Xonetacular's Setup

Xonetacular's Setup
Posted on: 25.11.2011 by Romelia Stankard
Now that we can edit threads again I'll post my current setup here for those of you who don't feel like sifting through 26 pages if you are unfortunate enough to be using the default 10 posts per page

dj setup:

I need to take updated pictures-

looks like this

but over here:

studio/modular setup as of june 2012

running genome midi on the ipad into ableton out to the modular- such a nice sequencer and very hands on and nice to use on the ipad. I might eventually switch to an expert sleepers digital audio to CV interface for better latency- I believe the latency on the midi/cv converter is more of an issue than over wireless (and genome has stuff built in to compensate) but that's just a guess. Still useable how it is now.

modular setup as of july 2012:

---------------------------------
original post:
It all started three years ago with two Technics 1200 MK2s, a budget numark mixer, and about 15 vinyl records, and Sond MDR-V6 headphones.

Quickly I realized vinyl was expensive and I decided to get Traktor Scratch Pro

I decided I wanted to upgrade my mixer and get something scratch certified so I got a Mackie d.4 pro

My first attempt at a production setup involved ableton live 7, an MPD32, and a Microkorg

Random X
Damn son, still not bankrupt yet?

Nice additions and nice clean way of setting it up!
Era Roka
This is some serious shizz
Romelia Stankard
sold the virus, bought a machinedrum and built another modular case

Sylvia Greener
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/.../?content=2076

Did they take these pictures in your home studio?!
Birgit Gondal
thats hot man, like, really, really hot. synthesising kicks is one of my favorite production things because i can spend hours tweaking them to get them just perfect, i never was happy with samples... doing it all analog sounds like an easy way to destroy your bank account! MOAR MODULEZ
Brunilda Kora
Jebus - that looks like fun.
Romelia Stankard
6u rack now full, time for a bigger case: (xpost from the modular thread)

I just got the make noise rene sequencer. Having fun with it, it's a pretty deep module and can get some complex sequences, still need to figure it out. Here's a little video of my first jam messing with it.

All sounds 100% from the modular and managed to fit every module in- I was trying to get some sort of snare out of it in there but I kinda ran out of modules. The Rene is playing a 16 step sequence which goes to the piston honda and one of the VCObs. On the Y axis of the sequence I used a separate trigger so each time it changes lines it sends a Y axis trigger which fires the kick which is just a quick envelope on a filtered sine wave. It's kind of fun working within limits and trying to figure out patch ideas and workarounds. I really like the sequencer and not being tied to a computer.

Erich Vallabhaneni
jesus man that looks orgasmic
Kellie Myrum
Wow, that setup is big!
Loreta Altema
Originally Posted by RobotNinja
Nice, Bro! Got some cool/weird wav's or mp3's we can listen to from that rack stuff?
Right!!

When you gonna make us some drum racks or something?!?! lol
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by RockingClub
Looks damn sexy. What has the price for the full rack been now?
$3300
Larraine Hannum
Nice, Bro! Got some cool/weird wav's or mp3's we can listen to from that rack stuff?
Sylvia Greener
Looks damn sexy. What has the price for the full rack been now?
Romelia Stankard

Well my 6u case is now full when my make noise rene sequencer comes next week. I'm going to need a bigger case soon.

will look like this:

no end in sight. I'm going to try to chill for a little bit and finish some tracks before getting a bigger case or expanding.
Garry Cajigas
Your set up was great ! i like this table !
Dorie Scelzo
Fun.
Romelia Stankard
I saw that... it was a spammer, he's gone now

I made a cable holder out of some cheap hair picks

running genome midi on the ipad into ableton out to the modular- such a nice sequencer and very hands on and nice to use on the ipad. I might eventually switch to an expert sleepers digital audio to CV interface for better latency- I believe the latency on the midi/cv converter is more of an issue than over wireless (and genome has stuff built in to compensate) but that's just a guess. Still useable how it is now.
Dorie Scelzo
am I drunk?
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by mostapha
I thought Vinyl played that role…black crack.
wouldn't black tar heroin be more fitting for vinyl?

I guess saying you're running down the street to get some BTH doesn't sound as socially acceptible as saying black crack though

I swear I was talking about a bundle of records
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by m00n
Its the herion/crack of the music world it seems
I thought Vinyl played that role…black crack.
Sylvia Greener
I guess you would also like to "normally do this on sundays":

Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by m00n
Its the herion/crack of the music world it seems..
Yeah pretty much and Sean at analogue haven is everyone's dealer. He's kind of like a nice cartel leader since he is the exclusive US euerorack distribution rights for a lot of stuff and not much competition. I even have email notifications set up monitoring certain pages on that site to send me alerts if they change and certain things come in stock or get added.

Come on sean I placed my order sunday and I know you guys are backed up with other customers from the sale and all but it's friday and I'm fiending here. You said my package would go out two days ago and I'm starting to get eurorack WDs here.

/seriously
Loreta Altema
Originally Posted by cyberphox
thankfully i have no idea what any of that is or what it has to do with DJ'ing so I'm not worried I might have to buy any of it soon!!

Its the herion/crack of the music world it seems.. I've come close to putting a rack together but after reading how it consumes endless amounts of $$$, personal life, and will take you first born if your willing, I believe I will hold onto my grasp of sanity for at least another year or so!! lol
Johnna Callery
thankfully i have no idea what any of that is or what it has to do with DJ'ing so I'm not worried I might have to buy any of it soon!!
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by MWagner
dear god that's amazing
Yeah, that custom case just got finished and posted today, crazy.

This one isn't bad either

Werner Bile
Originally Posted by Xonetacular
what I aspire to

dear god that's amazing
Romelia Stankard
what I aspire to

Romelia Stankard
To be fair being broke is a lot more fun when you have hardware to come home to and can dream about modules all day. Honestly I would be content just messing with modulars and patching even if I never release anything- it's just so fun.

I still want a minitaur myself too but a maschinedrum is a little higher on my list of non modular gear. As long as you dont start eurorack then hardware isn't that addictive- modular screws your perception of money where you will gladly spend more on a single oscillator than full polysynths.

I'm learning so much about synthesis though- there is a lot of stuff in modular that just doesn't exist in standard east coast style subtractive synths.

http://mamonu.weebly.com/east-coast-vs-west-coast.html
Dorie Scelzo
Yeah……hence, me not wanting to get into modular. I'm broke enough as it is, though the Arturia Minimoog V plugin that they gave away a while ago (which sounds awesome, btw) did nothing to sate my desire for a Minitaur.

I'm still just really afraid of buying that first hardware synth. I know if I do…I won't be able to stop.
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by mbox2
what did you use to mount your krk speakers? not the pole mount but the table that actually holds up the speaker and hows its stability?
the top plate from an extra set of floor monitor stands I had- it bolts right in perfecty and is very stable

Originally Posted by guiltyblade
that rack is way beyond me lol.
Originally Posted by MyUsername

DAT GEARSLUTTERY.
I have problems. Mainly that I don't have enough money to fill a 18u case.

I ordered some more modules hopefully they should get here soon- my current rack planner screenshot once the order comes. Such an expensive hobby.

Nereida Jasnoch

DAT GEARSLUTTERY.
Alla Bluemke
that rack is way beyond me lol.
Sara Mashburn
what did you use to mount your krk speakers? not the pole mount but the table that actually holds up the speaker and hows its stability?
Dorie Scelzo
he heha haha hee heha he ahe hae
Era Roka
Originally Posted by drewspuppet
holes are meant to be filled...
me and my dirty mind.
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by drewspuppet
I noticed you left an empty rack space for the Euro...lol..

That's gonna bug.... holes are meant to be filled... I'm sure you'll work it out somehow
piston honda module is coming tomorrow. That will all be filled in the next month or so.
Terra Merigold
I noticed you left an empty rack space for the Euro...lol..

That's gonna bug.... holes are meant to be filled... I'm sure you'll work it out somehow
Romelia Stankard
this can go here too, I'm loving this thing

Romelia Stankard
11.5" deep, if you had stuff a little longer you could always just not make a back for it - most people just throw rails on the stand.
Dorie Scelzo
I actually like that rack. How deep is it?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy