Problem: No bass at all ...

Problem: No bass at all ...
Posted on: 22.07.2012 by Garret Selstad
Hi when i use i play using in (the audio set up) the buil-in output, (the sound card of my mac book pro), there is litterally no bass at all. All the bass are cut. but if i use headphones (still on my computer) the bass are normal.
So how can i bring the bass ?
Kathaleen Tod
fuck. this thread is so dumb lol.

i still don't really understand the problem and i've read thru the whole thing, it appears to be sorted now anyway..
Lesha Torrescano
Whoops, looks like you get there in the end. I got bored of reading after page 6 and went straight in with an answer.
Lesha Torrescano
YaYa

I had the same problem.

It was fixed by turning down the master output on traktor. I could then turn it up on the S4.

What was happening was raktor was clipping or limiting the volume on the output to save the speakers/recording.

Try that and see what happens. And I'm talking about the volume control on the mixer, on screen, top center. Knock it down to 60/70%
Bunny Sockel
oh wow if only you looked through your settings properly before you made this thread
Garret Selstad
ok well the reason to my problem was.... the autogain... it reduces the gain of my music so we don't hear the bass difference.
thnanks you all guys
Bunny Sockel
THAT LAPTOP SPEAKERS ARE NOT MADE FOR MUSIC AND THAT YOU HAVE TRICKED YOURSELF INTO THINKING THERE IS MORE BASSSSSSSSS COMING OUT OF ITUNES AND VDJ WHEN THERE IS NOT

you want to fix your problem buy proper speakers then you will have all the BASSSSSSS in the world and there will be lots of amazing bass in vdj,traktor,itunes,ableton,soundcloud and whatever else you are using

THREAD OVER.
Garret Selstad
eu what do i have to figure out ?
Bunny Sockel
Look i'm done go make a thread somewhere else or just figure it out yourself..... IT'S NOT THAT HARD TOO FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF
Garret Selstad
but why the fuck do i have bass on itunes or virtual dj !!!!
Bunny Sockel
Everyone here has given you the answer you need for fucks sake. Once you have proper powered speakers not laptop speakers there will be BASS the only thing that is taking away the bass is you're laptop speakers. And the reason why there is more bass in your headphones is because they probably have much better drivers in them and are made for music not like laptop speakers which are made for skype youtube. If you do not understand this then.....

Moderators can you please lock this thread
Garret Selstad
@ lilac: seriusly i don't care about you despising me, he made me repeat myself 10 times, he talks me rudly, so i am not gonna answer kindly to that.
Ossie Pooley
@YaYa You're either a massive troll or you actually have an issue. Either way, the way you've been rude to everyone here who's trying to help makes me despise you. Get someone else to help you out, I'm done.
Bunny Sockel
It's not the softwares fault it's your own stupiditys fault
Bunny Sockel
Wow just wow if you put it up on Soundcloud in wav format and some guy comes along and listens to it with top of the range genelecs he will hear it in wav format and It will sound amazing because he has speakers that are actually made for music not laptop speakers that are made for Skype and other stuff like that anyways if you listen to a wav song on laptop speakers its gonna sound shit if you listen to a wav format song on $500 speakers its gonna sound good if you listen to a wav format song on funktion ones it will sound insanely good. You sir are just ignorant and don't understand
Ossie Pooley
You need to check that your soundcard works. If it does, follow every-ones advice and get new speakers.
Garret Selstad
Who cares about the speaker i use. i want to solve this issue without speakers. so that wen i put it on souncloud or share iti can have a nice quality
Bunny Sockel
what type of speakers laptop speakers, monitors or powered speakers
Garret Selstad
I fucking have speakers, but when i post it on soundcloud there is still no bass. did you understand ? or do you need more explanation ?
Bunny Sockel
Well for fucks sake like everyone has told you get some proper speakers only an idiot would believe that laptop speakers can give them a good low end

heres a link to some cheap powered laptop speakers http://www.logitech.com/en-au/speake...-speakers/5862
Garret Selstad
i recorded this video with the micc of my computer, so the sound quality of the youtube video is kind of chitty, cuz it doesn't sound the same
Bunny Sockel
To me the "BASS" in your video sounds exactly the same in VDJ, itunes and traktor
Teresia Janusch
how have u got a copy of traktor with no soundcard?
Garret Selstad
OK so here's the lnk to the video explaining my problem.
(So there is kind of a saturation issue during the recording when i'm on traktor, but that is because of the recording and traktor at the same time slows the computer.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp5v-...ature=youtu.be

@ Shishdisma, when i put my recordings on itunes on mp3 => still no bass
Nancey Inderlied
The reason you're getting bass out of iTunes but not out of Traktor is because iTunes does this fun thing called "maximising volume and distorting heavily." You aren't getting "bass" out of iTunes, you're getting a click from an overloaded output, or a jacked up EQ curve. Traktor plays back relatively flat, and thus doesn't have the maximised, blown out volume levels.

Your recordings are fine, nobody listens to WAVs off of Soundcloud with laptop speakers and expects to thump it, trust us, your shit's fine.

/thread
Geri Jarra
yea i saw the settings pictures, nothing out of the ordinary that i could see. I honestly have to see it in video to fully understand

@Lilac - yes at first. I believe with actual speaker everything would be fine. I have a feeling the issue has to do with the internal soundcard/built-in speakers.

OP - best thing to do would be get real speakers and use the S4 as your main output. Now if your recordings (from traktor) do not contain bass when played in itunes, but other songs in itunes have bass, and your eq settings (in traktor) are at 0, then you have a problem. this would be regardless of what speakers/headphones you use
Garret Selstad
I am not going to repeat what i said a few message earlier dude. so... not the speakers
Ossie Pooley
Ever get the feeling you're hitting your head against a brick wall?

If I understand correctly your problem is self explanatory. Get. Proper. Speakers.
Garret Selstad
ok i'll put it as soon as i can (2 day max)
i already put a picture of all my settings here https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx8...HNyRXl5UTYxSGc
Geri Jarra
this is really tricky to try and pinpoint, but im doing my best! I believe the best way for me to know for sure would be for you to take a video.

if you make a video, play a song from itunes and one from traktor using your laptop so we can hear the difference. also show what all the eq's and knobs are set at in traktor. pretty much just explain when you do and don't have the problem and provide examples. I could probably tell you right away what the issue is at that point.

That would be the best bet to solving the problem, if it really is a big problem. If it doesn't affect your recordings, and everything sounds fine using regular speakers then I wouldn't bother
Garret Selstad
yes there is
Geri Jarra
when you play a song on your laptop from itunes, is there bass?

do you plug the headphones into the laptop or the S4?
Garret Selstad
-> yes
-> yes
Geri Jarra
ok so the issue is only in traktor?

If you play a song in traktor using your headphones, do you hear bass?
Garret Selstad
no because my laptop has base on every other software. if i put a music (not from traktor) on my itunes there is base
if i mix on other software there is base, so it's not my speakers
Geri Jarra
Originally Posted by YaYa
-> Buying a monitor is hidding the problem, if i give my music to someone he going to here it with some basseless shitty quality
yes, but only if they listen to it on bassless shitty speakers, ie. laptop speakers
Garret Selstad
-> I put my music on soundcloud and there not going to listen to it with earplug
-> Buying a monitor is hidding the problem, if i give my music to someone he going to here it with some basseless shitty quality
Geri Jarra
Ok this whole this is annoying me..

first off, I really believe your questions is "why do my laptop speakers have no bass" and I'm not even going to begin to explain that

Second, after looking at some of your other started threads (which tend to be a ton of questions/problems that can easily be fixed with basic knowledge of traktor and by doing a bit of searching/fooling yourself, as opposed to just immediately asking the community s to fix these things for you) I noticed that you already had asked the same question, and got a good answer which basically is - dont use your laptop speakers/internal output. period. Found in this post here

Finally, Why if you have an S4 are you even using your internal output? and why can you not invest a measly $40 on some powered laptop speakers?

Now if I am completely wrong, and that is not at all pertaining to your original question, my fault for blaming you. However, if this really does sum up your question, then there might be some folks in this thread that deserve an apology for how you reacted to their help. From page 1 there were people telling you that bass simply does not exist in laptop speakers.
Lorri Bobar
yeah, all your settings look fine.

what i believe is happening is when you recorded your traktor stuff, it is a bit quieter than commercial volume. so, when you are comparing them in itunes, it is quieter and thus the bass response from your lappy speakers is lower.

the long and short of it is you need a better way to monitor your music cos your laptop speakers aren't cutting the mustard :P
Geri Jarra
I've read this whole thread and I am still confused. At first I thought you legit had a problem within the software because I thought what you were telling us is:

1. on your headphones -> You play a song out of itunes, there IS bass. You put the song into traktor there ISN'T bass
(this would be a potential software issue)

What I have begun to assume is:

2. on your headphones -> you play a song out of itunes there IS bass.
unplug headphones and use laptop speakers -> you play a song out of itunes there ISN'T bass

if #2 is correct, than your problem should be self explanatory..
Garret Selstad
ok i'm opening traktor 2.5 without the tratkor kontrol S4 plugged in. (there is still the same problem)
i uploaded a screen picture of all the settings in this google doc file

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx8...HNyRXl5UTYxSGc

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy