[OT] what motorsport do you follow ?

[OT] what motorsport do you follow ?
Posted on: 22.04.2011 by Marva Cupid
Yer as the title says.
So maby there should be a little bit of structure so I will start off.

Sport : motogp
Fav rider/driver : valentino rossi
Stanley Peckman
Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy
Yeah well I actually ride supermoto is anyone knows what that is. It's a cross between ofroad and onroad racing. But I don't actually follow the sport .
Used to race them

I've had KTM 660, KTM 540, Husaberg 650 in a past life. After the supermoto I went road racing; Formula 400 with ZXR's,Superstock with an 06 R6 and finally I raced Ducati.

Loved it all.

Oh, yeah I go to at least 1 MotoGP a year, so I guess that's my motorsport.
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by elio_xh
Oh how i was hoping somebody would bring this race up! Most amazing thing I've ever seen. Those last 4 laps, setting a best lap each lap and then with last one coming in at 0.94 seconds behind and winning. Vettel must be shooting himself now, being so close, and then cracking
We're 7 hours ahead of you guys, and with the delays, it took us late into Sunday evening . Kept me riveted.
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Just had to necro this thread to say congratulations to Jenson Button having just won the most amazing victory I've ever seen in Formula 1, beating Sebastian Vettel in Montreal.

6 pit stops in one race, collisions with Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso and having been as low as 21st after the final safety car, he cruised through the field with breathtaking skill taking whole seconds off the leaders every lap. The drive of a lifetime, the drive of a champion.

Here's to Jenson Button!

The start of things to come FEP. Brilliant Jenson. Schumacher still has it.
Lin Danek
F1 for the win. Well done Kimi. Looking good for Ferrari. It's all going to be about rubber in 2013.
Margie Pavell
let's go ahead and bump this...

Autralian GP this weekend...party at my place for the Indy 500...BYOB...
Johnetta Olewine
Only a month til the F1 season kicks off again. Gonna be awesome to see Kimi back in F1 and Bruno Senna getting a better drive. Be intersting to to see if Daniel Ricciardello lives up to the hype as well. Bring on beers and F1 Sundays!!
Harley Hendzel
i enjoy

F1
WRC
desert/pro trucks
ama arenacross
supermoto
Stanley Peckman
Yeah well I actually ride supermoto is anyone knows what that is. It's a cross between ofroad and onroad racing. But I don't actually follow the sport .
Used to race them

I've had KTM 660, KTM 540, Husaberg 650 in a past life. After the supermoto I went road racing; Formula 400 with ZXR's,Superstock with an 06 R6 and finally I raced Ducati.

Loved it all.

Oh, yeah I go to at least 1 MotoGP a year, so I guess that's my motorsport.
Tatum Ansaldo
Yeh it finished after 11pm here, so I was watching for over 5 hours lol. So worth it for that finish. Schuhmacher definitely proved he's got something left in the tanks, he was just mobbed for outright speed down the straights which is the car's fault.

And how about Massa taking 6th by less than a 10th with the DRS wide open down the pit straight on the final lap!
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by elio_xh
Oh how i was hoping somebody would bring this race up! Most amazing thing I've ever seen. Those last 4 laps, setting a best lap each lap and then with last one coming in at 0.94 seconds behind and winning. Vettel must be shooting himself now, being so close, and then cracking
We're 7 hours ahead of you guys, and with the delays, it took us late into Sunday evening . Kept me riveted.
Christel Croak
^Oh how i was hoping somebody would bring this race up! Most amazing thing I've ever seen. Those last 4 laps, setting a best lap each lap and then with last one coming in at 0.94 seconds behind and winning. Vettel must be shooting himself now, being so close, and then cracking
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Just had to necro this thread to say congratulations to Jenson Button having just won the most amazing victory I've ever seen in Formula 1, beating Sebastian Vettel in Montreal.

6 pit stops in one race, collisions with Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso and having been as low as 21st after the final safety car, he cruised through the field with breathtaking skill taking whole seconds off the leaders every lap. The drive of a lifetime, the drive of a champion.

Here's to Jenson Button!

The start of things to come FEP. Brilliant Jenson. Schumacher still has it.
Asha Poudrier
Formula One all the way. I support Red Bull, McLaren, and Mercedes. Nico Rosberg and Kamui Kobayashi are definitely my favorite drivers out of the entire field though.
Marva Cupid
That was amazing. Did anyone watch the motogp ? All the factory Yamahas out. Edwards third, good on him.
Tatum Ansaldo

Here's to Jenson Button!

Leeanna Ayla
I hate those damn forrest rats!! Anyway my fast on the street bike isn't really all that fast. I much prefer to let it all hang out on dirt, traction confuses me.
Loreta Altema
Originally Posted by photojojo
I've done the Big Bend open road race on my motorcycle. Okay, maybe the actual race wasn't going on, but I was going fkn fast and it sure felt like racing!!
Haha, that thing is already dangerous enough when it's closed off, haha.. Lucky a deer didn't hop out to see what the noise was. I've been there once in person, my buddy has raced in it the past 3 years.. The format was weird for me at first the whole "try and average X speed throughout the whole course." but after a little watching it's pretty neat..

I'll post the link to the video my buddy made from one of his times down there when I get home.
Birgit Thomasson
F1 Lewis Hamilton/Jenson Button....my local boy Paul Di Resta. The best of british of course
Olene Minyard
Forumla 1 for me. And fave driver is probably Sebastian Vettel. To be that awesome at that age is astounding.

Most hated driver = Lewis Hamilton. Tw@t!
Lashandra Ost
Ill watch F1 in the background, but im not really a follower of any motorsports.

Which is a shame considering i work for a company that provides TV graphics and Timing solutions to Motorsports round the world. And had i not of got assigned to the golf side of the company i would be getting sent round the world setting up the systems for motorsports events instead of golf events.

MST Systems - Look us up. Our site is about 13 years old and in desperate need of an update but we still provide live times to the site from Motosports events.
Audrey Pinda
I used to follow Nascar pretty heavily, and also used to watch F1 for years.

Haven't really kept up with it of late though, I find myself working weekends and such so it doesn't give me time to really just relax and watch. At some point in my life though, I will have those days back and get back into it.

I suffice by seeing a couple Monster truck rallys a year, and going down to the county fairs for tractor pulls.
Leeanna Ayla
I've done the Big Bend open road race on my motorcycle. Okay, maybe the actual race wasn't going on, but I was going fkn fast and it sure felt like racing!!
Loreta Altema
Originally Posted by ranzerox
yeah, i may be in the US... and the south... sadface.. but i love WRC. i pay for the live videos and such. i may even be going to the driving college in wash. to get my rally license next year

Why sadface? Your in the south homie.. We are bigger and better then pretty much everyone else. :-p

Since you are in the south and like turning surely you have been to the Big Bend Open Road Race, or maybe the world famous Texas Mile, and also can't forget the Supra National meet held in Houston where litterLly every who's who of the aftermarket is there. Gotta be pushing over 1000hp and be able to hit sPeeds of 190+ in your STREET car to hang.. Texas has a wicked motorsports fetish, you just gotta know where to look.
Aleta Hartzler
yeah, i may be in the US... and the south... sadface.. but i love WRC. i pay for the live videos and such. i may even be going to the driving college in wash. to get my rally license next year
Janyce Henningson
I love F1 but the best is WRC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq0kEVjRqow
Judi Sissel
WRC
Formula D
Gymkhana

Just something about having that control going sideways.... irreplaceable
Chas Giraldez
I love Class B touring, and rally racing.

Oh, and Top Gear
Margie Pavell
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
I wish we had real motor sports worth following over here. The only thing I can remember is seeing stupid Nascar commercials and F watching dumb rednecks make left turns for hours.

If I lived in Europe or elsewhere, i'd follow MOTOGP most likely. I'm a huge huge Ducati fan. One day maybe even be a Ducatisti - in other words whenever I move out of my parents place.

indycar is worth watching...and you can DVR the F1 races on speed...Nascar is an ok substitute...it's definitely a war of attrition...
Belen Wermes
one day i want to drop acid at a monster truck event.
something about attending a redneck gathering watching comically large "art cars" fucking around in the mud while tripping balls just sounds like a good time.

has anyone been to one of those? the commercials make them look really cool, but i've read a few reviews and they're generally pretty negative.
Fernande Alkins
I follow Formula 1 and DTM. My father is a big NASCAR fan so I'm familiar with that as well. There are so many motorsports I want to get into/follow but because of what they will show in the states I hate having to go out of my way for ALL the motorsports I follow.
Loreta Altema
I gotta give it to the Aussies, they have some great motorsports going on.. GM's Holden division come to mind(lol, I'm a GM nutthugger).
Jacque Divinity
i dont follow nascar, but do watch it occasionally.. it is a decent series if you know what it's actually all about! but the aussie v8 supercars touring car series, is IMHO the best motor racing series produced.

msport i do follow..

*V8 supercars
*AMA Supercross
*Red Bull X-Fighters
*IFMXF Night of The Jumps series
*Red Bull AirRace (it will be back next year)
*Aussie Supercross
*F1 (to a lesser extent)

dont follow, but watch
*nascar (sprint, nationwide, camping world)
*motogp
*world superbikes
*NHRA drag racing
Marva Cupid
oh and i forgot to mention that id do follow nascar abit and i agree with the fact that there is alot of strategy and skill that goes into not only the race but out witting your opponents.
Marva Cupid
yeah well i actually race the pit bike supermoto stuff as well so yer.
Loreta Altema
Hahaha, ain't that the truth..
Leeanna Ayla
Has anyone herd of pocketbike racing. Just check this site out.

http://www.pocketracingbikes.com.au/.../cPath/64_1_22
Originally Posted by m00n
Ahh, im used to those as "pit bikes" at the tracks.. people have some pretty crazy ones, didnt know they raced them though, haha...
You should know if it's got a motor someone's racing it somewhere.

And getting stupid on it...

Loreta Altema

Ahh, im used to those as "pit bikes" at the tracks.. people have some pretty crazy ones, didnt know they raced them though, haha...
Marva Cupid
Sorry I was just writing a website, just copy the url
Marva Cupid

Leeanna Ayla
A supermoto ?
He's talking about his unjustified hatred and bashing of NASACR. Being a Ducati lover I'm sure Mr. Fusion likes, or at least can appreciate Supermoto.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy