Launchpad [Traktor 2] Full 4 Deck + Instant Gratification Mapping

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Launchpad [Traktor 2] Full 4 Deck + Instant Gratification MappingReply
Launchpad [Traktor 2] Full 4 Deck + Instant Gratification Mapping
Posted on: 28.07.2011 by Jeremiah Rothenburger
Hey DJTT,
Bringing you another Launchpad mapping, this time with the Instant Gratification FX.

Like this mapping but don't want Instant Gratification? Checkout: http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...535#post272535

Download
Includes the Traktor .TSI file which should be imported through the controller manager. The layout.txt for Midikatapult, the text file should be placed in the Midikatapult folder,
and the images outlining each buttons functions on each page of the mapping.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/CGQDlKMS/...nstant_Gr.html

Note that the Instant Gratification .TSI has to downloaded seperately from DJTT's Mappings section, find it here: http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=29351
More information on this on the bottom of this post.

Page Layouts
Page 1

Pages 2-5

Pages 6&9

Page 7

Page 8

How to make it work
To be able to use this mapping with Traktor 2, 2 programs are needed as wel as the Instant Gratification Mapping.

Programs

1. MidiKatapult - A program for the Launchpad that allows you to customise its layouts, button functions and it also allows you to create multiple layout pages,
Download & More info on the website : http://www.midikatapult.com/

2. A Virtual Midi Port Driver such as
Loopbe1: http://nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html
Midiyoke: http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http....com/myoke.htm
LoopMIDI: http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/loopMIDI.html

Note: For LED Feedback to function properly make sure you are using 2 different ports for each input and output. Also, If LED feedback is not active when Traktor is launched, simply relaunch MidiKatapult

My LoopMIDI example :
Katapult : Input = Launchpad 2
Output = Launchpad 1
Traktor : Input = Launchpad 1
Output = Launchpad 2

For more information on how to get MidiKatapult to work visit the community s at : http://community .midikatapult.com/

Instant Gratification Mapping
Download the Instant Gratification Mapping from the DJTT website:
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=29351

Import the downloaded .TSI through: Traktor 2's Preferences --> Import.
Make sure you only select:
- Controller Mappings &
- Effect Settings

(IMPORTANT NOTE: This changes all your current effect settings and REPLACES your controller mappings so make sure you have those BACKED-UP! You can re-import the mappings after)

Finally make sure that the IN/OUT ports are set to the same ones as my .TSI file and you should be good to go.

Enjoy!
Malisa Penge
Originally Posted by Gil-Chill
make sure you're using the ipmidi ports for each of the four instant gratification mappings in the controller mappings list as well as my mapping. If that doesn't fix it or you're doing that already im kinda running outta ideas since i don't use these mappings and midikatapult anymore, sorry man.
Okay I got deck C and D working but for some reason Deck A and B is compleatly inresponsive.

Screen shot 2012-06-12 at 22.34.25.png

They are all set to the same ports so it should work?
Malisa Penge
You need an external virtual midi port for midikatapult to work with traktor and the instant gratification mapping. make sure you follow the instructions on the first page of the thread, everything on how to make it work is on there.
Okay now I've got that, I'm using IPMidi on my mac, with 2 ports. Still nothing happens when I press the buttons for the Insta Gratification mapping. Everything els works apart from the effects.

A strang thing though: If i try to activate the effects manually, the launchpad just goes balls-up and displays random colors.

Thanks for all the help man.
Malisa Penge
If it keeps overwriting the mapping make sure you're not using the big import button in the preferences menu, instead go to preferences->controller manager->add...->import
Thank you now they both show up in the controller manager, but the gratification mapping still dosent work. I am using the traktor virtuel ports for ins and outs. It seems to be the only ports working with Katapult.
Jeremiah Rothenburger
Originally Posted by RuneMK
Thanks man. Some questions though.

So first you import the Insta Gratification mapping .tsi file from DTT and THEN you import the launchpad .tsi file? Whenever I do, importing one .tsi seem to overwrite the other. I can get the launchpad mapping to function just fine, with transport controls, filters and all that, but I can't get the insta gratification mapping to work.

Any help would be apperciated.
If it keeps overwriting the mapping make sure you're not using the big import button in the preferences menu, instead go to preferences->controller manager->add...->import
Malisa Penge
Reuploaded

So first you import the Insta Gratification mapping .tsi file from DTT and THEN you import the launchpad .tsi file? Whenever I do, importing one .tsi seem to overwrite the other. I can get the launchpad mapping to function just fine, with transport controls, filters and all that, but I can't get the insta gratification mapping to work.

Jeremiah Rothenburger
Hey mate!
Glad you like my mapping.
I won't be able to help you alot though because as you might have noticed I haven't been very active with midikatapult or even midi mapping in a long time. So I also kinda forgot how katapult works.

If I recall correctly you would simply have to add another page through the layout.txt file. Go to the bottom of the document and type "page x" x being the desired page number. Now that you have added a new page you will have to add in buttons. I'ts been a long time for me so you're probably on your own for this one :P. Just look at the text and hopefully you will kinda get how it works, it's pretty straightforward. Once you're finished adding in buttons you will have to map the page in traktor. You will probably have to re-create the CTC mapping.

Sorry i can't be of much more help, but like I said, it's been a long time for me.
Hopefully this will help you on your way!
Laree Carse
hi there,

i really love your mapping for traktor that uses katapult

i do have one niggle though.i have been using this mapping to control some of my sampler packs, https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1896 and in fact to trigger ones that i have made myself. the issue is that with your mapping there is a limit of 8 samples- deck C and D used toegther, but with the CTC i can have the full sample controls for the packs and then there are no limits!

i was wondering is it possible for me to somehow combine jwill's mapping with yours on an additional page, so that i get this control? I am not sure how to program this in, i have mapped midi devices before but i am really unclear on how to add a page this way.

this would then allow me full control of the sample decks and no limits on the number of samples i can use.

help would be really appreciated mate.

thanks

Forthaven
Jeremiah Rothenburger
Seeing from your pic everything seems to be set up properly, so in that case it probably means the problem is coming from somewhere else, could be something in your effects settings not configured properly?
sorry for the late reply btw.
Malisa Penge
make sure you're using the ipmidi ports for each of the four instant gratification mappings in the controller mappings list as well as my mapping. If that doesn't fix it or you're doing that already im kinda running outta ideas since i don't use these mappings and midikatapult anymore, sorry man.
Okay I got deck C and D working but for some reason Deck A and B is compleatly inresponsive.

Screen shot 2012-06-12 at 22.34.25.png

They are all set to the same ports so it should work?
Jeremiah Rothenburger
Malisa Penge
You need an external virtual midi port for midikatapult to work with traktor and the instant gratification mapping. make sure you follow the instructions on the first page of the thread, everything on how to make it work is on there.
Okay now I've got that, I'm using IPMidi on my mac, with 2 ports. Still nothing happens when I press the buttons for the Insta Gratification mapping. Everything els works apart from the effects.

A strang thing though: If i try to activate the effects manually, the launchpad just goes balls-up and displays random colors.

Thanks for all the help man.
Jeremiah Rothenburger
Malisa Penge
Thank you now they both show up in the controller manager, but the gratification mapping still dosent work. I am using the traktor virtuel ports for ins and outs. It seems to be the only ports working with Katapult.
Jeremiah Rothenburger
Originally Posted by RuneMK

Malisa Penge
Reuploaded

Jeremiah Rothenburger
Reuploaded
Malisa Penge
Links are down, could they please be refreshed?
Audrea Raham
I cant find the txt or tsi file i need to get this to work, can you please help?
Bianca Picot
Thanks for the quick reply inbox me when you can!
Jeremiah Rothenburger
Originally Posted by humantraffic
PM'ed you but I'll post here just incase you read this and not your inbox or vice-versa...

Hey man, first of all wanna thank you for the incredible katapult mapping of yours, it's just fantastic... unfortunately I'm having some issues with it. I've been able to set up loopmidi, import all 5 of the .tsi files, and get the main one from your mapping working, meaning I can get the launchpad to control all of the functions within traktor (deck controls, eq controls etc, and damn is that master volume feedback nice) the only trouble I'm having is getting the midifighter function on pages 6 & 9 working... page 9 is identical to page 1 in both layout and function (meaning it does all the deck controls) and while page 6 looks like its laid out to be used as a midifighter, nothing happens aside from the buttons lighting up when I push them. I have imported and re-imported the .tsi for the midifighter mapping several times, using both the big import button as well as the import button in the dropdown within the controller editor to see if that was the cause, as well as trying different input/output routings in the controller editor for said .tsi files within traktor to no avail.

This is such a great mapping and I'm torn between using it or another midifighter mapping I've been able to get working... it functions fine as a midifighter but can't do much of anything else. If you have any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong or if I'm using an outdated file or something (maybe i'm importing the .tsi files in the wrong order? opening programs in the wrong order?) I'd super appreciate the help on top of everything you've already done for me.

Also, one more thing this is the other mapping I was talking about

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=169

above each midifighter square there is a beat phase LED which I believe is a super nice touch, just gives visual confirmation to beatmatching. The top 8 circular buttons are being unused in your sexy, sexy mapping so if you wanted to steal/incorporate that into yours no one would ever need a different solution... just a thought

Edit: should mention that I tried switching from 2 fx to 4 fx modes and back again
Hey man sorry for the bit late reply, very good to hear you like the mapping alot, i cant really help at the moment though, because i dont have traktor installed on my computer (just reinstalled windows etc) but i will install it asap and look into ur problem. Should have something for you tomorrow so hang in there! :P
Bianca Picot
PM'ed you but I'll post here just incase you read this and not your inbox or vice-versa...

Hey man, first of all wanna thank you for the incredible katapult mapping of yours, it's just fantastic... unfortunately I'm having some issues with it. I've been able to set up loopmidi, import all 5 of the .tsi files, and get the main one from your mapping working, meaning I can get the launchpad to control all of the functions within traktor (deck controls, eq controls etc, and damn is that master volume feedback nice) the only trouble I'm having is getting the midifighter function on pages 6 & 9 working... page 9 is identical to page 1 in both layout and function (meaning it does all the deck controls) and while page 6 looks like its laid out to be used as a midifighter, nothing happens aside from the buttons lighting up when I push them. I have imported and re-imported the .tsi for the midifighter mapping several times, using both the big import button as well as the import button in the dropdown within the controller editor to see if that was the cause, as well as trying different input/output routings in the controller editor for said .tsi files within traktor to no avail.

This is such a great mapping and I'm torn between using it or another midifighter mapping I've been able to get working... it functions fine as a midifighter but can't do much of anything else. If you have any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong or if I'm using an outdated file or something (maybe i'm importing the .tsi files in the wrong order? opening programs in the wrong order?) I'd super appreciate the help on top of everything you've already done for me.

Also, one more thing this is the other mapping I was talking about

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=169

above each midifighter square there is a beat phase LED which I believe is a super nice touch, just gives visual confirmation to beatmatching. The top 8 circular buttons are being unused in your sexy, sexy mapping so if you wanted to steal/incorporate that into yours no one would ever need a different solution... just a thought

Edit: should mention that I tried switching from 2 fx to 4 fx modes and back again
Hortencia Kasselman
Thank you! I
Jeremiah Rothenburger
alright finally got to reupload it , here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?p6y34bkfycve22j
Hortencia Kasselman
Oh no.. :eek:

Thanks anyways for the reply.. I
Jeremiah Rothenburger
Sorry for the late reply but ive hadnt had access to internet for a quite awhile and unfortunately i now only do on my phone, meaning i cant reupload the mapping till i get internet on my computer.. Should be up in about 1-2weeks if all goes well, sorry for the wait but there isnt much i can do about it right now..
Hortencia Kasselman
As Megaupload is down, the .tsi file is not available anymore.. Is there any possibility to get it somewhere else? :-)

Thank you. :-)
Dong Rosendale
Nice work man! So all the mapping actually happens by writing the txt file for katapult?
All seems great, now if I could only get the instant fx working. I did set them in Traktor with the same outport and inport as the launchpad (loopmidi1 & loopmidi2). And the Fx show up on the launchpad they just don't trigger anything in Traktor.

Anyway a little feedback: It would ne nice if I could delete the hotcues separetely e.g. by pressing shift and the hot cue that I want to delete. I know that shift is for loops, but maybe you could figure something out
Dong Rosendale
This mapping is HUUUGE! Gotta try it out. Hopefully everything will work.
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by ManzanitaPR
Oh, do tell me more.

Now that sounds interesting lol... And thanks for all the help guys, really do appreciate it
download and info on midimasher is in my sig. hopefully be releasing a full(ish) launchpad mapping this weekend, tho there's already a skeleton one in the release that has 4 pages with full led recall on page switching and "twitch style" pad areas at the bottom of page1 along with a 4banks midifighter on page1 that u just use with the vanilla instant grat tsi etc

if u looked at that (config/launchpad.lua) and something like config/lpd8.lua and devices/traktor.lua you'll soon work out how to edit configs.

(some) documentation will be coming soon tho.
Lizzette Flavell
Originally Posted by zestoi
there is ofc a free alternative to katapult which does all the same stuff and a whole heap more - plus means u don't have to actually use the traktor controller editor to create your custom mapping
Oh, do tell me more.

Now that sounds interesting lol... And thanks for all the help guys, really do appreciate it
Chasidy Heckenbach
and to kinda keep away from katapult for now as its pretty buggy and stuff
there is ofc a free alternative to katapult which does all the same stuff and a whole heap more - plus means u don't have to actually use the traktor controller editor to create your custom mapping
Jeremiah Rothenburger
I want to get myself a launchpad to use as a sort of an all in one controller for trakor till i get myself a vci100.. anyways.. my question is, how do i modify your mapping into what i want? I've searched for quite a while now but i have found nothing on this, and the midikatapult community s are closed...
Ye man if you want to create your own mapping its going to require you quite some effort but then, you get the freedom to do anything you want with it. My advice though would be to just map the launchpad through traktor and to kinda keep away from katapult for now as its pretty buggy and stuff, i stopped using it myself after purchasing as it just got too annoying in my opinion. Experiment with it and just try mapping functions to launchpad buttons in traktor, its pretty straightforward, at least thats the way i learned it :P
Chasidy Heckenbach
I want to get myself a launchpad to use as a sort of an all in one controller for trakor till i get myself a vci100.. anyways.. my question is, how do i modify your mapping into what i want? I've searched for quite a while now but i have found nothing on this, and the midikatapult community s are closed...
ah yep, i noticed that. it had been quite spammy for a while.

info on how to configure katapult is all in the pdf that u download. there was never all that useful on the community except for the authors notes about the up coming version 2, which i hope will still get released as it's supposed to allow user code mods.

the katapult config changes the virtual controls and can change what midi gets sent out, most of the real work is done in traktor.

if u want to move a button say from the bottom to the top of a page then u mod the katapult layout file first, then have to edit it in traktor as it will now be sending/receiving different midi.
Lizzette Flavell
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by Rukks
OMG, I am kind of an idiot but at the same time you just made mapping make sense for me. Thank you, just looking through all the pads in controller editor I can see they all send different notes...did a little digging and after that it all makes sense. here comes my mapping
awesome welcome to the world of midi and traktor mapping... it's not all bad
Lang Abriel
OMG, I am kind of an idiot but at the same time you just made mapping make sense for me. Thank you, just looking through all the pads in controller editor I can see they all send different notes...did a little digging and after that it all makes sense. here comes my mapping
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by Rukks
Quick question, how do you make layers with this type of controller if you were to just use the traktor mapping.

I am in the process of making a maschine midi mapping and am trying to toggle through layers using the A-G commands on the maschine controller, I'm new to mapping so I figured you might be able to give me some info on how to set up different pages(layers) using the controller editor and or traktor.
the layers are handled by midikatapult. it sends out the same note/cc (i forget which) for each pad no matter what page - but sends it on a different midi channel. so they're all completely different things to map in traktor.

i don't know much about maschine (sadly ) but i'm sure you could do the same kind of thing by assigning the same note/cc to each pad in each bank, but changing the midi channel for each. tho u don't need to do that - just make sure each pad sends out something different.
Lang Abriel
Quick question, how do you make layers with this type of controller if you were to just use the traktor mapping.

I am in the process of making a maschine midi mapping and am trying to toggle through layers using the A-G commands on the maschine controller, I'm new to mapping so I figured you might be able to give me some info on how to set up different pages(layers) using the controller editor and or traktor.
Jeremiah Rothenburger
hmm, sorry but as much as id like to help, i dont use mac :P maybe try checking out the midikatapult community s for some troubleshooting info, as far as i know it should work.
also, the mapping relies on katapult as it allows for different pages, etc on the launchpad so unfortunately it wont work without katapult
Dell Twisselman
but you can have the same mapping without Katapult?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy