London

London
Posted on: 29.04.2013 by Dorie Scelzo
I'm visiting a friend who's studying at LSE from Saturday the 4th to Sunday the 12th.

On the 4th, we're going to see Mr. C at something called "Paramount, Center Pointe". Apparently it's in zone 1.

Anyone happen to be going?

I know we're taking a trip to Cardiff to see the Dr. Who exhibit as well as one to Bath. Picadilly Circus and Mayfair are on the docket as well as the Millennium bridge and other big landmarks. I believe we're staying in a hostel (zone 2) for part of it and an airbnb flat (zone 1, I believe) after my girlfiend joins us.

Any other suggestions, even down to favorite bars? Among other things, I'm looking forward to my first pint of Fuller's ESB from a cask....as well as everything else the city has to offer.
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by OmniRoss
You haven't been to London for a while have you?!
First time.
Annalisa Shogren
Originally Posted by mostapha
Also, when did it become okay for girls to wear jeans shorts to a club?
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
Generally 'smart casual' means pants mate. Jeans is always a grey area in UK, even if they are the smartest of jeans some security will knock you back. An Oxford is fine, I wear a lot of Oxford shirts. I would ring/email in advance and find out because, as I say it really is completely unpredictable in the UK.
Damn.

I'm not sure I own pants that fit except for suit pants and my tux pants. Looks like I need to run to target before we leave. Shoes are fine. I don't want to bring more than one pair of shoes, but my black shoes are comfortable enough.

Thanks for the warning.
Lashawn Maycock
Originally Posted by sarasin
Bah...you a local then mate! I went to school in Stellies.
heheh

Well if the lottery comes in, it could become a proper reality
Kristofer Krauel
They have no issues letting some prick with a pair of
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Yeah smart jeans is usually acceptable but definitely not 100% and there's no point taking a risk with such a venue especially as he's coming from to far. I always ring ahead and confirm if im out of town.

Dead right about the feet mate. I have a pair of Etnies+, the are shoes in any way you slice it but bouncers believe they are trainers because they are navy blue. They cost quite a bit as well. They have no issues letting some prick with a pair of
nayit ruiz jaramillo
K. So, it's on par with Miami.

What does that dress code actually mean? Can I get away with nice jeans and an oxford, or do I need to pack pants?
Generally 'smart casual' means pants mate. Jeans is always a grey area in UK, even if they are the smartest of jeans some security will knock you back. An Oxford is fine, I wear a lot of Oxford shirts. I would ring/email in advance and find out because, as I say it really is completely unpredictable in the UK.
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by backtothefront
Funnily enough we did visit Spier, which was v nice, also a couple of other vineyards in Stellenbosch, but can't recall off the top of my head. Beautiful part of the world. Also visited a vineyard in Franschoek, but again can't remember the name.

I must add it wasn't all wine for 3 weeks either
Lilliana Perris
Must be probably 7 years ago now (blimey, gone quick that!), we stayed in Gordon's Bay, just along the coast but visited a lot of places around the Western Cape. Really enjoyed visiting the vineyard at Vergelegen, that was pretty amazing
I am in Gordons Bay every weekend. My sister and my GF are neighbours...so 2 birds...one stone.

Chilled place!

We go Root 44 (Mooibergen) on Sundays. Food and Wine market!

You should come again mate!
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by Fraghaggis
I asked my friends who are still working in the Building.

Average Cocktail is between
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by OmniRoss
First time.
Annalisa Shogren
Dorie Scelzo
So.

That was a good evening . Music was...well, Mr. C. The opener was pretty damn good too.

Drinks were more expensive than I expected: I forgot the UK does 50ml pours. I'm used to "2 ounce plus a dash for good measure" pours.

Also jeans & a t-shirt would have worked. They must have relaxed the dress code for the evening .

Dorie Scelzo
Damn.

I'm not sure I own pants that fit except for suit pants and my tux pants. Looks like I need to run to target before we leave. Shoes are fine. I don't want to bring more than one pair of shoes, but my black shoes are comfortable enough.

Thanks for the warning.
Lashawn Maycock
heheh

Well if the lottery comes in, it could become a proper reality
Kristofer Krauel
They have no issues letting some prick with a pair of
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Yeah smart jeans is usually acceptable but definitely not 100% and there's no point taking a risk with such a venue especially as he's coming from to far. I always ring ahead and confirm if im out of town.

Dead right about the feet mate. I have a pair of Etnies+, the are shoes in any way you slice it but bouncers believe they are trainers because they are navy blue. They cost quite a bit as well. They have no issues letting some prick with a pair of
Kristofer Krauel
Its a massive grey area. I always thought smart casual was smart jeans (no tears or weird patterns), shoes and a shirt.

For some reason I always thought the "smart" part was to do with whats on your feet and also meaning your top must have a collar.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
K. So, it's on par with Miami.

What does that dress code actually mean? Can I get away with nice jeans and an oxford, or do I need to pack pants?
Lilliana Perris
Funnily enough we did visit Spier, which was v nice, also a couple of other vineyards in Stellenbosch, but can't recall off the top of my head. Beautiful part of the world. Also visited a vineyard in Franschoek, but again can't remember the name.

Lilliana Perris
Must be probably 7 years ago now (blimey, gone quick that!), we stayed in Gordon's Bay, just along the coast but visited a lot of places around the Western Cape. Really enjoyed visiting the vineyard at Vergelegen, that was pretty amazing
I am in Gordons Bay every weekend. My sister and my GF are neighbours...so 2 birds...one stone.

Chilled place!

We go Root 44 (Mooibergen) on Sundays. Food and Wine market!

You should come again mate!
Dorie Scelzo

nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by Nicky H
Nobody seems to have mentioned most UK folk don't visit London cos 90% is a shithole.

If you want a evening you'll remember try this on Sunday:

http://www.eaglelondon.com/lineup/horsemeatdisco.php
Seen Horse Meat Disco many times. Brilliant guys. I've seen them play amazing sets and I've seen them so absolutely bongoed that they can barely see the records and they still play amazing sets. The mixing is sometimes questionable to say the least but I could care less about that when I see a couple of guys having a ball playing amazing tune after amazing tune.
Annalisa Shogren
I'd go to London more if the tube was 24 hours. Getting from one side to the other in a taxi is BARE BARS.
Lashawn Maycock
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
Still need to do Spier, Kanonkop and some of the Constantia vineyards. God's country.

Janyce Henningson
Nobody seems to have mentioned most UK folk don't visit London cos 90% is a shithole.

If you want a evening you'll remember try this on Sunday:

http://www.eaglelondon.com/lineup/horsemeatdisco.php
Lin Danek
From London to Cape Town with the click of a touch pad. Only on DJTT.
Lin Danek
Still need to do Spier, Kanonkop and some of the Constantia vineyards. God's country.
Lin Danek
Its Workers Day....we don't call it May Day here.
And then I am off again on a Monday soonish....there is another UK holiday coming up right?
The only country in the world that celebrates 'Worker's Day' by taking the day OFF. Go Figure.
Lashawn Maycock
Ahh....you been here have you?

When?
Wilma Treaster
How expensive are we talking? In Atlanta, the big venues tend to have beers around $8 and cocktails around $12 (~5-8 quid). I believe Miami was more and we still made that work a few times.

Dorie Scelzo
Paramount is a venue on the top floors of the Centre Point Building in Central London.

I used to work in the Centre Point Building and we had several Corporate Events there.

The views are incredible esp. at evening (see my Photo below)

Attachment 17277

Be prepared for expensive drinks though - Paramount is not the cheapest place.

Frag. Out.
Dude, that's gorgeous. I can't wait. Apparently it's something of a release party for the new superfreq album (on beatport, amazon, itunes, etc.).

How expensive are we talking? In Atlanta, the big venues tend to have beers around $8 and cocktails around $12 (~5-8 quid). I believe Miami was more and we still made that work a few times.
Lilliana Perris
I wouldn't mind swapping for a bit of Cape Town for a few weeks, love it there If I won the lottery, that's where I'd buy a 2nd home without doubt.
Ahh....you been here have you?

When?
Lilliana Perris
I get UK holidays.....so I am off on Monday too!

The Company i work for is based in London.
Its Workers Day....we don't call it May Day here.

And then I am off again on a Monday soonish....there is another UK holiday coming up right?
Lilliana Perris
Ah man that sucks. Yeah is it May Day in SA ?
Ours is on Monday. Im off all weekend for the first time in a LOOOOOONG time cus it's my stag do on saturday...!!!
I get UK holidays.....so I am off on Monday too!

The Company i work for is based in London.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Its a bloody public holiday here in SA and I gotta work....but dont WANNA!
Ah man that sucks. Yeah is it May Day in SA ?
Ours is on Monday. Im off all weekend for the first time in a LOOOOOONG time cus it's my stag do on saturday...!!!
Lashawn Maycock
LOL...not exactly the tip man. I am on the tip...But yeah....I would love to drive up to Moz sometime....in a NICE vehicle.
I wouldn't mind swapping for a bit of Cape Town for a few weeks, love it there If I won the lottery, that's where I'd buy a 2nd home without doubt.
Lilliana Perris
Well to do that you would need to get off your computer and stop nattering to me on Facebook
Its like that hey??

Its a bloody public holiday here in SA and I gotta work....but dont WANNA!
nayit ruiz jaramillo
I would love to drive up to Moz sometime....
Well to do that you would need to get off your computer and stop nattering to me on Facebook
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
Reading this just makes me realise how much being stuck on the southern tip of Africa limits your options.
LOL...not exactly the tip man. I am on the tip...But yeah....I would love to drive up to Moz sometime....in a NICE vehicle.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy