London

London
Posted on: 29.04.2013 by Dorie Scelzo
I'm visiting a friend who's studying at LSE from Saturday the 4th to Sunday the 12th.

On the 4th, we're going to see Mr. C at something called "Paramount, Center Pointe". Apparently it's in zone 1.

Anyone happen to be going?

I know we're taking a trip to Cardiff to see the Dr. Who exhibit as well as one to Bath. Picadilly Circus and Mayfair are on the docket as well as the Millennium bridge and other big landmarks. I believe we're staying in a hostel (zone 2) for part of it and an airbnb flat (zone 1, I believe) after my girlfiend joins us.

Any other suggestions, even down to favorite bars? Among other things, I'm looking forward to my first pint of Fuller's ESB from a cask....as well as everything else the city has to offer.
Wilma Treaster
Originally Posted by mostapha
Mr. C at something called "Paramount, Center Pointe".
Paramount is a venue on the top floors of the Centre Point Building in Central London.

I used to work in the Centre Point Building and we had several Corporate Events there.

The views are incredible esp. at evening (see my Photo below)

3392993284_4359aa43ac_b.jpg

Be prepared for expensive drinks though - Paramount is not the cheapest place.

Frag. Out.
Lin Danek
Reading this just makes me realise how much being stuck on the southern tip of Africa limits your options.
Lashawn Maycock
It's funny isn't, I'm the same, only about 2 hours by train to central London (live in the sticks in SW Eng) and about 1.40 ish by car, but rarely go to London - even Bristol feels like a mission sometimes

It's also worth a nose at what remains of the legendary London record shops as well, Blackmarket is still going, Rough Trade and Sister Ray (believe still going?). Its a shame really; used to be an abundant amount and would always rub shoulders with some of the big DJs in them.

Club wise, as mentioned, def worth a visit to Fabric.
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by oliosky
Looks like Hawtin is playing the Brixton Academy on the the bank holiday Sunday Mostapha. With Maya Jane Coles and a bunch of others.
Looks like fun
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
Brixton Academy is worth the price of admission just to be able to say to have been there. Historic venue.
Awesome.
Looks like its sold out. Boo-urns
Damn.

Still, if it's the first sunday....I'm not sure we'd be up for it. The party Mr. C is doing goes 10:30pm to 8am. We arrive at 10:30 after an overevening flight, and I tend to not be able to sleep on planes. Basically, my Friday might end when we stumble back to the hostel or my friend's flat at 9am on Sunday. And Mr. C is an amazing show. I've seen him twice here, and they were both easily in my top 5.
Johnetta Olewine
Looks like its sold out. Boo-urns
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by kooper1980
AWESOME venue!
Brixton Academy is worth the price of admission just to be able to say to have been there. Historic venue.
Kristofer Krauel
Looks like Hawtin is playing the Brixton Academy on the the bank holiday Sunday Mostapha. With Maya Jane Coles and a bunch of others.
AWESOME venue!

Saw Tiesto there (back when he was pretty decent) - one of the best clubbing experiences I've ever had!
Johnetta Olewine
Kristofer Krauel
I went on a trip to Cornwall in the passenger seat of a classic Mini Cooper (Italian Job model - NICE CAR) but I'm 6ft 2! 5 hours in that thing near on crippled me!!
nayit ruiz jaramillo
I'm no stranger to driving across the UK.
Driven to Newquay countless times which is 350 miles from my house and I do it in a classic Mini Cooper which is like driving 350 miles in a large shoe

Driven to Bordeaux, France which is over 800 miles.

I love long car drives. I love driving. I have an ace car, what's not to love.

Its how we do.
It's what you HAVE to do. You wouldn't do it if you didn't need to eh.
Johnetta Olewine
I drove 4.5 hours each way down the coast for the long weekend. Its how we do.

Aaaanyway. London. http://www.residentadvisor.net/events.aspx?ai=13
Kristofer Krauel
Wow. How on earth can you have not been to London in a decade when your country is so small? Its like walking distance from anywhere in the UK to London in comparison to Australia.
Its weird cos where i grew up in the UK i was 3 hr drive from London or just over an hour on the train. BUT I also have only been once in the past 10 years (apart from the odd clubbing event but thats pretty much in and out).

Aussies have a completely different view on travelling. In Perth people believe nothing of travelling 3 hours for a trip to the local wine region most weekends or if its a long weekend they'll travel 7 hours to Esperance or Broom. A "quick trip" to melbourne is a steady 4 hour flight!! Thats like flying to Greece from the UK for the weekend!!
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Lost in translation. You speak Australian.
Johnetta Olewine
The distance is not the issue? What a strange thing to assume.
The cost of traveling within the UK is exorbitant. And I have had no reason to go.

I used to live in London. We go on holiday about 4 times a year and cus I have lived there a visit has been low on priority as opposed to European cities and other countries or in fact other cities in the UK.

Also, as we live 30m North of Manchester and 60m away from Leeds so there are even less reasons to go to London as they are amazing cities and don't cost the best part of
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Wow. How on earth can you have not been to London in a decade when your country is so small? Its like walking distance from anywhere in the UK to London in comparison to Australia.

The distance is not the issue? What a strange thing to assume.
The cost of traveling within the UK is exorbitant. And I have had no reason to go.

I used to live in London. We go on holiday about 4 times a year and cus I have lived there a visit has been low on priority as opposed to European cities and other countries or in fact other cities in the UK.

Also, as we live 30m North of Manchester and 60m away from Leeds so there are even less reasons to go to London as they are amazing cities and don't cost the best part of
Lilliana Perris
Cuz only Aussies go on 'walk abouts'....

LOL
Isa Erik
I'll be in London on the 20th May for 4 days. Not been for over a decade. I love London. I cannot wait.
And me too on 16-21th May.
Any smaller venues in London that you care to recommend?
Johnetta Olewine
Londoners are not bitter. WHat have they got to be bitter about ? (apart from being Southern pussies)

I'll be in London on the 20th May for 4 days. Not been for over a decade. I love London. I cannot wait.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Londoners are not bitter. WHat have they got to be bitter about ? (apart from being Southern pussies)

Kristofer Krauel
Really? Bitter? Not my experience at all.

Fabric is an AWESOME club. A few decent evening s on whilst you are in town: http://www.residentadvisor.net/club-detail.aspx?id=237 Definitely get there if you can. There are also some cool pubs on the embankments of the Thames too - Cutty Sark, the Ship & Whale are decent for afternoon eating and drinking.

Stay away from Wembley Stadium on Saturday 11th as its the FA Cup final so there will be 90,000 football fans descending on the capital.
Nereida Jasnoch
This is an iconic club:
http://www.fabriclondon.com/
So I've heard.

Also don't expect much help with directions from locals. From my experience a vast majority of the people are really bitter.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy