Download the VCI-100SE Mapping (3_6_3)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Download the VCI-100SE Mapping (3_6_3)Reply
Download the VCI-100SE Mapping (3_6_3)
Posted on: 23.09.2010 by
DOWNLOAD 3_6_3

Requirements
  • You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.
  • This file is compatible with firmware 1.2/1.3/1.4

To Load this file

• Select the BIG import button in the lower left hand corner of the preferences tab
  • If this is your first time loading the TSI file, please load it 2 TIMES for the fx to load properly.
  • The 1st and 2nd time you run Traktor after importing this TSI file, the controller may lock up in fader fx mode. Just quit and re-open the program twice and the issue should go away.

What Settings to Load

• MIDI: Everyone
  • EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you are using it for the first time to load the FX properly)
  • LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own, modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
  • ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly.

WHAT CHANGED?

• Added support for the high res faders and jogs in firmware 1.4
  • Changed Play to "Re-Play" - Use Shift + Play to Play/Pause.
  • FX preset #4 is improved
  • simplified the FX presets in the effect section (4 knobs and buttons)
  • Removed outside pitch bend in CD-JOG mode (use this mode in vibration heavy clubs)
  • Modified the delay parameters of the ECHO function
  • Pitch Bend sensitivity increased
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by ifazar
Hello everybody,

I search to loop manually tracks with this mapping, using an in and an out cue manually, not with these predefined loops. Do someone know how to do?
Not in this mapping. You can set an 8 beat loop and halve or double it, why would you want anything other than a 1,2,4,8,16 or 32 beat loop?
Dewey Delauney
Originally Posted by KADKAD
remove the led outs for the cue points in juggle mode, and u will not have the glitch noise anymore. it works for me.. it is in the "out" category "modifier #3" in your mapping.. there are 10 bindings.. you have to delete all except for d7 and d#7 which are the leds for juggl1-4 and juggle 5-8...
it works for me
Legend.
Randal Biza
Originally Posted by flashflooder

Ok, due to popular demand, attached as the bottom is the latest VCI-100SE mapping (3_6_3, although I still have them all named 3.6.0 in the tsi's) with the Play button switched back to PLAY/PAUSE and Cue Play back to the Shift+Play function.
Thank you for doing this and saving me the time and effort of trying to figure it out myself! Cheers mate
Georgette Chhor
Originally Posted by Ponke
That would be a good solution. Now I need two hands to use normal play/pause at my right deck.
I have most things working great however there is a problem with the shift + key.

When you shift + key down to the lowest point it will reset and key off. This doesn't happen when you go up. This is very annoying as you have to make sure you don't go all the way to the bottom.

Any ideas as I have tried to find and change bits in the mapping but to no avail.
komodia bee
You are correct, this is a result of you still using FW 1.3. This was a slight oversight on our part when redesigning the firmware and mapping.

In your case I would recommend finding the 3_5_2 VCI-100 mapping (the newest one before firmware 1.4 was released). Most of the features that changed in 3_6 were to accommodate the new 1.4 firmware.
if that's the case, i believe he specification in the first post in this thread should be reviewed, since it says that...

Originally Posted by EanGolden

3.6.3 Requirements
  • You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.
i'm on 1.3, but as i read that i switched the TSI to find.. that the jog wheels do not pitch bend

i'll go back to 3.5.2.

thanks for the hard work fellows!
Leeanna Ayla
You are correct, this is a result of you still using FW 1.3. This was a slight oversight on our part when redesigning the firmware and mapping.

In your case I would recommend finding the 3_5_2 VCI-100 mapping (the newest one before firmware 1.4 was released). Most of the features that changed in 3_6 were to accommodate the new 1.4 firmware.

Here's 3_5_2 if anybody needs it.
Britany Stonerook
Originally Posted by djscribe
ok will do, thanks flashflooder, but the echo in 3_6 is far superior then 3_5_2
and the fx presets are diferent too... :-(
Hipolito Scionti
Tpro 2 is all about in/out loop cue points, hopefully that gets implemented in new mapping though i'm not that fussed. dropping loops by the bar size makes total sense to me
Tatum Ansaldo
wow, live looping on ungridded tracks, good luck with that one. There's no loop in/out in this mapping, it wouldn't be too hard to map apart from the fact that you have a HUGE number of modifiers to figure out before you find somewhere to put it.

That's the one problem with this mapping, making any of your own modifications is a evening mare!
Jorge Conro
Because sometimes with old tracks you can't use a predefined loop, you have to adjust it and it will be more easy to make a cue in and an out one.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by ifazar
Hello everybody,

I search to loop manually tracks with this mapping, using an in and an out cue manually, not with these predefined loops. Do someone know how to do?
Not in this mapping. You can set an 8 beat loop and halve or double it, why would you want anything other than a 1,2,4,8,16 or 32 beat loop?
Dewey Delauney
Originally Posted by KADKAD
remove the led outs for the cue points in juggle mode, and u will not have the glitch noise anymore. it works for me.. it is in the "out" category "modifier #3" in your mapping.. there are 10 bindings.. you have to delete all except for d7 and d#7 which are the leds for juggl1-4 and juggle 5-8...
it works for me
Legend.
Valencia Neudorfer
it works for me
Ammie Deni
any update on fixing the glitches with firmware 4 and latest tsi?
Jorge Conro
Hello everybody,

Randal Biza

Ok, due to popular demand, attached as the bottom is the latest VCI-100SE mapping (3_6_3, although I still have them all named 3.6.0 in the tsi's) with the Play button switched back to PLAY/PAUSE and Cue Play back to the Shift+Play function.
Thank you for doing this and saving me the time and effort of trying to figure it out myself! Cheers mate
Jodi Lacerra
FYI. An updated VCI-100SE mapping (3.6.4) has been posted here: http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=19751

The mapping has been split into FW 1.3 and FW 1.4 versions. Many of the issues brought up have been fixed and some of the functionality has been changed back to the style of older mappings. Please share your feedback on the new thread!
Chu Sukalski
hey flashflooder :-) any progress with the new tsi without shift-glitch and so on?

greets
Jolyn Brunello
after a bit of time left and right jogs dont respond at all or pitch bend in scratch mode.fader fx works fine though.fw 1.4

worked fine before.my guess is the tsi
Leeanna Ayla
It's a known bug. I believe they're working on it.
Georgette Chhor
That would be a good solution. Now I need two hands to use normal play/pause at my right deck.
I have most things working great however there is a problem with the shift + key.

When you shift + key down to the lowest point it will reset and key off. This doesn't happen when you go up. This is very annoying as you have to make sure you don't go all the way to the bottom.

Any ideas as I have tried to find and change bits in the mapping but to no avail.
komodia bee

if that's the case, i believe he specification in the first post in this thread should be reviewed, since it says that...

Originally Posted by EanGolden

3.6.3 Requirements
i'm on 1.3, but as i read that i switched the TSI to find.. that the jog wheels do not pitch bend

i'll go back to 3.5.2.

thanks for the hard work fellows!
Leeanna Ayla

Here's 3_5_2 if anybody needs it.
Britany Stonerook
and the fx presets are diferent too... :-(
Natashia Lotten
Jodi Lacerra
I cant get the outer jog wheels to pitch bend anymore in scratch mode, its this because I still have firmware 1.3? Can anyone help me remap this? IM lost at how to do it.

Natashia Lotten
I cant get the outer jog wheels to pitch bend anymore in scratch mode, its this because I still have firmware 1.3? Can anyone help me remap this? IM lost at how to do it.

Thank you
Rosalind Allon
Thanx for this. Downloaded and will give a spin later toevening . Is there a repository of all previous mappings?
Rosalind Allon
Just got my VCI like an hour ago. Mapping is almost perfect, but why not a normal play/pause?
I agree. I installed this new mapping on another laptop that I took out to a gig last evening and learned real quick that this had changed. LOL I will say though it came natural to just try shift+play to get the desired effect. I've since rolled back this morning. Just curious as to why the change? (haven't read the full thread yet. I'll read on to see if this is covered.)

Rolled back to 3.5.2.
Natashia Lotten
Help I'm Using version 363 with fw 1.3 and I know it has removed outside pitch bend in CD-JOG mode, but it also appears gone in scratch mode too.
Dj Tykarma
The best way would be to create a form on the MIDI mappings section, on which we choose the Play/Cue mode, as well as if we want to fix the FX route glitch or any other option, then we get the right file generated on submit.

I didn't really look closely how a TSI is structured, but this is certainly possible to do with some TSI and HTML/PHP knowledge.
Scarlett Saupp
Personally my preference is for the play/re-play, popular consensus is for play/pause though. Perhaps a quick note in the readme file for those who'd prefer play/re-play so that they can adjust themselves (I'm unsure how simple the change would be though to tell you the truth)
Eneida Mussa
Things I would like would be:
1/ Shift + Key to work on the way down instead of resetting at bottom. Also to make it Key On when you move it instead of leaving it Key off.
2/ Play pause back to previous instead of re-play.
3/ When I press shift all the button led's blink
4/ Gain control doesn't work immediately sometimes, you have to give it a waggle.
5/ Previous chained Fader FX presets

Other than that I am very happy with the updates

Good work
Chu Sukalski
My Hero! :-)

• I have glitch problems if i press the shift or juggle-buttons.
  • The Play-Buttons get from blue back to green if i press shift or any combination with shift. the deck keeps playing, but on the vci the play button do not show it.
  • and i want the old play/pause button back :-)

Thank you!!
Jodi Lacerra
Ok guys, I am going to look into the new glitching issues people are experiencing in the very near future. I also plan to deal with all of the bugs people have mentioned (filter, key, glitch, etc) and change back some of the functionality that we changed in the 3.6 mapping (e.g., the simplified FX section presets, Re-Play on the top layer, etc) to make everyone happy!

So, if you have any requests, bugs, or things you like in the new mapping that are different than before let me know (i.e., post to this thread, PM me, or email me). I will take all of this into account before releasing an update to the VCI-100 mapping.
Sherryl Dvorscak
Originally Posted by gingerman
Do you use win7 64bit too Michler?
I

probably should have posted this here instead of the firmware upgrade thread.....

this may help some folks with the Shift + Filter (Key Shift issue).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannou
OK so the Key modify (Shift + Filter knob) does work, but it's very sensitive.

Hold Shift and turn the Filter knob veeeery slowly to the left or right. You'll see that it will eventually start moving in one direction or the other.

My only gripe with it is that when you set the knob back to the upright position, it turns Key lock off.
I like to keep my songs locked in key regardless of tempo. I'm sure there's a way to stop the TSI from doing that, but i'm not sure where to start.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I just made a modification to the TSI file where I simply 'deleted' the control with the comment of 'Key Control Off: Shift + Filter Knob {FW 1.4}' for each Deck. It seems to fix the issue above for me anyway.

The other greater bonus here is the Going Down in Key (twisting knob left) for each deck works now. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out yet is when you get to the furthest Left Position (where the Indicator on the knob would show '-12.00' the Key 'on/off' led in Traktor Pro Software) the light changes from being lit from 'on' to 'off' (key function is turned on, goes to off), but as soon as you rotate the knob right again to raise the Key up, the Key light indicator turns back on again. So I guess be wary if you are doing a lot of Full Octave Down Key Changes. Other than that, this appears to fix the Key movement going downward for the 1.4 firmware posse.

Anyway else care to give this a try to confirm on their end or there is no other negative effect?
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Michler
I believe its an Win7/64bit problem... no problems with WinXP/32bit
yeah I'm on a fairly new MacBook Pro

Originally Posted by kevinmcq
ive noticed on my vci 100 silver that i upgraded to 1.4 that when i hit the sampler button, the headphone monitor buttons do not blink to the beat of the playing tracks... rather, several buttons blink almost like the controller is in disco mode... as soon as i hit one of the two headphone monitor buttons the sampler does its job as expected and the blinking stops.. any ideas?
I never use the sampler, but I'll see if I can duplicate this toevening .
Odilia Gatica
Originally Posted by Michler
I have a glitch problem (since 3.6.3 and fw 1.4) when I use the juggles's and shift buttons
can you help me?
Do you use win7 64bit too Michler?
Faustina Bierschenk
ive noticed on my vci 100 silver that i upgraded to 1.4 that when i hit the sampler button, the headphone monitor buttons do not blink to the beat of the playing tracks... rather, several buttons blink almost like the controller is in disco mode... as soon as i hit one of the two headphone monitor buttons the sampler does its job as expected and the blinking stops.. any ideas?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy