CPU / Audio dropout HELP Kontrol S2

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: CPU / Audio dropout HELP Kontrol S2Reply
CPU / Audio dropout HELP Kontrol S2
Posted on: 08.04.2013 by Deeanna Baitz
I had lot's of trouble getting S2 to work back on Windows 7 with my new ASUS Nseries laptop, with 4 USB 3.0s. Came here for help a while ago and got it all sorted by getting windows 8. Was on old name called "teaelle".

NOW, I don't DJ very often cause I'm focusing on production, but I had a gig a few weeks ago and from what I remember everything was running smooth as butter until I had that gig. I kept getting all these clicks and skips that were pissing me right off. I had never experienced it after my initial windows 8 fix, but I stopped practicing for months until it was time to prepare for the gig. Preparing was fine... everything was running smooth on my laptop. Practiced for hours at a time. THEN I get to the gig, and all of a sudden audio drop outs and cpu spikes out of no where. (My laptop is MORE then powerful enough to run Traktor). So here I am believeing it's something wrong with their gear or cables or some shit I don't know.

few weeks later I'm here now turning on my traktor for the first time since that gig, and sure enough, the audio drop outs and cpu spikes are still there. I close everything down, Update Traktor, update the driver, all through service center, restart, STILL NOThiNG. I tried changing the buffer settings, and it seemed to have helped the CPU, but still got the audio drop outs.

I'm really hoping there's a fix for this so I'm asking here. I really want to start looking for gigs this summer and don't want to go through another evening mare of a gig like the last... PLEASE ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

I'm running ASUS N-series, NVIDIA grafix, i7 processor windows 8 yadda yadda. Plenty of power. I really don't understand what could have gone wrong since the first fix which was as simple as installing windows 8.
Deeanna Baitz
I had lot's of trouble getting S2 to work back on Windows 7 with my new ASUS Nseries laptop, with 4 USB 3.0s. Came here for help a while ago and got it all sorted by getting windows 8. Was on old name called "teaelle".

NOW, I don't DJ very often cause I'm focusing on production, but I had a gig a few weeks ago and from what I remember everything was running smooth as butter until I had that gig. I kept getting all these clicks and skips that were pissing me right off. I had never experienced it after my initial windows 8 fix, but I stopped practicing for months until it was time to prepare for the gig. Preparing was fine... everything was running smooth on my laptop. Practiced for hours at a time. THEN I get to the gig, and all of a sudden audio drop outs and cpu spikes out of no where. (My laptop is MORE then powerful enough to run Traktor). So here I am believeing it's something wrong with their gear or cables or some shit I don't know.

few weeks later I'm here now turning on my traktor for the first time since that gig, and sure enough, the audio drop outs and cpu spikes are still there. I close everything down, Update Traktor, update the driver, all through service center, restart, STILL NOThiNG. I tried changing the buffer settings, and it seemed to have helped the CPU, but still got the audio drop outs.

I'm really hoping there's a fix for this so I'm asking here. I really want to start looking for gigs this summer and don't want to go through another evening mare of a gig like the last... PLEASE ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

I'm running ASUS N-series, NVIDIA grafix, i7 processor windows 8 yadda yadda. Plenty of power. I really don't understand what could have gone wrong since the first fix which was as simple as installing windows 8.
Alphonso Deitchman
Traktor and the S2 still aren't 100% compatible with Windows 8+USB 3.0.

Are you using the latest beta S2 drivers? Traktor 2.6.1 has some bugs related to S2 audio so you might want to revert back to 2.6.0

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy