a dark template and les huge icons
Shantae Faile
I'm using it on a 17in MBP full brightness and its fine for me. Maybe just need a dark "quickstyle" template.
Maida Acra
I don't know if it's just me, but the site tends to hurt my eyes, not sure what is causing it though. Anyone else having this problem? If I dim my screen, it's all good.
Joselyn Supina
Thank you for updating the tapatalk integration!
Gilma Marchini
Edit: Found the toolbar on the top, really didn't expect that to be there... Holy crap I feel dumb. Either way, it should be a different color than the toolbar, it has no shared functions.

I don't like the light gloss UI though, it doesn't match the rest of the website.
Shantae Faile
Is this Vbulletin 4.0 Classic Forum?

Not trying to nag or anything (actually love the new look) But any chance of an upgrade to the Publishing suite? There is a lot of info here that we could article-ize, and would be nice to have member blogs.

Before people go on about those features not being utilized by DJF's community , please remember they lost all their stuff, so they couldn't archive old post into articles.

Nonetheless, this is still a major upgrade and for that I'm very satisfied. Much appreciated.
Rey Holubar
BTW, Are you all using the WYSIWYG editor? Please go to Settings->General Settings

and towards the bottom, make sure"Message Editor Interface:" is set to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing"

scamo
Rey Holubar
Originally Posted by padi_04
Yeah, but still a problem to all the stuff posted pre upgrade.

Another thing I notices is that the "What's New?" and "New Posts" do the same thing and the "DJ Techtools Forums" link on the footer actually links back to the blog.
"What's new?" and "New Posts" are the same.

I'll fix the link. Thanks for the feedback.

scamo
Rey Holubar
Well, there is the "mobile style", which shows only very bare minimum. Look at the bottom of the page. If you see "--DJTT vB4 Style", then you can also choose the mobile style too.

scamo

<< Back to Q & AReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy