Setting up my Kontrol S2's audio settings

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Setting up my Kontrol S2's audio settingsReply
Setting up my Kontrol S2's audio settings
Posted on: 11.03.2013 by Tristan Leonen
Hi all,

I've been playing around with my new S2 since yesterday and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the audio setup correct. Apologies for this in advance as I'm sure it's a complete rookie question, but I spent a lot of time searching for a solution and didn't come up with anything, so here goes:

I have the controller plugged into my iMac via USB and the settings are all the defaults from using the Setup Wizard. (See: http://imgur.com/j2IMi3J,gHczV2d#0) I'm trying to figure out how I can use my computer's speakers as the main output while using my headphones to preview/cue songs. As it's set right now, all my audio is coming through the headphones and nothing's coming through the computer speakers. The only way I can get audio from the speakers is by switching my "Audio Device" to "Built-in," but doing so makes it so that I can't hear anything from the headphones.

Again, I realize this might be a dumb question, but I spent a good amount of time trying to figure this out and I'm genuinely stumped. I'd really appreciate some help on this so I can get the ball rolling on learning how to use this controller.
Tristan Leonen
Originally Posted by hest
You need to make an aggregated device with both the S2's soundcard and the built-in one. Google how to do this.

Martin
Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! And thank you too for the information ElectronicEducation.
Tristan Leonen
Hi all,

I've been playing around with my new S2 since yesterday and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the audio setup correct. Apologies for this in advance as I'm sure it's a complete rookie question, but I spent a lot of time searching for a solution and didn't come up with anything, so here goes:

I have the controller plugged into my iMac via USB and the settings are all the defaults from using the Setup Wizard. (See: http://imgur.com/j2IMi3J,gHczV2d#0) I'm trying to figure out how I can use my computer's speakers as the main output while using my headphones to preview/cue songs. As it's set right now, all my audio is coming through the headphones and nothing's coming through the computer speakers. The only way I can get audio from the speakers is by switching my "Audio Device" to "Built-in," but doing so makes it so that I can't hear anything from the headphones.

Again, I realize this might be a dumb question, but I spent a good amount of time trying to figure this out and I'm genuinely stumped. I'd really appreciate some help on this so I can get the ball rolling on learning how to use this controller.
Rima Tearney
It is not quite hard at all to change audio settings, so there is nothing you need to additionally buy to make it work.

The only thing you need to do is simply go to settings and the first thing on the list should be "Audio Setup". Go there then click on audio device. Then you should find on the list in the audio device settings something called "Built In (Core Audio)". Just click that and your set!
Arie Kersjes
Glad I could help!
Tristan Leonen
Originally Posted by hest
You need to make an aggregated device with both the S2's soundcard and the built-in one. Google how to do this.

Martin
Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! And thank you too for the information ElectronicEducation.
Detra Troiano
I've had similar issues when setting my S2 to livestream my master output to mixlr for live broadcasting and then using the headphones to Cue.

What I found is that even if you get everything set up properly, if you've been messing around in the audio settings trying different things the sound cards get "confused" (for lack of a better word). What I have found helps is that sometimes what should be working just isn't and I have to shut Traktor down and reopen it completly, then choose the proper set-up the first time I change the settings. It's weird, but Traktor doesn't seem to like playing around in the settings and jumping back and forth in the different audio configuration modes.

You may find that what you need to choose is the s2's internal soundcard in Shared Mode. Try shutting Traktor down and reopening it fresh, then go straight into the Shared mode configuration.

For the life of me, I've had many sessions setting up to livestream and the audio would work just fine out of the output, but I was getting nothing into my headphones feed. Close / Reload works for me. hope it helps you too.
Arie Kersjes

Martin

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy