Buying a Mac, Buy now or wait for new Pro to drop.

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Buying a Mac, Buy now or wait for new Pro to drop.Reply
Buying a Mac, Buy now or wait for new Pro to drop.
Posted on: 17.05.2012 by Jenna Skeem
So heres my dillema been having serious issues with my pc so i decided to go mac.

Been researching into macs and discovered that a new MBP Line will be dropping fairly shortly using Mountain Lion.
Do i buy the current late 2011 MBP model and lnow that Serato itch is going to work with lion or wait for the new ones to drop only to discover serato wont work on mountain lion.

Thoughts?

Jay Russ
Linda Chavda
You'd be stupid not to wait, new mbp will be nothing short of brilliant!
Rolanda Clodfelder
Speculation is that the new one will be a total revamp of the MBP, thinner, removal of the optical drive, higher res screens, and my personal thought is they "might" have a SSD OS drive as well as a regular hard drive, either as standard or as a BTO.

I cant imagine Lion not installing on a new model anyhow if needed, worst case scenario when they release the new model - buy the old one from their refurb shop at a hella discount, its only a month to wait and see.

Depends how good a deal you get on the older one at that point.
Nedra Fresneda
Wait for the new line, prices on the actual ones will surely drop. After it wait 2 weeks and check the community s and apple support page to see if there are any reported issues. If there is any deal breaker and still want one of the new ones I don't believe there will be issues installing a fresh copy of Lion on it until the bugs get squashed and drivers updated.

I tried 2 of the dev betas and they seemed pretty stable, can't test Serato tho since I don't own a SL box.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy