Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.Reply
Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.
Posted on: 26.01.2011 by Demetra Pinizzotto
In another thread I added two small tutorials for mapping in traktor.
It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.
This way every one can get new ideas and learn how to map their own.

The format is:
title with subject
description of the mapping, (maybe a very short video to show it)

text explanation in steps
screen shots of the mapping window.

see my two tutorials down here.
Lyle Shopp
still no luck mate... the only way i can get this working is by routing the led output of the particular mod to beat phase.. however a blinking led is not what im looking for as it always tends to fall on either the on or off once changed and looks a bit messy...
Chasidy Heckenbach
what stewe wrote looks like it should work and he's right about using values 1,2,3,4 and not 0,1,2,3 as i said else the first one isn't likely to ever light up an led afaik you'd just need to make sure you pressed at least one of the layer select buttons before using any others ofc as the modifier will be set to 0 by default and so none of the other buttons will do very much...
Kellie Myrum
I know what you are needing it for and those settings will do. Did you try to set blend on or off. It has different behavior on some controllers.

Add in modifier #1
Type of controller - Button
Interaction mode - Direct
Set to value - 1
Add out modifier #1
Controller range - 1 to 1

Add in modifier #1
Set to value - 2
Controller range - 2 to 2

Add in modifier #1
Set to value - 3
Controller range - 3 to 3

Add in modifier #1
Set to value - 4
Controller range - 4 to 4
Lyle Shopp
hey stewe thanks for your reply i couldnt get your theory to work

i am trying to get the led signal into 4 different modifiers which i have working but my trouble is only one can be lit up at a time so i know what mode I am in..
Lyle Shopp
thanks mate.. you made me realise where i was going wrong... how bout the led?? i can only seem to keep the led on when selecting the different mods..

led 1
modifier 1 output
modifier conditions m1 = 0

led 2
modifer 1 output
modifier conditions m1 = 1

led 3
modifier 1 output
modifier conditions m1 =2

is this correct??
Chasidy Heckenbach
not too familiar with it but i have done similar things. it's been a while since i did any mapping in traktor tbh (i use mixxx these days) but you should just be able to use one modifier with values 0,1,2,3 for the different layers, where 0 is for the default layer. for the modifiers use type=button and mode=direct and select the values you want. then for the actual layered controls use the modifier values as a condition.
Lyle Shopp
thanks mate.. are you familiar with flashflooders mapping of the vci 400 eg edition.. i am trying to recreate his performance grid section.. he uses four buttons to interchange the grid section functions.. in my mapping i have to toggle the selected mod button off before i can move to the next mod.. i want to eradicate the toggling and just hit the next button instead.. i hope this makes sense
Chasidy Heckenbach
probably don't need 4 modifiers, just one modifier with 4 different values. or 5 if you want a state where all controls are off. then by definition when one control is on the other 3 are off.
Lyle Shopp
Could anyone 1 help me.. Not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere before... Im looking for 4 modifiers so each each time you press 1 of the mods on the other 3 remain off... I can only figure this out by toggling therefore having to push each mod twice to turn it on then off.. also involved with this would be having the led light show which modifier was currently on...

also does anyone know the led lighting codes for the vci 400 normal edition i can only get the yellow state...

thanks a million
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by robcifre
I wanted to map deck a and c on my left side of my S2, so hot cue lights stay lit up... any idea how i can switch between modes and clear lights? in deck c mode i just had the hot cues green. and then back in deck a, it should just show the hot cues, normally 1 or 2.. so 3 and 4 should turn off. any ideas?
You can check this four deck mapping for S2. I got hotcue LED's working properly (blue and green) in there so you can ether copy this settings to you mapping or edit mine how ever you like.

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=417
Angella Mosiniak
Originally Posted by robcifre
I wanted to map deck a and c on my left side of my S2, so hot cue lights stay lit up... any idea how i can switch between modes and clear lights? in deck c mode i just had the hot cues green. and then back in deck a, it should just show the hot cues, normally 1 or 2.. so 3 and 4 should turn off. any ideas?
Are you saying that the lights seem "stuck" on? Try using a "send monitor state" command. It will set the lights to their correct state.
Kellie Myrum
Hi all. Here is a tip for you guys who own controllers which doesn't completely cut off any of three band EQ's frequencies like for example Kontrol S2, S4 and many more (including mine). Since we got "EQ kill" feature in Traktor all we have to do is to map two additional commands for each of EQ knobs. In theory, what this trick does is to engage "EQ kill" function when you adjust any of EQ knobs all the way left to zero value. Setup should look like this:

Add in> Mixer> EQ kill>
-Type of controller/Button
-Interaction mode/Hold
-Button options/Invert

Add in> Mixer> EQ kill>
-Type of controller/Button
-Interaction mode/Direct
-Set to value/0

Edit:

EQ knob total cut.tsi

Download tsi and map all three commands from it to same knob for a quick test. Hope anyone find this usefull
Lulu Kalkowski
Latrice Atcherson
***** BIBLICAL NEWS *****

Someone's found a way to change an effect selection and turn it on using one button.. no more double presses!!!

Originally Posted by DJ MiCL
Hey now. I haven't tested it enough to call it bug free but it looks like there is a solution if hold interaction works for you.

(1) Map the same button to:
Effect selector 1 (or 2 or 3)/button/direct/(whatever effect)
Effect button 1 (or 2 or 3)/button/Hold
Effect Store Preset/button/trigger
Effect Store Preset/button/trigger/invert

Due to the order of events, this is what happens.

Press button -> Effect switches -> Effect turns on (hold) -> Preset gets stored -> Preset kicks in -> thus effect stays on

Release button -> Effect turns off -> Preset gets stored as off

Hence you can scroll through safely without turning on the effect.

The only worry is when you scroll through the FX while you have an effect activated, but since we only have two arms at most, this should be rare - given that you are using the hold interaction.

To do something similar with a toggle interaction instant FX at a glance seems to be a lot more complicated, but I will try believeing something if that was what you wanted.
Ref: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...24#post1052824
Angella Mosiniak
You are welcome!
Melanie Larocque
thank you very much !!!!

its works perfectly
Angella Mosiniak
This is out of my head so I might use a different name of something but...

Add in>
modifier>
modifier one>
press "learn">
hold shift and move the jog wheel>
press "learn" to stop learning>
go to the control type (maybe called something else, I cant remember) and select "encoder">
look at the modifier value (row of numbers at top of page) as you move jog-wheel>
adjust sensitivity (at bottom of page) to get a smooth even scroll between values 0-7>
that is the scrolling modifier
------------------------
add in>
FX group>
FX group select (may be called something different)>
press "learn" hold shift and move the jog wheel>
go to interaction mode and select "dir" (this means "direct to value">
change interaction mode value (drop down menu) to BM2>
set modifier condition for this control to M1=0
add in>
FX group>
change interaction mode value (drop down menu) to F92>
add in>
FX group>
change interaction mode value (drop down menu) to Reverb>
that is the first FX group
add in>
FX group>
change interaction mode value (drop down menu) to Delay>
set modifier condition for this control to M1=7
add in>
FX group>
change interaction mode value (drop down menu) to Gater>
add in>
FX group>
change interaction mode value (drop down menu) to LoFi>
that is the second FX group
-----------------------------------------
You can set up eight scrolling FX groups with one modifier like this

You can set up sixty four FX groups using a cascading modifier system (I really don't have the time to explain cascading modifiers right now)
Melanie Larocque
no tsi file man^^

only a little introduction

step by step maybe, something for dummies^^

like how i should set this:

fx panel mode = group
effect 1 select =BM2
effect 2 select = F92
effect 3 select = reverb
for example

what i i use for modifiers ?
cause i believe i can only set one modifier by one value
for example modifier 1 value 1 i dont get how i can change the values with the encoder because i cant set the value in the encoder mode only the rotary......

i have too say i use a reloop controller but that should be a a problem
Angella Mosiniak
Like a .tsi file?

Sorry, but don't have the time right now, however, those instructions will work. Maybe someone else can come through and post a .tsi in a little while
Melanie Larocque
can you give me a example pls ?

would be very nice

i really get in my head how to change the encoder by values 0-7 with the jog.
Angella Mosiniak
Yes, that's easy.

Assign a modifier to to jog as the type "encoder" on the shifted midi-note so it scrolls the modifier between values 0-7

Assign the FX to the shifted jog with button type "dir" with modifier conditions to only happen at certain modifier values.

Done.
Melanie Larocque
hey guys
i need help sry for my english !^^

I want to change my groupeffects by clicking shift and turn the jogwheel

i try a lot of with the modifiers etc. but i cant get it work. can someone help me ?

biuldoff:

press shift + jogheel = first group effects
than another turn on the jogwheel the second groupf effect is loaded and so on.....

how i can realize this?
Malika Larzelere
Hey Ho,
I am at beginning of going into the mapping stuff and at the moment i have a lil' problem.
I have an akai mpd18 and want to do hotcues for the sample decks.
My mapping for a hotcue:
Control: Play Primary | I/O: In| Assigment: Sample Deck 3 Slot 1| Mode: Trigger (also tried: Hold)
also Retrigger Play | In| Sample Deck 3 Slot 1| Hold

Now the problem:
I'm using one-shot samples but when the sample is a lil' bit longer (like the 808 Kick 1 or 808 Clap) and I'm hitting the button very fast the secound hit only resets the sample.
What I want is that every time I hit the sample it is played compledly and not like now: first hit -> play, secound hit -> reset, third hit -> play and so on ...

hopefully u understand me and my problem (:

thanks to all who try to help (:

Edit:
Software: Traktor Pro 2
License typ: Full
Version: 2.13
Hortencia Kasselman
Thank you guys. Splitting will be the best choice then so I have room for implementation of some more functions.

Stay tuned, this is just the beginning.
Chasidy Heckenbach
yep, combining modifiers for the jogs should work well, as i doubt he has many controls mapped to them.

if there's "jog fx" stuff mapped to them then there would be a lot of controls to dupe ofc, but if only scratch+pitchbend then it's probably easier to just dupe those few controls
Angella Mosiniak
The easiest way would probably be to use just one modifier for the jogs. Set it up with four "positions" (m1=1-4) that correspond to the four different ways that the jogs can be set up. This would need a couple "if this than that" type of mod conditions, but should be pretty simple in function.
Zestoi is correct here about splitting, it is probably the best way to do this. But if you don't want to split, just set it up like I was saying.
Chasidy Heckenbach
my best bet would be to do exactly what you said and split the mapping into two or more devices, as then you get a brand new shiny set of 8 modifiers for each device. it won't make any difference to latency, even the midifighter 4banks mapping is split into 4, one per bank, and that has a heap of controls in each.

it might be less work to just split out the effects section into it's own device? you just need to ensure ofc that all buttons/faders that depend on the modifiers you are moving into a separate device are also in that device.

i can't see any other clean way of doing it. you could try to combine modifiers where you are only using values of 0 and 1, but then you'd end up duplicating the mappings that depend on them since you can't say in traktor "modifier1 is 1 *or* modifier1 is 3"

i would go with the option of splitting into multiple devices if i were you
Hortencia Kasselman
Hey,

today I got my VCI 400! YAAAAY!! So it
Song Peric
hello homies
i have akai MPD 26 and looking for traktor scratch pro '' sample deck'' midi map
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by AVDIO CASANOVA
LED Mapping Question

Im starting to get a hang of mapping LED outputs to my APC 40, but one problem I am having is that I can't get the lights to stay on once Ive actually pushed the buttons. For example, I mapped two rows of buttons to light up red and green when in modifier state 0, and orange when in modifier state 1.

However, in both situations the LED will turn off once I have pushed the button. Then I have to switch modifier states to get to get them to turn back on.

Im having the same problem with my hotcues. I have the LEDs red when there is no hotcue, but when I press the button to store a hotcue it will light green while I hold it, but when I release it, the LED will turn off.

Can any one help me with this? I do gigs in poorly lit places, and it would be awesome to have my LEDs functioning properly.

Thanks,
AVIDO CASANOVA
Don't you have to set the button map to 'hold'? Its probably on toggle now.

Just off the top of my head. Don't have access to my laptop at the moment.
There are a load of really good APC40 mapping tips and info on DJTT.

Search a bit...there is gold to be found.

Tawnya Attia
hey guys. i'm working on an emergency mapping for when my vci fails on my midifighter pro so that i can do 2 deck mixing with just 1 fighter. and i was wondering something. how would one go about creating a supereq knob ? what i basically want is from the leftmost point to the middle i want the lows to go from zero to normal. then from midpoint all the way to the right i want the mids and high to go from normal to zero. would this be possible on a pro's knob ? considering the wealth of midi signals it sends ? and if yes how exactly would 1 go about doing it ? i am quite stumped right now.
Nedra Fresneda
Add an inverted send Monitor state command for each of the affected buttons, so they light up when you release them.
Belia Dunhan
LED Mapping Question

Im starting to get a hang of mapping LED outputs to my APC 40, but one problem I am having is that I can't get the lights to stay on once Ive actually pushed the buttons. For example, I mapped two rows of buttons to light up red and green when in modifier state 0, and orange when in modifier state 1.

However, in both situations the LED will turn off once I have pushed the button. Then I have to switch modifier states to get to get them to turn back on.

Im having the same problem with my hotcues. I have the LEDs red when there is no hotcue, but when I press the button to store a hotcue it will light green while I hold it, but when I release it, the LED will turn off.

Can any one help me with this? I do gigs in poorly lit places, and it would be awesome to have my LEDs functioning properly.

Thanks,
AVIDO CASANOVA
Lilliana Perris
I made a HAPPY discovery a few evening s ago.

Might not be new to anyone else, but was to me!

I have 2 rigs really. 1 x APC80 (Internal mixing - 4 decks) and 1 x TT's and Ext Mixer. (2 decks)

So I have been trying to figure out a way where I can use the APC80 for 2 internal decks and the TT's and mixer for the other 2 decks (Scratch).

So I left Traktor on Ext Mixing and plugged my APC in etc. I found that I can use 2 of the decks and the internal EQ's (using the APC) and also have 2 decks routed to the Mixer.

Given, the internal decks are also being routed out via the mixer on Channel 1 and 2, so its EQ's have an effect too obviously.

This is not for 4 deck mixing, but more for a hybrid type setup. If I want Timecode its available...if I want to play internally on my APC...its available. Can also control the FX and Cue Points now for the Timecode decks.

Basically eases my pain of having to plug in the one rig or the other.

Now its all running at once.

Made my day!

Angella Mosiniak
Yo zestoi, can you verify that midi-masher is capable of performing the beat jumps necessary for enabling ableton clip scratching in traktor, serato bridge, vdj... The post is here...

Thanks!
Chasidy Heckenbach
i believe you'll first need to add some IN's for a free modifier, like:

add in > modifier1 > type=button, mode=direct, value=0 assigned to the button u set one loop length with
add in > modifier1 > type=button, mode=direct, value=1 assigned to the button u set the next loop length with
add in > modifier1 > type=button, mode=direct, value=2 etc...

then u can add an OUT back to the same pads:

add out > Cues Loops > Loop Active, modifier cond m1=0 assigned to the first button
add out > Cues Loops > Loop Active, modifier cond m1=1 assigned to the 2nd button
add out > Cues Loops > Loop Active, modifier cond m1=2 assigned to the 3rd button

i'm sure i remember it being more fiddly than that, but i believe thats the jist of it.

so modifier1 is storing the current loop length and you'll only get the led output to a given pad if the loop is active and that loop length is currently set
Tawanna Duchane
Hey guys and girls!
So im a total mapping noob and I was wondering if you guys could give me a little advice or a screen shot or two of how I can map some LED functions for mine twitch.. For example, in the traktor mapping for Twitch you can use the 8 pads to set a loop and control the values of that loop.. Silly thing is no leds light up on the pads you have selected so unless you keep a eye to your screen its easy to forget what value loop you have and hit a wrong button.. I want to be able to change some of the LEDS functions..
If this is kind of too much trouble to explain to a person like me with basically 0 experience its no prob.. But if any one has some advice or links to tutorials or screen shoots it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Yuki
Chasidy Heckenbach
a quick google shows that the mixtrack has two pairs of phono outputs and the M6 has plenty of phono inputs. it should work fine. just make sure you have selected the "external mixing mode" in traktor. then all you're doing is sending deck A out to one channel on the M6 and deck B to the other channel.

the internal mixer controls wont work in traktor ofc - but u dont need them to as you have an external mixer. internal mixing is only for people like me who don't have an external mixer. i'd opt for a real mixer if i could any day
Chasidy Heckenbach
what isn't working? you wired (using physical cables) the main and headphone outputs from your mixtrack to your mixer? that will get deck A+B into the two channels on your mixer. your mixer has 4 sets of audio stereo inputs i guess?

unless i'm missing something important about your mixer this should work...
Marquetta Choisser
I tried with the mixtrack pro also. It just won't work. I'll have to mix without a laptop (I hate not to see all the tracks at once because I got used to mix with the controller.. but that's the life) Though, thanks a lot for trying to help me. I appreciate a lot!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy