S4 not being recognised as controller

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: S4 not being recognised as controllerReply
S4 not being recognised as controller
Posted on: 18.11.2012 by Janay Wichert
Hey, I just picked up an S4 the other day, After hours of messing around I can't get anything to work.

The closest to actually having a functional controller I have gotten was sound being output through the controller.
I have downloaded the latest drivers, the latest software, Installed, uninstalled, reinstalled. You get the idea.

Okay, so when I plug in the S4 the little yellow controller light or whatever it would be in Traktor is light up.
If I use my computer to load a track to a deck I can see the little level meters up the top lighting up and playing but that's the end of it.
The yellow or orange [I can't remember exactly what colour and I don't have it in front of me now] is solidly light up on the S4, not blinking.

And I got frustrated and basically nuked everything Traktor related and reinstalled, but now I can't even get any actual audio output [but Traktor says it's being output]

I read somewhere if you have troubles it helps to open up the controller editor for some reason, but It never worked for me, I downloaded the latest version from the service centre but It won't install, it says it can't remove the old version. [I used Revo to remove it, plus I have searched the registries for anything related to it and removed them, as well as any folders or files associated with it, still nada]

If I go to the controller manager and select the S4 I can't choose anything for the in-port.

I'm pretty frustrated, I essentially paid a grand for a soundcard.

Is there some setting I'm missing? I mean, I'll admit the S4 is alot more high-end than my old Numark, but I would atleast believe that a NI controller with NI software would work out of the box.

Also in the S4 controller manager app it recognises that It's plugged in. But if I click recalibrate in the S4 tab of Traktor it says there's no mapped controllers plugged in or something like that.

I'll add in any more information if I believe of it.

Edit: My OS is 32 bit W7 on a Toshiba something or other, four GB of ram, Not too sure about the other system specs. It's not exactly slow so I really don't believe the OS is the problem here. Also when I turn on the controller I get the usual pretty little light show. But as soon as that ends there's nothing else light up.
Janay Wichert
Originally Posted by VanGogo
Was the S4 plugged in when you installed Traktor? You should install software first then plug in S4.
Have you tried a different USB cable?

You will need service center though, so I would call NI's tech line and get it sorted out.
Wasn't plugged in during the first install.
Pretty sure I used a different cable first time but I'll double check tomorrow.

And gave them a yell last evening , have to run some diagnostic thing after work.
Janay Wichert
Hey, I just picked up an S4 the other day, After hours of messing around I can't get anything to work.

The closest to actually having a functional controller I have gotten was sound being output through the controller.
I have downloaded the latest drivers, the latest software, Installed, uninstalled, reinstalled. You get the idea.

Okay, so when I plug in the S4 the little yellow controller light or whatever it would be in Traktor is light up.
If I use my computer to load a track to a deck I can see the little level meters up the top lighting up and playing but that's the end of it.
The yellow or orange [I can't remember exactly what colour and I don't have it in front of me now] is solidly light up on the S4, not blinking.

And I got frustrated and basically nuked everything Traktor related and reinstalled, but now I can't even get any actual audio output [but Traktor says it's being output]

I read somewhere if you have troubles it helps to open up the controller editor for some reason, but It never worked for me, I downloaded the latest version from the service centre but It won't install, it says it can't remove the old version. [I used Revo to remove it, plus I have searched the registries for anything related to it and removed them, as well as any folders or files associated with it, still nada]

If I go to the controller manager and select the S4 I can't choose anything for the in-port.

I'm pretty frustrated, I essentially paid a grand for a soundcard.

Is there some setting I'm missing? I mean, I'll admit the S4 is alot more high-end than my old Numark, but I would atleast believe that a NI controller with NI software would work out of the box.

Also in the S4 controller manager app it recognises that It's plugged in. But if I click recalibrate in the S4 tab of Traktor it says there's no mapped controllers plugged in or something like that.

I'll add in any more information if I believe of it.

Edit: My OS is 32 bit W7 on a Toshiba something or other, four GB of ram, Not too sure about the other system specs. It's not exactly slow so I really don't believe the OS is the problem here. Also when I turn on the controller I get the usual pretty little light show. But as soon as that ends there's nothing else light up.
Janay Wichert
Originally Posted by VanGogo
Was the S4 plugged in when you installed Traktor? You should install software first then plug in S4.

You will need service center though, so I would call NI's tech line and get it sorted out.
Wasn't plugged in during the first install.
Pretty sure I used a different cable first time but I'll double check tomorrow.

And gave them a yell last evening , have to run some diagnostic thing after work.
Charline Dye

Janay Wichert
Bump. If I knew I was gonna
have these problems I'd have gotten a Denon.
I mean, isn't the point of the S4 total damn hard and software intergration? It was easier getting third party controllers to work.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy