press play on the s4, traktor play button lights up green, but the track isnt moving?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: press play on the s4, traktor play button lights up green, but the track isnt moving?Reply
press play on the s4, traktor play button lights up green, but the track isnt moving?
Posted on: 22.12.2011 by Kellie Trutna
I press play on the s4, traktor play button lights up green, but the track isnt moving?

I've just installed Version 2.1.1 (just upgraded from 2.0.1 which sorta worked but with many issues.

I was wanting to use the S4 for my Gig on NYE but i need it to be running better first.

Some info that might help you guys help me.

- In version 201 i had to disable in device manager my 'realtek audio' for it work. (i have tried enabled and disabled and nothing)
- The settings are all the stock standard but i turned off 'Muilti-core'
- In the Traktor Kontrol Control Panel it says 'No streaming possible. Please try to disconnect and reconnect the device or reboot your computer'. I have tried that and it flashes green/connected but then goes back to the message.
- In the Traktor Kontrol Control Panel when Traktor Pro 2 isn't open it say 'interface connected' like everything is ok.

Any help would be appriciated to try and get this running, thanks.

P.S This is a second thread but the problem is a bit different so i thought it would ok to start a new one, hope i didn't break any rules.
Mammie Deronde
Okay I'm REALLY considering to install Win8 for a short time JUST to get Traktor working. But there a just a few points that bother me, not sure if you can answer these?

* Can I multiboot? I wish to keep Win7 just for work and school
* If not, do I keep all my files? Music, programs, or does in install sweep everything out?
* After the 90-day trail (or sooner), can I easily fallback to Win7?
* Is there a garantee that Traktor w
Mammie Deronde
Okay I'm REALLY considering to install Win8 for a short time JUST to get Traktor working. But there a just a few points that bother me, not sure if you can answer these?

* If not, do I keep all my files? Music, programs, or does in install sweep everything out?
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by JSM
Yes you can multi-boot - make sure you know what you are doing though.

with all installations it's best to start fresh ... I dropped in a different hard disk, that way nothing is messed up.

after 90 days, the software terminates and will require re-installation, it's a part of their security measures.

Going back from this trail is not possible, but if you know where to look, there's other copies around that are not trail versions ... can't tell you where on this community ..it's against the rules.

The only guarantee I can give, is that I made this discovery, informed NI about it, did the trails with six different chipsets and flavours of W7 ......now NI use my findings in their support for USB3.

It's worked on everything I've thrown at it, there's one small issue though, the trakor.exe remains "active" when closing it down, you must kill the application by using the taskman, NI knows about this and "should" be working on it.

Don't worry about Metro, you don't have to use it, I just go directly to the desktop and it's just like W7

They didn't fix, with 2.6, the small problem in Windows8, with the traktor.exe still running after closing. (with quite a load too!) ... but it's not a big problem, more importantly it works with USB3 and it's pretty stable (I'll know more today as I have some time before the club to do testing).
Mammie Deronde

Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by MATEJOSA
Now downloading Win8, considering to put it to use. Maby multiboot? Just don't wanna depend on Win8 totally just yet. Thanks, and where can I download driver 2.15?

Btw I'm gonna connect Kontrol S4 to a USB hub, just out of curiousity but I bet that won't do the trick either?
Hubs don't help I'm afraid. There's no such things as a USB3/USB2 converter either .. LOL. The ports are USB2 compatible, however the NI software doesn't like the fact that they are USB3 hosts.

The older drivers can be downloaded from the service centre (you have to log in and have registered software to get access). You can also get to them from "your account" when registered with NI.

hope that helps
Mammie Deronde
Originally Posted by JSM

There's good news though, Windows 8x64 doesn't have the same problem.
Can't get Windows 8 before tomorrow can I xd
Oh I actually meant 17r, but I presume that doesn't make much of a difference, the USB ports are blue colored, guess that means they're 3.0 as well

Well, guess I'll start using other drivers then, where can I get older versions?

Btw, thanks for the indication. Might spare me a whole lot of time wasting searching for answers
Faustino Stringfellow
Thanks for you reaction!

Make: Dell 2012
Model: Inspiron 15r SE 8 Gig's, i7, Radeon HD 7730
options added: Eveything is still standard? At least I haven't tweaked anything
OS software and service packs: Win7 64 bit, all up-to-date
tsi map chosen: standard, just installed Traktor and all other drivers and software on this laptop
USB port used: All

Oh dear, that model is USB3 .......the S4 has "SERIOUS" issues with USB3. You may be able to get something from it using different NI drivers, but don't hold your breath.

BTW great machine it should last you a long time.
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by redpanda
I tried using ASIO4ALL but it didn't seem to help to get the Kontrol S4 to act as the actual sound card thingy.
ASIO4ALL is not ASIO !!!!!!! It's the windows WDM drivers disguised as ASIO, always use the manufactures ASIO drivers, or the generic ASIO that Steinberg supply with Cubase etc.

ASIO is low latency and it bypasses the WDM side of things, ASIO4ALL "presents" ASIO but it's still using the WDM model and therefore will always have higher latency. Plus any machine/software specific items will not be accessible ... DVS is one area in TSP.
Faustino Stringfellow
Dear god that turning off/on part doesn't work for me. I'm really out of ideas now. I've been messing around with the audio devices that can be chosen, only one works, but then the speakers of my laptop become the output sound.
Attachment 13098
Besides, the delay increases

Dear god what do I do now.... any help is appreciated!
Exactly which model laptop do you have ?

Make:-
Model:-
options added:-
OS software and service packs:-
tsi map chosen:-
USB port used:-
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by JSM

with all installations it's best to start fresh ... I dropped in a different hard disk, that way nothing is messed up.

after 90 days, the software terminates and will require re-installation, it's a part of their security measures.

Going back from this trail is not possible, but if you know where to look, there's other copies around that are not trail versions ... can't tell you where on this community ..it's against the rules.

The only guarantee I can give, is that I made this discovery, informed NI about it, did the trails with six different chipsets and flavours of W7 ......now NI use my findings in their support for USB3.

It's worked on everything I've thrown at it, there's one small issue though, the trakor.exe remains "active" when closing it down, you must kill the application by using the taskman, NI knows about this and "should" be working on it.

Don't worry about Metro, you don't have to use it, I just go directly to the desktop and it's just like W7

They didn't fix, with 2.6, the small problem in Windows8, with the traktor.exe still running after closing. (with quite a load too!) ... but it's not a big problem, more importantly it works with USB3 and it's pretty stable (I'll know more today as I have some time before the club to do testing).
Lacey Volkert
I fixed my issue by Selling S4. I do not encounter this issue anymore
Faustino Stringfellow

Mammie Deronde

Faustino Stringfellow
Now downloading Win8, considering to put it to use. Maby multiboot? Just don't wanna depend on Win8 totally just yet. Thanks, and where can I download driver 2.15?

Btw I'm gonna connect Kontrol S4 to a USB hub, just out of curiousity but I bet that won't do the trick either?
Hubs don't help I'm afraid. There's no such things as a USB3/USB2 converter either .. LOL. The ports are USB2 compatible, however the NI software doesn't like the fact that they are USB3 hosts.

The older drivers can be downloaded from the service centre (you have to log in and have registered software to get access). You can also get to them from "your account" when registered with NI.

hope that helps
Mammie Deronde

Faustino Stringfellow
actually you can dl w8 today .... then apply for your serial number (dell has an upgrade plan thats very cheap).

this is a 90 day trail version, fully functional direct from MS .. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/eval.../jj554510.aspx

you can try driver version 2.15, this has been reported to work a little better, but i've never managed to get it working and I have Dell USB3 too.
Mammie Deronde
Originally Posted by JSM

Can't get Windows 8 before tomorrow can I xd
Oh I actually meant 17r, but I presume that doesn't make much of a difference, the USB ports are blue colored, guess that means they're 3.0 as well

Well, guess I'll start using other drivers then, where can I get older versions?

Btw, thanks for the indication. Might spare me a whole lot of time wasting searching for answers
Faustino Stringfellow
Thanks for you reaction!

tsi map chosen: standard, just installed Traktor and all other drivers and software on this laptop

Oh dear, that model is USB3 .......the S4 has "SERIOUS" issues with USB3. You may be able to get something from it using different NI drivers, but don't hold your breath.

BTW great machine it should last you a long time.
Faustino Stringfellow
I tried using ASIO4ALL but it didn't seem to help to get the Kontrol S4 to act as the actual sound card thingy.
ASIO4ALL is not ASIO !!!!!!! It's the windows WDM drivers disguised as ASIO, always use the manufactures ASIO drivers, or the generic ASIO that Steinberg supply with Cubase etc.

ASIO is low latency and it bypasses the WDM side of things, ASIO4ALL "presents" ASIO but it's still using the WDM model and therefore will always have higher latency. Plus any machine/software specific items will not be accessible ... DVS is one area in TSP.
Mammie Deronde
Thanks for you reaction!

Faustino Stringfellow
Dear god that turning off/on part doesn't work for me. I'm really out of ideas now. I've been messing around with the audio devices that can be chosen, only one works, but then the speakers of my laptop become the output sound.
Attachment 13098

Dear god what do I do now.... any help is appreciated!
Exactly which model laptop do you have ?

Make:-
Model:-
options added:-
OS software and service packs:-
tsi map chosen:-
USB port used:-
Mammie Deronde
17256837.jpg

Dear god what do I do now.... any help is appreaciated!
Kellie Trutna
Originally Posted by ksandvik
What system/HW? Suspect HW or system issues...
HP Laptop, pretty new, but having a few issues with it at the moment about to send it off to get replaced so thats my guess as the issue. If i still have it afterwards then i'll try and work it out, untill then this works.
Kellie Trutna
Yeah i used to have that problem all the time on my old laptop, and it was just about trying to get it to work cause sometimes it would, i believe the point is more to try different combinations. I would suggest contacting NI directly, i mean you have an S4 they provide support for that.
Mammie Deronde
Redpanda:

We're talking about the same issue right? Once, you could starup Traktor, use all the functionalities but never could start a track (the play button highlighted in green, but the track would not move nor would you hear any sound). But now, you can right?

In that case, the very next thing I'm gonna do tomorrow morning before I go off to work is follow those steps you just discribed above:

* I already opened Traktor Kontrol S4 Control Panel and Traktor S4
* Plug in S4
* Turn on S4
* Turn off S4
* Turn on S4

I reall really hope that's gonna work. Otherwise I'm <insert painfull word here>.

I just don't get it, both my desktop
Celine Surico
Yeah i know it's weird, but it only takes a second to do, so i've accepted it as part of the process
What system/HW? Suspect HW or system issues...
Kellie Trutna
Yeah i know it's weird, but it only takes a second to do, so i've accepted it as part of the process
Celine Surico
I can't remember what exactly but in settings there is the option to choose the S4 or your local sound card for AUdio processing, maybe try playing around with that. I've also found for some silly reason, if i don't plug in and turn everything on in a particular order it doesn't like to work.

My order is:
Start Traktor
Plug in S4
Turn on S4
Turn off S4
Turn on S4

and then it works, lol, hope this helps.
That's weird. All I do is to have S4 always turned on and boot the computer, start Traktor and it works.
Kellie Trutna
Hey guys!

I've got the exact same problem! Pressing play won't start anything at all while the rest of the functions are fully operational. On the contrary to Redpanda's experience, plugging the USB to another slot isn't working for me...

Any other ideas?? I've got to play this friday! I really hope it will work! On my desktop it still works fine!

Thanks in advance!!
I can't remember what exactly but in settings there is the option to choose the S4 or your local sound card for AUdio processing, maybe try playing around with that. I've also found for some silly reason, if i don't plug in and turn everything on in a particular order it doesn't like to work.

My order is:
Start Traktor
Plug in S4
Turn on S4
Turn off S4
Turn on S4

and then it works, lol, hope this helps.
Mammie Deronde
Hey guys!

I've got the exact same problem! Pressing play won't start anything at all while the rest of the functions are fully operational. On the contrary to Redpanda's experience, plugging the USB to another slot isn't working for me...

Any other ideas?? I've got to play this friday! I really hope it will work! On my desktop it still works fine!

Thanks in advance!!
Adriene Snerling
for crackling and poping out try disabling ur wireless internet adapter (in devices) and lowering ur latency to 1024 samples, worked great for me
Jude Duchscher
I plugged my s4 into my other usb port today on the opposite side of my laptop.....

It works, Now my next problem crackling and cutting out
Jude Duchscher
Cheers, still no luck though. I don't get why i am having such trouble getting it working.

It works fine (just no master out or headphones and just plays from the laptop speakers) when i change the audio device to Realtek soundcard, but when i select the Kontrol S4 it just won't play but still recognises that it's connected and working.
@RedPanda If you have found a cure for this lol, Let me know!
Jude Duchscher
I just updated to 3.0.2 but i had the same problem before i updated, was believeing it would fix it.

Heres some steps i have done to try to fix it:

-Recalibrate Jog Wheels

-Change ASIO4ALL S4 Settings

-update both traktor and s4 driver and version.

I have not installed my "traktor pro s4" software yet, because I already have
traktor pro..

Maybe install the respective software and see if that works?

I know i had this problem with my vestax when I had it.

I believe it's this Realtek crap screwin it up.

But besides that I'm clueless on how to fix this.
Ngan Ernestine
Originally Posted by Mar_Eternity
3.0.2 the latest one
I remember one or two people on another community posting about the same issue. iirc, their problem occurred only after installing the 3.0.2 driver. Hence the question: Have you already checked if downgrading the driver back to 3.0.0 resolves the issue?
Jude Duchscher
3.0.2 the latest one
Ngan Ernestine
which driver version are you guys on?
Jude Duchscher
I too am having this same problem with my s4,

Put it on the s4 sound card in audio setup

press play, play button lights up,

but track doesnt move and I can't move around on my jogwheels

really anoyying cause I have a show tomorrow but I'll have to use my production interface to get sound which means my mix won't be nearly as good because I can't use headphones.
Kellie Trutna
Originally Posted by padi_04
Yes it is, just avoid doing it with one of the side's decks on air You normally have to tap the top of the wheel once if it was already playing for it to start working normally
Cheers, still no luck though. I don't get why i am having such trouble getting it working.

It works fine (just no master out or headphones and just plays from the laptop speakers) when i change the audio device to Realtek soundcard, but when i select the Kontrol S4 it just won't play but still recognises that it's connected and working.
Nedra Fresneda
Cheers mate, just wondering, is it possible to recalibrating on the fly while playing? Or would that just be a bad idea?
Yes it is, just avoid doing it with one of the side's decks on air You normally have to tap the top of the wheel once if it was already playing for it to start working normally

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy