No sound from S4

No sound from S4
Posted on: 10.02.2011 by Leeanna Ayla
So I was messing around with the new MF mapping and everything was working fine. I got up and did something else then came back and tried to watch a youtube video, but there was no sound. I tried another video, no sound. I played a song in Traktor, no sound. This is out of headphones and both TRS and RCA mains on the back. I've tried every cue possibility, two separate sets of headphones and have confirmed the headphones and speakers work.

The LED meters on the channel faders are working, but the LED's on the main volume meter are not working. If I turn the main volume up in the S4 software the red LED's for clipping will light up on the controller, but there's no blue LED's, just red and no sound. If I change the audio to built in I get sound through the laptop speakers.

I've rebooted twice and nothing's seemed to work. I have a show on Monday. Any ideas?
Francina Decosse
Originally Posted by photojojo
Sorry, had no show today. I believe I got some dodgy cajun food yesterday on my way back from New Orleans, feeling a little better now, but I was wasted this morning.
good to hear that you're better now!

I found few of your recordings that I haven't heard yet, so I'm still having a Completely Different evening

maybe I said it before, but the December 20 mix is really my favorite mix in the whole S4 Soundcloud group! The track selection is so good and the blending is just right (S4 signature is sensible )! It's a great party mix for adults, full of favourite tracks, presented in a nice and different way

Wish you a quick and complete recovery in no time!

Cheers!
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by knaumov
when's the show? will you be uploading to Soundlcoud ?
Sorry, had no show today. I believe I got some dodgy cajun food yesterday on my way back from New Orleans, feeling a little better now, but I was wasted this morning.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
@ Photojojo, what was the fault or what had you not done properly teehee...
I don't know. It literally worked 15 minutes before. The only thing I can believe of is that The computer had been on and Traktor open all day. The Red LED's showing clipping, but no blue LED's on the main really kind of had me bewildered.
Nedra Fresneda
Originally Posted by smittten
All these green avatars are making me want to do the Dublin Two Step.
Have a green avatar, thought I'd stop by
Wilhelmina Sumbry
See if u have these settings =)
Francina Decosse
good to hear that you're better now!

I found few of your recordings that I haven't heard yet, so I'm still having a Completely Different evening

maybe I said it before, but the December 20 mix is really my favorite mix in the whole S4 Soundcloud group! The track selection is so good and the blending is just right (S4 signature is sensible )! It's a great party mix for adults, full of favourite tracks, presented in a nice and different way

Wish you a quick and complete recovery in no time!

Cheers!
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by knaumov
Francina Decosse
never mind ... found my way around:

Originally Posted by photojojo@Soundcloud
After serving as a resident DJ and record store employee in the late 80's and early 90's I moved on to bigger, but not necessarily better things. Back with a vengeance after my long hiatus I'm mixing again and trying to spread my love of all things Funky, Housy, Jazzy, Souly, Technoy...Technoy doesn't really sound right does it? Anyway tune into my radio show on http://www.purple-radio.co.uk every other Monday 6:00-8:00 pm UK time or 12:00-2:00 pm CST in the US where your likely to hear all of the above plus some early Post Punk and New Wave as well. Check my blog http://chrisjennings.wordpress.com for an updated regular schedule and special shows.
guess i've missed it this week next time

Something On Topic: It's just great how a controller restart solved your issue!

Cheers!
Francina Decosse
Maxima Lobeck
this happened to me also, need to reset soft and hard to get it working =/
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
I don't know. It literally worked 15 minutes before. The only thing I can believe of is that The computer had been on and Traktor open all day. The Red LED's showing clipping, but no blue LED's on the main really kind of had me bewildered.
Dewey Melchi
OT - How soon is soon Karlos?! I want to order and have the new bible before my trip in march =/

EDIT: I clicked your link and answered my own question. I'm dumb.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Len Lukawski
I caved,
Nedra Fresneda
Originally Posted by smittten
Have a green avatar, thought I'd stop by
Len Lukawski
Random X
+1!
Hailey Westen
I was believeing as soon as I ask for help I'll figure it out.
its like when your looking for something and just when you ask someone, you find it...

"HAVE YOU SEEM MY... OH NEVER MIND"
Leeanna Ayla
I was believeing as soon as I ask for help I'll figure it out.
Charline Dye
Glad you got it sorted out!
Random X
Hahaha LoLz, replugging the S4 was the first thing that came to mind, when reading the title.

Glad it worked!
Shalon Jaranilla
Unplugged the USB and power, plugged them back in and it's all working. I won't lie, I was freaking out a little bit.
Great your human too
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard
lmao been there alright

all sorted now ?
Yep, all sorted.
Hailey Westen
Unplugged the USB and power, plugged them back in and it's all working. I won't lie, I was freaking out a little bit.
lmao been there alright

all sorted now ?
Hailey Westen
OMG your like THE MAN around here when it comes to this stuff... if your fecked, were all fecked oh and sorry boss, i cant help ya.
Leeanna Ayla

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy