Is this even posible? (mapping question traktor pro)

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Is this even posible? (mapping question traktor pro)Reply
Is this even posible? (mapping question traktor pro)
Posted on: 22.08.2013 by Carlo Penar
Hi guys,

Sorry for my noob questions. Trying to change the setup of my traktopr pro and denon mc-3000.|
Read a lot on the internet and tried some remapping but i can't figure it out. Don't even know if its possible to change the mappings reagrding my questions below. Some questions are mapping related other traktor related i quess?

So i have some questions about the traktor pro i use with my denon mc-3000.

1:
How can i change the behavior of the filter knob on my denon with mapping? Its to sensitive, al little bit input competely kills the music, trying to make it more smooth end less sensitive.

2:
Can i rate an song directly in the brower? Ie, when i have a song selected and playing i just want to rate it by clicking the amount of stars.

3:
How can i configure one of the hardware buttons of the denon to act like a low kill switch? Also want to configure a hardware button to switch the crossfader on/off because i use mostly faders but want to switch rappidly to the crossfader.

4:
When starting a loop, its starts from present position in the song. Can i configure it that it starts from a cue point?

5:
What are the most common FX effects used in trance and club music (120-140bmp). There is so much choice.

7: If i want to scroll tru a song when using the platter how can i speed this up? Sometime my fingers are smoking I know the shift +/- function but want to use the platter when scrolling.

Please don't flame me,

Thanks from Amsterdam
Armando Waithour
and one more time:

this link will help you finding specific midi commands. (hovering the cursor over the knob/button/function you
Armando Waithour
maybe these commands can help you with your crossfader assignments:

xxx.jpg

sorry for these countless postings, but my edit function is messing it all up.
Armando Waithour
changing your cue to LOOP(, load, hotcue or fadeIn/Out) via midi controller use this command and assign it to your controller. cue type.jpg
Armando Waithour
seek position: type of controller should be set to encoder when using jogs (not to Knob/fader as in picture), increasing sensitivity should make scrolling faster!

loop cue: in picture you can see, where to change your Hotcue to loopcue

crossfader: i don
Carlo Penar
Originally Posted by Stewe
(throwing napalm bomb)

1. Sound like relative mode - try change it to direct.
2. Nope.
3. Add in > Mixer > EQ > Low KIll (don't forget to free up the button you want to use off the previous mappings)
Add one toggling modifier and use one of conditions to determine the crossfader state on. (also free up that button)
4. Sure, map a cue point to the same button as your loop set.
5. Ramp delay, Beatmash etc.
Where's 6?
7. Find 'Seek Position" command and increase the rotary sensitivity.
Hi

1,2 3 are changed and working

Still need some advise about crossfader, 4 and 7

Cant find a way how to determine the stat of the crossfader. How can i assign a button on my controler for switching he crossfader on and off instead of using my mouse to switch it of with the little A and B on my laptop screen.

Trying to start a loop from m cue point. Can i use an button to switch between normal cue's and loop cue's? I can add an loop cue but i need the mouse to change it to loop (where is cue, fade in, fade-out etc) Want to add an loop cue on the fly using an secondary button.

Can't find the rotary sensitifity, how can i change this?

thanks
Carlo Penar
(throwing napalm bomb)

2. Nope.
3. Add in > Mixer > EQ > Low KIll (don't forget to free up the button you want to use off the previous mappings)
Add one toggling modifier and use one of conditions to determine the crossfader state on. (also free up that button)
Where's 6?
Hi stewe

Got point 1 ad 3 working. Still strugeling with the crossfader button and the seek posiion.
Cant figure out a way how to find the condition of the crosfader state. I want to switch it of with the use of one button,not by clicking the a and b button in raktor with my mouse.

Seek position can find the rotary sensitivity....

thanks mate
Carlo Penar
(throwing napalm bomb)

2. Nope.
Where's 6?
Hi guys, thanks for answering.

I will try to alter my mapping, i looked in to it but for me it stills looks acacadabra
Hope that i will find it and change the right setting.

Thanks again for the advise!
Armando Waithour
2: in traktor
Carlo Penar
Hi guys,

Sorry for my noob questions. Trying to change the setup of my traktopr pro and denon mc-3000.|
Read a lot on the internet and tried some remapping but i can't figure it out. Don't even know if its possible to change the mappings reagrding my questions below. Some questions are mapping related other traktor related i quess?

So i have some questions about the traktor pro i use with my denon mc-3000.

1:
How can i change the behavior of the filter knob on my denon with mapping? Its to sensitive, al little bit input competely kills the music, trying to make it more smooth end less sensitive.

2:
Can i rate an song directly in the brower? Ie, when i have a song selected and playing i just want to rate it by clicking the amount of stars.

3:
How can i configure one of the hardware buttons of the denon to act like a low kill switch? Also want to configure a hardware button to switch the crossfader on/off because i use mostly faders but want to switch rappidly to the crossfader.

4:
When starting a loop, its starts from present position in the song. Can i configure it that it starts from a cue point?

5:
What are the most common FX effects used in trance and club music (120-140bmp). There is so much choice.

7: If i want to scroll tru a song when using the platter how can i speed this up? Sometime my fingers are smoking I know the shift +/- function but want to use the platter when scrolling.

Please don't flame me,

Thanks from Amsterdam
Carlo Penar
Thank you all!!!

Worked fine.......great help!

Asigned 2 buttons on my midi controler to quickly activate the crossfader. No i dont have to use the mouse
Kellie Myrum
One toggling modifier should do the trick for the crossfader.
Armando Waithour
and one more time:

this link will help you finding specific midi commands. (hovering the cursor over the knob/button/function you
Armando Waithour
maybe these commands can help you with your crossfader assignments:

xxx.jpg

sorry for these countless postings, but my edit function is messing it all up.
Armando Waithour
changing your cue to LOOP(, load, hotcue or fadeIn/Out) via midi controller use this command and assign it to your controller. cue type.jpg
Armando Waithour
seek position: type of controller should be set to encoder when using jogs (not to Knob/fader as in picture), increasing sensitivity should make scrolling faster!

loop cue: in picture you can see, where to change your Hotcue to loopcue

crossfader: i don
Carlo Penar
(throwing napalm bomb)

2. Nope.
Where's 6?
Hi

1,2 3 are changed and working

Still need some advise about crossfader, 4 and 7

Cant find a way how to determine the stat of the crossfader. How can i assign a button on my controler for switching he crossfader on and off instead of using my mouse to switch it of with the little A and B on my laptop screen.

Trying to start a loop from m cue point. Can i use an button to switch between normal cue's and loop cue's? I can add an loop cue but i need the mouse to change it to loop (where is cue, fade in, fade-out etc) Want to add an loop cue on the fly using an secondary button.

Can't find the rotary sensitifity, how can i change this?

thanks
Carlo Penar
(throwing napalm bomb)

2. Nope.
Where's 6?
Hi stewe

Got point 1 ad 3 working. Still strugeling with the crossfader button and the seek posiion.
Cant figure out a way how to find the condition of the crosfader state. I want to switch it of with the use of one button,not by clicking the a and b button in raktor with my mouse.

Seek position can find the rotary sensitivity....

thanks mate
Carlo Penar
(throwing napalm bomb)

2. Nope.
Where's 6?
Hi guys, thanks for answering.

I will try to alter my mapping, i looked in to it but for me it stills looks acacadabra
Hope that i will find it and change the right setting.

Thanks again for the advise!
Armando Waithour
2: in traktor
Kellie Myrum
(throwing napalm bomb)

2. Nope.
Where's 6?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy