MIDI Out for Select/Store Hotcue using color pads on F1 - Help

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: MIDI Out for Select/Store Hotcue using color pads on F1 - HelpReply
MIDI Out for Select/Store Hotcue using color pads on F1 - Help
Posted on: 20.11.2013 by Kathleen Mcoy
Hi all,

I am mapping the Select/Store Hotcue to pads on my F1. I'm trying to get the out working to show the right color based on the hot cue type using the fewest number of modifiers.

I thought that I could accomplish this buy creating one mapping command for each cue type and setting the Controller Range to identify the cue type that should be in affect.

-1 - no mapping
0 - Grid
1 - Cue Point
2 - Load
3 - Fade In
4 - Fade Out
5 - Loop

So, I assumed that (for example) if I had Pad 1 mapping set to Cyan for Hotcue 1 when Controller Range is set to 1 - 1 then the button should be Cyan and when the mapping is set to Green with a controller range of 5 - 5 then the button would be either Cyan or Green depending on if the stored hot cue was a cue point or a loop.

However, this doesn't seem to work. The only way I have been able to get any success was by doing it differently using a modifier to check the Hotcue state. Though, I would really like to not use that modifier condition as I would like to use that condition check for something else.

What I am misunderstanding about the controller range? Can I get it to work so that I can control the color of the pad without using modifiers?

Cheers!
Kathleen Mcoy
Hi all,

I am mapping the Select/Store Hotcue to pads on my F1. I'm trying to get the out working to show the right color based on the hot cue type using the fewest number of modifiers.

I thought that I could accomplish this buy creating one mapping command for each cue type and setting the Controller Range to identify the cue type that should be in affect.

-1 - no mapping
0 - Grid
1 - Cue Point
2 - Load
3 - Fade In
4 - Fade Out
5 - Loop

So, I assumed that (for example) if I had Pad 1 mapping set to Cyan for Hotcue 1 when Controller Range is set to 1 - 1 then the button should be Cyan and when the mapping is set to Green with a controller range of 5 - 5 then the button would be either Cyan or Green depending on if the stored hot cue was a cue point or a loop.

However, this doesn't seem to work. The only way I have been able to get any success was by doing it differently using a modifier to check the Hotcue state. Though, I would really like to not use that modifier condition as I would like to use that condition check for something else.

What I am misunderstanding about the controller range? Can I get it to work so that I can control the color of the pad without using modifiers?

Cheers!
Kellie Myrum
Not an option I'm afraid. I don't have ether of this controllers so the "mapping in dark" would require a lot of testing. And since I have new projects coming I'll have zero free time to waist by sending you test mappings.
Brunilda Kora
I believe I should just pay you, Stewe. Gonna be a combination of the existing Zomo MC1000 4 deck mapping, and some stuff I want to map across 4 decks for the Dicers...

It'll take me a while to write up what the mapping should do, but I've upgraded to 2.6.5 so at least I can test map pings that you make. I'll PM you soon with some real details...
Kellie Myrum
Dang... Perhaps should be easier to send me one so I can make you some mappings
Brunilda Kora
Nope, don't understand.
Kellie Myrum
It really is. Because all this assignments are mapped to a single button. (hotcue 1 type)

You would need to repeat this process for each cue.
Brunilda Kora
Stewe - that looks to me like it's sending the same midi out no mater what the Cue Type (Ch02.Note.A#1).

What am I missing,mate???
Kellie Myrum
Here you go

Brunilda Kora
Yeah - but I haven't got round to trying it yet, and I'd love to see a screen grab...

(I've nearly got modifiers down - my brain is just DYING to make those last few connections!!!!)
Kellie Myrum
Didn't I explain on how to in one of your thread?
Brunilda Kora
Could you post a screen grab of the mapping for this?
Kellie Myrum
You're welcome.
Kathleen Mcoy
Bummer, was really hoping there was a way to do it without requiring a modifier. Thanks anyhow.
Kellie Myrum
Leave controller range to min -1 max 5 and assign hotcue state modifier with correct value (clear, cue, fade in, etc..)

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy