Stuck for awhile

Stuck for awhile
Posted on: 29.06.2013 by Marylou Kivlin
Hey whatsup guys. I know this has been gone over before but damn I can't make my mind up. I have a $1200 gift card for musicians friend. I'm still brand new to this DJ stuff. I was dead set on the S2 before I got this gift card but now I'm wondering if I should just go straight to the S4 since it's not out of pocket anymore. I know there are some differences between the 2 and the S2 looks easier for me to get used to and practice on without being distracted and confused by some high end 4 deck features that I won't be using right off the bat. Just wondering your guys take on this. If money was not an issue is the S2 better for a newbie to get started on or should I just grab the S4 of the bat? I realize you can't do turntables with S2, it doesn't have some of the MIDI outs and filter knobs and dedicated loop controls and stuff but I believe the S4 doesn't have a booth out... How is that even possible if the little brother does? Any word on updating that? I don't want to get this S4 and a week later a new way better controller come out. Thanks in advance for any opinion
Marylou Kivlin
Hey whatsup guys. I know this has been gone over before but damn I can't make my mind up. I have a $1200 gift card for musicians friend. I'm still brand new to this DJ stuff. I was dead set on the S2 before I got this gift card but now I'm wondering if I should just go straight to the S4 since it's not out of pocket anymore. I know there are some differences between the 2 and the S2 looks easier for me to get used to and practice on without being distracted and confused by some high end 4 deck features that I won't be using right off the bat. Just wondering your guys take on this. If money was not an issue is the S2 better for a newbie to get started on or should I just grab the S4 of the bat? I realize you can't do turntables with S2, it doesn't have some of the MIDI outs and filter knobs and dedicated loop controls and stuff but I believe the S4 doesn't have a booth out... How is that even possible if the little brother does? Any word on updating that? I don't want to get this S4 and a week later a new way better controller come out. Thanks in advance for any opinion
Keturah Wasco
I would go S2 for a year and learn everything
and then skip the S4 step, and look for CDJ or Turntable.
Garfield Scheurich
Honestly, if you are brand new to DJing... Get an S2.

Learn how to use it, then upgrade to the s4 later. Unless your giftcard expires soon, save the money. The s4 will probably drop even lower in price once you are ready for it.
Charline Dye
Between S2 and S4, I would get an S4. Especially with the recent price drop. The extra features will not confuse you.
But, because NI dropped the price, there is probably a new S4 coming out in the near future. Notice I said probably, as no one knows for sure.
If you do get a current S4, you will have more $ for other things. If you wait and and get a newer version when it comes out, the price will probably be back at $1000.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy