S2 + Nicecast help! =)

S2 + Nicecast help! =)
Posted on: 24.01.2012 by Stefan Kosier
didn't really know if i should put this here but since it is concerning my S2 i thought this might be a good place to start.

i'm running Nicecast on my Macbook so i can stream to friends (for the time being, getting it out to places like ustream will come later). the issue i'm having is i can have people connect to my stream and they hear the output, but for some reason i cannot cue tracks in my headphones. as soon as i shut down Nicecast my headphones instantly start working again.

does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

i'm currently running in 'Multi-Process Mode (Hijack all sub-processes)' - and this works for output, but not being able to cue in the headphones.

i have also tried 'MegaMix Mode (Hijack all audio streams)' and i get audio but can't cue in the headphones like above.

i have also tinkered with 'Standard Mode' but i can't get any audio from it at all (the VU in Nicecast never moves no matter what settings i try).

if i set the source to System Audio it broadcasts but again i can't cue anything, and if i set it to Audio Device and Default System Input it broadcasts and i can cue in the headphones, but it's also capturing the external mic on the Macbook and it creates feedback.

i'm losing my mind here. hahahahaha.

any help with how i can get this functioning would be greatly appreciated!!
Lorilee Osterday
I having a problem with my Nicecast software, I'm trying to broadcast on a online radio station, only problem is - the owner
of the radio station can not hear what I'm playing from his end.

The software I'm using: Traktor Pro2, Nicecast,

Equipment:

Macbook Pro, Numark Mixtrack Pro - midi controller, Scarlette 2i4 soundcard which I use for my mic, on Advanced Hijacking Options - I use Standard Mode (Hijack one audio stream) - Stream Index: 3
Target Device: Default, light Channel: Default, Right Channel: Default, then Fill in audio gaps: Silence,

On Traktor Pro2 the Audio option is played through the Scarlette 2i4 Soundcard because I want to use my microphone.

Any Advice? using Traktor as an application on nicecast.jpgnot sure on what settings to pick.jpgnot 100% sure what settings to pick.jpgme trying to connect to a online radio station.jpgdetails.jpgbuiltin sevrer.jpgSDC14343.jpgSDC14353.jpgSDC14355.jpgSDC14357.jpg
Stefan Kosier
Originally Posted by onetidd
hum i'm using nicecast with my control s4 for doing the same i've set traktor as the application source and in standard mode try it and let me know plz?
if you read my post again you will see that i have tried it in standard mode and i cannot get any audio. i believe it may be different with an S4 due to there being moe outputs available?? i couldn't tell you as i don't own one. this is very frustrating. =(
Stefan Kosier
didn't really know if i should put this here but since it is concerning my S2 i thought this might be a good place to start.

i'm running Nicecast on my Macbook so i can stream to friends (for the time being, getting it out to places like ustream will come later). the issue i'm having is i can have people connect to my stream and they hear the output, but for some reason i cannot cue tracks in my headphones. as soon as i shut down Nicecast my headphones instantly start working again.

does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

i'm currently running in 'Multi-Process Mode (Hijack all sub-processes)' - and this works for output, but not being able to cue in the headphones.

i have also tried 'MegaMix Mode (Hijack all audio streams)' and i get audio but can't cue in the headphones like above.

i have also tinkered with 'Standard Mode' but i can't get any audio from it at all (the VU in Nicecast never moves no matter what settings i try).

if i set the source to System Audio it broadcasts but again i can't cue anything, and if i set it to Audio Device and Default System Input it broadcasts and i can cue in the headphones, but it's also capturing the external mic on the Macbook and it creates feedback.

i'm losing my mind here. hahahahaha.

any help with how i can get this functioning would be greatly appreciated!!
Leeanna Ayla
http://www.traktorbible.com/en/t2_br...ng_part_1.aspx
Oswaldo Appeldorn
Just a question if you're using icecast why not use traktor directly to have all thing fine?
Leeanna Ayla
There's things different about my connection. We use Shoutcast in server type and I don't have anything in mount point. Have you tried selecting the sound card as the source? Can you connect successfully on the test broadcast? Start broadcast with the built in server and under share select check now to be sure you don't have any issues there. You'll get a pop up that tells you if you've connected successfully. You should then be able to enter the url it gives you in that share section to enter in on another computer and listen in.
Lorilee Osterday
I having a problem with my Nicecast software, I'm trying to broadcast on a online radio station, only problem is - the owner
of the radio station can not hear what I'm playing from his end.

The software I'm using: Traktor Pro2, Nicecast,

Equipment:

Macbook Pro, Numark Mixtrack Pro - midi controller, Scarlette 2i4 soundcard which I use for my mic, on Advanced Hijacking Options - I use Standard Mode (Hijack one audio stream) - Stream Index: 3
Target Device: Default, light Channel: Default, Right Channel: Default, then Fill in audio gaps: Silence,

On Traktor Pro2 the Audio option is played through the Scarlette 2i4 Soundcard because I want to use my microphone.

Any Advice? using Traktor as an application on nicecast.jpgnot sure on what settings to pick.jpgnot 100% sure what settings to pick.jpgme trying to connect to a online radio station.jpgdetails.jpgbuiltin sevrer.jpgSDC14343.jpgSDC14353.jpgSDC14355.jpgSDC14357.jpg
Stefan Kosier
well i fired it up again and for some reason it seems to be working in Standard mode. i hope this continues!
Stefan Kosier
because i have an S2, and not an S4. *sigh*
Lisa Lochotzki
I have no idea how NiceCast work but, how about routing the unused Output of your S4 to your laptop/computer soundcard input?
Stefan Kosier
Originally Posted by onetidd
hum i'm using nicecast with my control s4 for doing the same i've set traktor as the application source and in standard mode try it and let me know plz?
if you read my post again you will see that i have tried it in standard mode and i cannot get any audio. i believe it may be different with an S4 due to there being moe outputs available?? i couldn't tell you as i don't own one. this is very frustrating. =(
Leeanna Ayla
Yep I've used an S4 the same way and it worked fine.
Oswaldo Appeldorn

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy