Mapping Traktor Pro 2 for DJTT VCI-100 SE???

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Mapping Traktor Pro 2 for DJTT VCI-100 SE???Reply
Mapping Traktor Pro 2 for DJTT VCI-100 SE???
Posted on: 16.03.2011 by Silas Sacchi
hy,

there will be a new mapping???

thx
Aprizal Rustarmadi
Originally Posted by deejaygee
All I did was load the latest tsi for tsp from here i did it 2 times, same with the midifihgter.After that i can use my vci100 se like i would on tsp but now on tsp2. Everything is working the same I might be missing some of the things s4 uses some knobs ,but other then that im not having any problems. Even figured out how to use sample decks just hit shift + either slice echo cue or play , and the will start the sample decks .

can you please direct me to the file that enables shift + slice/echo/cue/play to activate sample decks. i'm currently using the file found in the thread: The VCI-100SE 3.6.4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2.... http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28029

it works well but doesnt have the sample deck functionality in it

thank you!
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by DonDodger
....regarding my initial post about there still being no mapping... two months later... still no mapping

are these guys on holiday or something?
or you could do what others have done and map your controller yourself to your likes.
Waylon Domenici
And u didnt answer my question, how do i actually use TP2 since every time i open the software its just Traktor LE even after ive bought and installed the upgrade?
despite the fact that you come across as an arrogant prick, I will advise you on this: Call NI tech support. I guess you will have different support centres in the US, but when I had the same problem with an Absynth update I called their centre in Germany (they speak english) and they were very helpful in getting the issue resolved.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by TrixCDRHard
Please please please can we have a .tsi file to utilize the new features in TP2!!

Will there be a new overlay to go with??

Need so timescales guys!!!

Thanks
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28032

Originally Posted by blancodisco
Thinking about this more... although it would be super duper nice to believe up of an awesome mapping for the VCI-100 to manage/control the 2 Sampler Decks (C+D) on the VCI-100, I'm beginning to change my thoughts here. It may make more sense to use a whole separate controller for the Sampler Decks on their own.

I do wish to find a way on the VCI-100 device... once a loop is in play on Deck A or B to be able to pass it to one of the 8 samplers slot positions... from there, use that additional controller device/hardware to strictly control the sampler features.

Sampler Controls:
Play/Pause
Loop/One Shot
Filter
FX Bank Selecte (1-4)
Volume (1-4)

Something like a Korg Nano Kontrol may work perfectly for the sampler functionality.

Just trying to believe of practical solutions here. Focusing your thoughts of functionality on specific devices instead of the 1 device does all could make things a little easier, although setup may get a little more complicated.

May try to wire something up soon and will share if I make any progress here.
My Mapping is ready...
http://blancodisco.com/downloads/Kor...raktorPro2.zip

Original Blog post here:
http://blancodisco.com/2011/04/09/tr...rol-decks-3-4/

Going to detail it a bit more in the Mappings section of the community .
Josef Haroldsen
Originally Posted by CionniAsDj
i'm working out a tsi with this idea.
the 3.6.4 version but with this option of sample in deck c and d
cool, hope you up it
Elnora Wisegarver
Originally Posted by EuphoricF
You must load that tsi two times like it was needed on Traktor 1.2.x ... then everything works fine.
+1
Elnora Wisegarver
If you hit shift then use the buttons they work the sample decks
Vickey Muh
I have made new mappings for PC and MAC TP2 versions with sample decks covered. I even made the VCI-100 a 4 channel mixer by using the pitchfaders as volume faders for deck c&d.

Check my 2 threads....its in this community about mappings

Cheers DJ Mokmoon
Leia Dacuycuy
Hey Blancodisco,

just wanted to let you know that i've used your template and convert it into and ipad one, and it works damn good
thanks for the share!
Aprizal Rustarmadi
Originally Posted by deejaygee
All I did was load the latest tsi for tsp from here i did it 2 times, same with the midifihgter.After that i can use my vci100 se like i would on tsp but now on tsp2. Everything is working the same I might be missing some of the things s4 uses some knobs ,but other then that im not having any problems. Even figured out how to use sample decks just hit shift + either slice echo cue or play , and the will start the sample decks .

can you please direct me to the file that enables shift + slice/echo/cue/play to activate sample decks. i'm currently using the file found in the thread: The VCI-100SE 3.6.4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2.... http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28029

it works well but doesnt have the sample deck functionality in it

thank you!
Vickey Muh
I am just back in my little paradise and will tell all of you that I will program a new mapping suitable for TP2 windows... The TP2 MAC is already available inn my earlier replies
Julissa Serrone
....regarding my initial post about there still being no mapping... two months later... still no mapping

or you could do what others have done and map your controller yourself to your likes.
Francina Bejan

Waylon Domenici
And u didnt answer my question, how do i actually use TP2 since every time i open the software its just Traktor LE even after ive bought and installed the upgrade?
despite the fact that you come across as an arrogant prick, I will advise you on this: Call NI tech support. I guess you will have different support centres in the US, but when I had the same problem with an Absynth update I called their centre in Germany (they speak english) and they were very helpful in getting the issue resolved.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by TrixCDRHard
Please please please can we have a .tsi file to utilize the new features in TP2!!

Thanks
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28032
Leisha Etemadi

Thanks
Tatum Ansaldo
poll on the subject:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28122

Originally Posted by blancodisco
Thinking about this more... although it would be super duper nice to believe up of an awesome mapping for the VCI-100 to manage/control the 2 Sampler Decks (C+D) on the VCI-100, I'm beginning to change my thoughts here. It may make more sense to use a whole separate controller for the Sampler Decks on their own.

I do wish to find a way on the VCI-100 device... once a loop is in play on Deck A or B to be able to pass it to one of the 8 samplers slot positions... from there, use that additional controller device/hardware to strictly control the sampler features.

Sampler Controls:
Play/Pause
Loop/One Shot
Filter
FX Bank Selecte (1-4)
Volume (1-4)

Something like a Korg Nano Kontrol may work perfectly for the sampler functionality.

Just trying to believe of practical solutions here. Focusing your thoughts of functionality on specific devices instead of the 1 device does all could make things a little easier, although setup may get a little more complicated.

May try to wire something up soon and will share if I make any progress here.
My Mapping is ready...
http://blancodisco.com/downloads/Kor...raktorPro2.zip

Original Blog post here:
http://blancodisco.com/2011/04/09/tr...rol-decks-3-4/

Going to detail it a bit more in the Mappings section of the community .
Josef Haroldsen
cool, hope you up it
Donya Sorensen
I just upgraded to Traktor 2, installed the old tsi... easiest thing in the world, everything works fine! not any Led issue (as many users reported). Using a Macbook Pro btw... I'm trying to map Shift+Deck to change to sample deck mode and use the four buttons to trigger samples, seems a logic step to me
Yuko Armacost
FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY! Got it to work. Fucking midiyolk.
Nick Ross
Damnit you beat me again with a twitter update! That's twice this week!! lol
Leeanna Ayla
From DJTT twitter feed:

Would you like a VCI-100 mapping for Traktor Pro 2? Sign up on the following list to express interest: http://eepurl.com/diocs
Elnora Wisegarver
Originally Posted by EuphoricF
You must load that tsi two times like it was needed on Traktor 1.2.x ... then everything works fine.
+1
Elnora Wisegarver
All I did was load the latest tsi for tsp from here i did it 2 times, same with the midifihgter.After that i can use my vci100 se like i would on tsp but now on tsp2. Everything is working the same I might be missing some of the things s4 uses some knobs ,but other then that im not having any problems. Even figured out how to use sample decks just hit shift + either slice echo cue or play , and the will start the sample decks .Im Having fun learning all this. I cant wait for a tsi to come out fot tsp2 with vci man im gonna have funnnnnnnnnnn..Keep up the great work here Ean ,Karlos ,Bento , Midifidler,Fatlimey , Tekki, Jes C and any one else i failed to mention .Without you guys I would not be where I am today in the digital world thanks guys.
Yuko Armacost
I really still cannot get the VCI to work properly. Can someone export their TSI file and send it to me?
Elnora Wisegarver
If you hit shift then use the buttons they work the sample decks
Yuko Armacost
Yeah I would agree with everyone else, dude chillax (real dictionary word now). If there is something not working with your setup its most likely similar to my problem and unique to the hardware setup. You'll figure it out.
Elnora Wisegarver
THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT!!!!!

SOrry but i bought my fucking VCI a while ago and i still havent been able to use it because i heard traktor pro 2 was coming out so i waited...

Now i download traktor pro 2 for $140 and i theres no mapping? THATS RIDICULOUS!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO SELL HARDWARE, AT LEAST BE READY WHEN THE SOFTWARE HITS THE SHELVES...

SO WHAT NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE PRO 2 MAPPING COMES OUT WITH NO OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE?

SORRY BUT THIS FEELS LIKE SUCH A CON!!!!!
I have to be one of the most tech illiterates on this site and I have everything working fine in tsp2 . My vci100 works good i dont have control over the sample decks ,but working on something . My midifighter is working excellent with the 4 banks mode in tsp and tsp2 .This is one of the best sites around and most helpfull people (thanks Karlos Got it going ) so just read and learn like everyone else here. Was going to take a crack at mapping my mpd 24 to work the sample decks but in the middle of upgrading some gear , getting rid of axiom and keyboard and mpd 24 . Getting apc 40 and launchpad.
Yuko Armacost
Dudes, I did all the typical requirements for getting the VCISE to work for the old Traktor. Its just not working for me. No one else experiancing it? Then its gotta be something related to my computer. Hmmmmm.... suck. Well let's hope TDJ is as awesome as we all know they are.
Francina Bejan
Originally Posted by Bunford
Did you not get your VCI-100SE then? The one with latest firmware and able to run Traktor Pro 3.6.4 mapping? The one that's sold and designed specifically to work with Traktor Pro in the first instance. If you choose to upgrade to Traktor Pro 2 and lose any mapping (which you don't anyway, just lacking some features at the moment), it's your choice. You can't choose to do something and then have a rant at someone else for your lack of foresight/impatient nature.

Again, you're assuming. DJTT don't have to make any mappings at all. In fact, I'm not too sure whether Ean has said anything at all about confirming whether there will be a DJTT mapping or when anything may be ready for TP2 (though I hope there will be something sooner rather than later as I love the work DJTT do and I guess more clued up members will know). It's a perk for us lot and it takes the mundane work out of the process for the majority of us, who are super grateful for their hard work and, like I previously said, understand it take time to get right and are willing to wait for a quality final product rather than a rushed, half-baked job just to please the impatient few.

Or, get off your lazy ass and make your own if you're too impatient to wait and lack the understanding of the process. Or use the default mapping within TP2 if you're too lazy to do that!

Really? I didn't answer your question? Sorry, I missed the question as I switched off from the utter nonsense you spewed before getting there.

For f*** sakes man. Some people!

PS - sorry if this sounds offensive to any mods, just getting sick of reading about these types of impatient requests!

hahahah chill bro dont get excited
Somer Vanstraten
Originally Posted by mmusic
hey,

the T Pro mapping works with TP2, as many have said.

regarding the new mapping, wouldn't it be possible to make each of the buttons under the jog wheels be play/pause buttons for the loop deck(s)?

seems like a logical solution that i haven't seen mentioned in this thread (or i missed it)

anyway, just an idea. i'd love to be able to figure that shit out, but i'd also love to have the time to do that... (though i do try to say thanks for the great help by buying some djtt products)
Josef Haroldsen
hey,

the T Pro mapping works with TP2, as many have said.

regarding the new mapping, wouldn't it be possible to make each of the buttons under the jog wheels be play/pause buttons for the loop deck(s)?

seems like a logical solution that i haven't seen mentioned in this thread (or i missed it)

anyway, just an idea. i'd love to be able to figure that shit out, but i'd also love to have the time to do that... (though i do try to say thanks for the great help by buying some djtt products)
Somer Vanstraten
the unique things that i changed are in the tsi is, deleting the layout change when switching between decks.
Olene Minyard
^ what he said!
Tatum Ansaldo
what he said. Double importing with the big import button and checking your in/out ports should make it work fine just like on TP1.
Keeley Gobble
Originally Posted by spencer4hire
I'm not sure what y'all are talking about but the mapping DOES NOT work for TP2. It seems like the vast majority of the FX mappings are broken along with a few other big problems. For example:

- FX Presets do not work at all.
- Fader FX will work on the plater and the tempo knob but not volume that will just turn the volume up and down.
- When I make a loop active it will not go inactive.
- Loop /2 x2 also turns Key on and off.
- No Way to turn FX 1 or 2 on now.
- The headphone cue button turns on the last preset in the effects panel.
- The Juggle buttons are doing something I don't get in the browser.
- FX Buttons under the knobs ain't working.

And I found those just after 10 minutes of debugging. IMO the numbers of errors and their significance means that the VCI-100SE v3.6.4 PC is incompatible with Traktor Pro 2.

Anyone have a fix? I don't even care about taking advantage of the new shit I just want to be able to use my VCI again. Until then it's back to Ableton for me!
Yuko Armacost
I'm not sure what y'all are talking about but the mapping DOES NOT work for TP2. It seems like the vast majority of the FX mappings are broken along with a few other big problems. For example:

- FX Presets do not work at all.
- Fader FX will work on the plater and the tempo knob but not volume that will just turn the volume up and down.
- When I make a loop active it will not go inactive.
- Loop /2 x2 also turns Key on and off.
- No Way to turn FX 1 or 2 on now.
- The headphone cue button turns on the last preset in the effects panel.
- The Juggle buttons are doing something I don't get in the browser.
- FX Buttons under the knobs ain't working.

And I found those just after 10 minutes of debugging. IMO the numbers of errors and their significance means that the VCI-100SE v3.6.4 PC is incompatible with Traktor Pro 2.

Anyone have a fix? I don't even care about taking advantage of the new shit I just want to be able to use my VCI again. Until then it's back to Ableton for me!
Dora Laffer
Very well lets get back to the T2/VCI discussion.

What I would like to see is the FX section in the top right corner used as sample trigger. The buttons as play and the knobs as volume/filter. Maybe the 2 small buttons over the second knob could change it between filter and volume and the ones right to it from deck C/D?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy