Reply to S4 not being recognised as controller

S4 not being recognised as controller
Hey, I just picked up an S4 the other day, After hours of messing around I can't get anything to work.

The closest to actually having a functional controller I have gotten was sound being output through the controller.
I have downloaded the latest drivers, the latest software, Installed, uninstalled, reinstalled. You get the idea.

Okay, so when I plug in the S4 the little yellow controller light or whatever it would be in Traktor is light up.
If I use my computer to load a track to a deck I can see the little level meters up the top lighting up and playing but that's the end of it.
The yellow or orange [I can't remember exactly what colour and I don't have it in front of me now] is solidly light up on the S4, not blinking.

And I got frustrated and basically nuked everything Traktor related and reinstalled, but now I can't even get any actual audio output [but Traktor says it's being output]

I read somewhere if you have troubles it helps to open up the controller editor for some reason, but It never worked for me, I downloaded the latest version from the service centre but It won't install, it says it can't remove the old version. [I used Revo to remove it, plus I have searched the registries for anything related to it and removed them, as well as any folders or files associated with it, still nada]

If I go to the controller manager and select the S4 I can't choose anything for the in-port.

I'm pretty frustrated, I essentially paid a grand for a soundcard.

Is there some setting I'm missing? I mean, I'll admit the S4 is alot more high-end than my old Numark, but I would atleast believe that a NI controller with NI software would work out of the box.

Also in the S4 controller manager app it recognises that It's plugged in. But if I click recalibrate in the S4 tab of Traktor it says there's no mapped controllers plugged in or something like that.

I'll add in any more information if I believe of it.

Edit: My OS is 32 bit W7 on a Toshiba something or other, four GB of ram, Not too sure about the other system specs. It's not exactly slow so I really don't believe the OS is the problem here. Also when I turn on the controller I get the usual pretty little light show. But as soon as that ends there's nothing else light up.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy