audio interface/soundcard for both djing and producing?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: audio interface/soundcard for both djing and producing?Reply
audio interface/soundcard for both djing and producing?
Posted on: 04.07.2013 by Rufus Ondrick
Ok so i'm in a pickle here. I need to replace my current soundcard that i mostly use for producing with a different one where i could add my dvs system so i could record mixes and such, I currently have the onyx blackjack (this thing is the worst possible soundcard you could ever use with windows). I will need a sound card that will go from my dj mixer to the soundcard.

I use mostly controllers to control my DAW synths, drum machine, etc so it does not need to be connected to the soundcard. but i have a condenser mic that i use to record samples and such.

I seriously dont know how i could try and explain it but i believe this is what i need;

i need output from my dvs system to go to new soundcard so i can record mixes in my daw which my new soundcard will be connected to and the new sound card must have main outs for my monitors. now the main question is does anyone have a similar set up? can someone recommend a soundcard that will allow for this to work. i'm sorry if this is confusing, ive attached a picture so it might help you to understand what im trying to do here. thanks!

Legend:
BLUE: the soundcard that im looking for
ORANGE: USB
BLACK: ANALOG AUDIO
SETUP_zps0eebe99c.jpg
Rufus Ondrick
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Add another mixer??? lol. Sounds even more complicated now.
actually its simpler than it seems. output from my daw will go to the mixer in channel 1 and output from my dvs system will go to channel 2 that way i dont have to keep plugging and unplugging my dvs everytime i need to play from dvs set up.

Cheers!
Rufus Ondrick
Then get an Audio 8

I'm just confused why you would need control over Traktor and your DAW for production. If you're producing you could just record mixes and then load them into your DAW for editing.
That's true that did not come to mind when i first started believeing about this, I could work with that. But I would also want to have my monitors as my main output for everything. Right now I would always have to connect my mixer straight to the monitors and unplug them every time when im producing as the monitor will only work with 1 signal at a time.

I decided to just add in another mixer in between them so my recording line could go to 1 channel and my dj mixer on the 2nd channel and both output goes to my monitors. Yeah my explanation was confusing, it confused me too

Thanks for all the suggestions though appreciate it!
Rufus Ondrick
Originally Posted by Danek
Traktor Audio 6?
I need a soundcard with XLR input for my condenser mic
Rufus Ondrick
Wait what. Why can't you just record using your Z2? Why do you have to record into a DAW?
For editing, adding synths etc
Rufus Ondrick
Ok so i'm in a pickle here. I need to replace my current soundcard that i mostly use for producing with a different one where i could add my dvs system so i could record mixes and such, I currently have the onyx blackjack (this thing is the worst possible soundcard you could ever use with windows). I will need a sound card that will go from my dj mixer to the soundcard.

I use mostly controllers to control my DAW synths, drum machine, etc so it does not need to be connected to the soundcard. but i have a condenser mic that i use to record samples and such.

I seriously dont know how i could try and explain it but i believe this is what i need;

i need output from my dvs system to go to new soundcard so i can record mixes in my daw which my new soundcard will be connected to and the new sound card must have main outs for my monitors. now the main question is does anyone have a similar set up? can someone recommend a soundcard that will allow for this to work. i'm sorry if this is confusing, ive attached a picture so it might help you to understand what im trying to do here. thanks!

Legend:
BLUE: the soundcard that im looking for
ORANGE: USB
BLACK: ANALOG AUDIO
SETUP_zps0eebe99c.jpg
Rufus Ondrick
actually its simpler than it seems. output from my daw will go to the mixer in channel 1 and output from my dvs system will go to channel 2 that way i dont have to keep plugging and unplugging my dvs everytime i need to play from dvs set up.

Cheers!
Gaynell Rydberg
Dannie Dimora
Now that's a complicated situation!
I'd say audio 8, or a fasttrack c400...
Rufus Ondrick
Then get an Audio 8

I'm just confused why you would need control over Traktor and your DAW for production. If you're producing you could just record mixes and then load them into your DAW for editing.
That's true that did not come to mind when i first started believeing about this, I could work with that. But I would also want to have my monitors as my main output for everything. Right now I would always have to connect my mixer straight to the monitors and unplug them every time when im producing as the monitor will only work with 1 signal at a time.

I decided to just add in another mixer in between them so my recording line could go to 1 channel and my dj mixer on the 2nd channel and both output goes to my monitors. Yeah my explanation was confusing, it confused me too

Thanks for all the suggestions though appreciate it!
Gaynell Rydberg
Then get an Audio 8

Emelina Chillson
Focusrite 2i2 or mbox will suit your needs for cheap
Rufus Ondrick
Originally Posted by Danek
Traktor Audio 6?
I need a soundcard with XLR input for my condenser mic
Rufus Ondrick
Wait what. Why can't you just record using your Z2? Why do you have to record into a DAW?
For editing, adding synths etc
Dia Laryea
Traktor Audio 6?
Gaynell Rydberg

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy