New Colour scheme for your TK S4

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: New Colour scheme for your TK S4Reply
New Colour scheme for your TK S4
Posted on: 03.11.2011 by Cathrine Vernet
So with the release of the new coloured knobs and faders from djtt It got me believeing as to the different array of colour schemes that can be created.
Only just ordered my new scheme today but what other types are you guys going with.

My new layout will be somewhat similiar with the kontrol S4's original theme in that volume faders for deck 1&2 are blue as are the eq's and for 3&4 white, Filters are colour matched to the corresponding deck however I've used chunky knobs in keeping with the original design. cross fader is also white. Dry/Wet knobs are all chunky blue with volume main also chunky blue, effects are white (I was hoping djtt would offer a fluro bright Orange, dont believe the yellow would really suit this layout)

all in all nothing to OUT there, but should look refreshing especially under blue light. the main reason for the make over itself was that all to often In a dark environment I find it quite hard differentiating the knobs, so with a colour themed layout it should be a bit easier.

let me know what creative idea you have planned for your S4

p.s (I'm quite new here in regards to posting, you can check out my mixes amongst music news and other things here at www.facebook.com/deeppeeps or www.soundcloud.com/deeppeeps for a direct link to mixes.)
Cathrine Vernet
Originally Posted by DeepPeeps
man that looks great, where did you get the skin from? also did you swap out the led colours? or is that how they show under blue light?
nvm did some research myself :P haha 12inch skinz have some nice custom ones but as far as the standard range they offer for the S4 they are very boring, I take it you would have to design a custom layout yourself and send it to them.
Cathrine Vernet
So with the release of the new coloured knobs and faders from djtt It got me believeing as to the different array of colour schemes that can be created.
Only just ordered my new scheme today but what other types are you guys going with.

My new layout will be somewhat similiar with the kontrol S4's original theme in that volume faders for deck 1&2 are blue as are the eq's and for 3&4 white, Filters are colour matched to the corresponding deck however I've used chunky knobs in keeping with the original design. cross fader is also white. Dry/Wet knobs are all chunky blue with volume main also chunky blue, effects are white (I was hoping djtt would offer a fluro bright Orange, dont believe the yellow would really suit this layout)

all in all nothing to OUT there, but should look refreshing especially under blue light. the main reason for the make over itself was that all to often In a dark environment I find it quite hard differentiating the knobs, so with a colour themed layout it should be a bit easier.

let me know what creative idea you have planned for your S4

p.s (I'm quite new here in regards to posting, you can check out my mixes amongst music news and other things here at www.facebook.com/deeppeeps or www.soundcloud.com/deeppeeps for a direct link to mixes.)
Charline Dye
I used UV vinyl from the skin materials (12inch sent me some scraps) to make the dots on top of the encoders and stripes on the EQ & filters and faders.
Over time though the indicator stripes on the EQs and filters came off. Thinking about some paint for those now, but haven't had the time to try it.
Charline Dye
The green knobs and faders are from the now defunct company DJ's Face. DJTT used to sell them & they came in UV green.
Era Roka
Why are your green faders UV reactive?
Cornelius Matlosz
What kind of paint did you use for the green stripe on the pitch faders and EQ knobs? I'm believeing about doing this for my APC so I can tell the difference between my samples. Also, where did you get the dots and filter-type (sticker?) filter for the EQ LEDs? That's pretty sick.

Edit: decided to get creative with some UV paint I had laying around. the APC faders are perfect since they have a small indent which allows consistent application of paint. Had trouble with the default pitch faders and crossfader of teh S4. Anyway, despite this I'd still like to know how you did it and what you used. Since the APC faders have indentations te paint is likely to last a while, but probably not so with the s4 faders.
Charline Dye
Video is on my YouTube channel. Link in my sig.
Cathrine Vernet
hey dude, just get some cardboard slide it next to/underneath the knob, get a flat head screwdriver and just pop them up (The cardboard is to prevent scratching on the s4 surface.)

watch the video above it shows that exact technique.
Colene Isdell
This may seam like a very stupid question but how do i take off the knobs on my S4.
I afraid to break something when i just try to pull them off and they don't move a bit.
Cathrine Vernet
cheers cheers might look into getting something done eventually.
Charline Dye
Yes you can design almost anything you want. He does have fluorescent material also, but only a few colors print nicely on the fluorescent. He redid my skin in the fluorescent, but the purple and green mixed made an ugly reddish brown. I used some of the fluorescent vinyl to make the indicator stripes on the knobs. The other knobs and faders are the old plastic ones DJTT used to sell.

Search for the overlays thread, there are some good ones in there. Some one did a Galaga theme that was pretty cool.

The LEDs just look that way under uv/black light.
Cathrine Vernet
Originally Posted by DeepPeeps
man that looks great, where did you get the skin from? also did you swap out the led colours? or is that how they show under blue light?
nvm did some research myself :P haha 12inch skinz have some nice custom ones but as far as the standard range they offer for the S4 they are very boring, I take it you would have to design a custom layout yourself and send it to them.
Cathrine Vernet
Charline Dye
My solution to better visability. (skin isn't that yellow in person, it's a light lime green)

Same thing with stripes added to the EQ and Filter knobs, and dots on the encoders. Seriously believeing about the new purple DJTT ones for these, but the color isn't going to match for sh*t.

Yul's video with his Blue and White knob theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFZT5KCNRww

Put up some pics when you get the new ones put on. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy