Grossest/weirdest things you've seen at a gig

Grossest/weirdest things you've seen at a gig
Posted on: 20.03.2013 by Valeri Holderness
Clubs are often filled with awesome people, great music and as a dj they can be your favourite place to be. With that being said, you sometimes see some things that make you lose your faith in humanity

What are the most facepalm inducing things you've seen club patrons do?

Heres my most recent incident:
A few months ago I was leaving a club I was playing at through the back door which led to a bit of a sketchy alley. I was supposed to meet some friends in the back and go grab some eats. Instead of running into some familiar faces as I was expecting to, I was greeted by two of the patrons from the club who were happily spooning away in the middle of the street

Lets hear your stories!
Gaynell Rydberg
Originally Posted by Polygon
Wait... i don't get it..
filled with what?
If I had to guess, urine.
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by deevey
  • Lighting Fills smoke machine and proceeds to pump room full of smoke
  • Smoke Fluid Bottle had been "filled" by a DJ the evening before
  • Evacuation
Wait... i don't get it..
filled with what?
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by DJ_JCohh
This wasn't while I was djing buttttt I went to a Rusko show back in 2011 in Philadelphia, PA at the Electric Factory...Mid set I'm looking around and see a bunch of people start backing away from a person who is literally at arms length to me...So natrually me and my girlfriend are like huh thats weird everyone is shoulder to shoulder and yet these people are making room for this person? So we look a little closer as more people start backing up further..and what do you know theres a guy (eyes rolling in back of head) cock in hand putting it into the girl standing in front of him. Now let me make another note about this girl, she didn't look all there, like dazed and confused..but still seemed to somewhat enjoy it..he went on to finish in her and quickly evacuate the scene of the crime and leave the girl still pretty confused as to why her pants were on the ground.
that's pretty messed up, especially since it's so easy to imagine happening
Toya Spor
Originally Posted by farhanashraf
my 70 yr old college professor in the club
You can find me in da club, bottle fulla bub
Mami I got the books if you into readin much
I'm into teaching math I ain't into making love
So come gimme a problem if thats whatchu believein of
Ming Devis
Originally Posted by sarasin
http://www.embarrassingevening clubphotos.com/new

looks like i found the pic to go with the best story of this thread.

image_1363873577166818.jpg
ohmygod
Lilliana Perris

Looks like I found the pic to go with the best story of this thread.

Johnetta Olewine
A classic story from a DJ at a popular house evening in Sydney

I was standing next to her when it happened and I've told this story so many times... But I'll tell it again.

It was about 1am and the terrace was packed. Illya was playing and it was a good evening . I was leaning on the wall right next to the step that leads into the DJ booth. The step was directly on my right with my friends Pete, and Tim to my left.

Pete and Tim were chatting and I was standing looking over the crowd when I see a reasonably attractive girl staggering through the crowd, bumping people out of the way. I don't pay too much attention till I notice a guy chasing after her looking deeply concerned. She shoves her way to the front and plops herself down on the step next to me with her face in her hands.

I believe "that's a little odd".

What happens next took about 15 seconds to play out but in my mind lasts about half an hour.

I noticed a foul smell waft up and at this point she stands up, drops her pants, sits down and proceeds to do an Exxon Valdes style dump all over the step leading up to the dj booth.

I'm standing there with my vodka lime and soda in total disbelief. I turn to my left, grab Pete's arm and say "We need to go now!"

He looks at me a bit pissed off and then notices what's going on behind me and makes a beeline to the door.

Meanwhile the guy who followed her through the dancefloor is desperately trying to get her pants back up and get her out of the club. She's sitting on the step resisting his efforts and giving him the kind of look that says "what the fcuk are you doing? I'm taking a shit here and want to be left in peace". Finally he gets her pants up and starts manhandling her out the door. By this stage he has shit all over him, she has shit all over her, there's shit on the walls and a pool of shit on the step and floor.

We had evacuated to the balcony where we had made the fatal error of not clearing the doorway. On the way out she trips on the door sill, reaches out to stop herself from falling and gets Pete squarely in the back with her shitty hand.

Pete calls out "I'm hit! I'm hit!"

There is a mixture of laughter and sympathetic "ooooooo's" from the crowd.

She disappears into the evening never to be seen again (presumably she's gone to live in a convent). Pete jumped in a cab, went home and was back on the dancefloor 25 mins later.

Respect.

We stayed for an hour before going to the globe to spread the gospel.

And yes it's true, Illya looked up, wondered what he'd done wrong to clear a dance floor so quickly before a friendly punter pointed to the mess no more than a metre from his shoes.

He played through the entire cleanup...

Awesome.
Brunilda Kora
Urine? Pee? That's no fun...

I suggest you guys google what was put in the smoke machine at Danny Ramplings evening , Shoom, back in the 80's (when Mr. T invented House Music)...
Rolanda Clodfelder
Wait... i don't get it..
filled with what?
Pee
Gaynell Rydberg
Originally Posted by Polygon
Wait... i don't get it..
filled with what?
If I had to guess, urine.
Sherrell Dargenio
I was once at an event where a father and son decided to bond by rolling their faces off together. The son was wearing a lab coat and when I asked him about it his Dad came up, easily 60 years old, balding, grey hair and wrinkles. Hilarious to watch, I know most of us would never do that with our fathers ahahaha.

By far the weirdest family thing I have ever seen though was not at a club but at a McDonalds just down the street from a mini kandi kid hardstyle rave.... Anyways, all these kids (13-16yrs) are making way into McDonalds when I see 3 come in with THEIR MOTHER who is easily in her 50s. Interested in what I was seeing I took a walk by for a closer look, this mother took these kids to a rave and decided to party right with them, all the way. She was more out of it than her kids.

I've seen people having sex on couches in loungier parts of clubs, I believe that's probably common so not that weird or gross.
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by deevey
  • Lighting Fills smoke machine and proceeds to pump room full of smoke
  • Smoke Fluid Bottle had been "filled" by a DJ the evening before
  • Evacuation
Wait... i don't get it..
filled with what?
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by DJ_JCohh
This wasn't while I was djing buttttt I went to a Rusko show back in 2011 in Philadelphia, PA at the Electric Factory...Mid set I'm looking around and see a bunch of people start backing away from a person who is literally at arms length to me...So natrually me and my girlfriend are like huh thats weird everyone is shoulder to shoulder and yet these people are making room for this person? So we look a little closer as more people start backing up further..and what do you know theres a guy (eyes rolling in back of head) cock in hand putting it into the girl standing in front of him. Now let me make another note about this girl, she didn't look all there, like dazed and confused..but still seemed to somewhat enjoy it..he went on to finish in her and quickly evacuate the scene of the crime and leave the girl still pretty confused as to why her pants were on the ground.
that's pretty messed up, especially since it's so easy to imagine happening
Toya Spor
Originally Posted by farhanashraf
You can find me in da club, bottle fulla bub
Mami I got the books if you into readin much
I'm into teaching math I ain't into making love
So come gimme a problem if thats whatchu believein of
Valeri Holderness
you guys have seen some horrible horrible things
Emelina Paglia
Witnessed a guy pissing in the middle of the dance floor on peoples legs during SHM's show.
Delila Vandommelen
Gig in a theatre, playing from the seat area to the crowd on the stage/in the first few rows which had been dismantled (looked like , I'm the skinny guy snapping away at 0:50).
Our "backstage" (last rows of the seats to the back) was unguarded and generally a mess... I was enjoying the next crew's set from the penultimate row and noticed a couple getting seriously steamy in the seats behind me
They got kicked out by whatever limited staff was around after I pointed it out - there are limits to "messy" which we had to pay for with a couple hundred €s off our revenue for that evening .
Other friends who helped tear down found condoms in all the litter...
Ming Devis

looks like i found the pic to go with the best story of this thread.

ohmygod
Matt Kane
i had a top 40 gig, in a bigger student club in my town. i was alone since my friend dude dj had the flu. i was facing a 10pm to 6am shift. had several beers. prime time arrived and i had to enter the toilett. no way to get out of the booth in time. grabbed an empty beer glass. filled it up and went back to "work". a little later some drunk buddies of mine entered the booth and started emptying my drinks as well as sipping my "homebrew"
i had a good laugh that evening !
Lilliana Perris

Looks like I found the pic to go with the best story of this thread.

Random X
LoLz, you're probably right about that one, Proben!
Danae Dumler
hey I resemble that remark!
Ninfa Larranaga
Valeri Millstein
Rough...
Rick Campora
Keep 'em coming....
Rochel Gleese
Literally LOL
Rhona Dessler
Originally Posted by LoopCat
This ones taken from my other favourite community http://www.inthemix.com.au/community /sho...d.php?t=129119
wow...just...wowwww...
Tesha Freudenstein
Originally Posted by LoopCat
This ones taken from my other favourite community http://www.inthemix.com.au/community /sho...d.php?t=129119
damn...
Lilliana Perris
Damn!!!!!!!!

That beats any story I heard so far!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Ming Devis

I was standing next to her when it happened and I've told this story so many times... But I'll tell it again.

It was about 1am and the terrace was packed. Illya was playing and it was a good evening . I was leaning on the wall right next to the step that leads into the DJ booth. The step was directly on my right with my friends Pete, and Tim to my left.

Pete and Tim were chatting and I was standing looking over the crowd when I see a reasonably attractive girl staggering through the crowd, bumping people out of the way. I don't pay too much attention till I notice a guy chasing after her looking deeply concerned. She shoves her way to the front and plops herself down on the step next to me with her face in her hands.

I believe "that's a little odd".

What happens next took about 15 seconds to play out but in my mind lasts about half an hour.

I noticed a foul smell waft up and at this point she stands up, drops her pants, sits down and proceeds to do an Exxon Valdes style dump all over the step leading up to the dj booth.

I'm standing there with my vodka lime and soda in total disbelief. I turn to my left, grab Pete's arm and say "We need to go now!"

He looks at me a bit pissed off and then notices what's going on behind me and makes a beeline to the door.

Meanwhile the guy who followed her through the dancefloor is desperately trying to get her pants back up and get her out of the club. She's sitting on the step resisting his efforts and giving him the kind of look that says "what the fcuk are you doing? I'm taking a shit here and want to be left in peace". Finally he gets her pants up and starts manhandling her out the door. By this stage he has shit all over him, she has shit all over her, there's shit on the walls and a pool of shit on the step and floor.

We had evacuated to the balcony where we had made the fatal error of not clearing the doorway. On the way out she trips on the door sill, reaches out to stop herself from falling and gets Pete squarely in the back with her shitty hand.

Pete calls out "I'm hit! I'm hit!"

There is a mixture of laughter and sympathetic "ooooooo's" from the crowd.

She disappears into the evening never to be seen again (presumably she's gone to live in a convent). Pete jumped in a cab, went home and was back on the dancefloor 25 mins later.

Respect.

We stayed for an hour before going to the globe to spread the gospel.

And yes it's true, Illya looked up, wondered what he'd done wrong to clear a dance floor so quickly before a friendly punter pointed to the mess no more than a metre from his shoes.

He played through the entire cleanup...

Awesome.
Debera Renkes
Lol...in the Resevoir?

Thats called an Upper Decker!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Lol yup
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by jprime
Sadly, it's ALL about the drops these days
And cake, and crowd-surfing, and ridiculous catch phrases about being famous, and head gear, and............
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by kelvin5
While I was DJing a party and hanging out with the home owners afterwords they noticed someone had pooped in the water bowl of the toilet. lol

Lol...in the Resevoir?

Thats called an Upper Decker!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Valeri Holderness
Originally Posted by Jester
lets keep it PG please folks,.
ahh my threads always get moved to off topic you really know how to break a guys heart
on the real though, keep up the good work
Debera Renkes
While I was DJing a party and hanging out with the home owners afterwords they noticed someone had pooped in the water bowl of the toilet. lol
Latoria Kavulich
lets keep it PG please folks,.
Valeri Holderness
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
You wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of venues that have frankly hazardous DJ booths... especially ones with giant drops mere INCHES from where you stand, it's so retarded lol.
lol so true. my residency has a small 2 footish fall right behind booth and theres a fairly small amount of space to stand. had a few mini heart attacks and have fallen down once
Alla Bluemke
skrillex

lol I had to.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
One of the many disturbing images i could pull from the vaults of the parties I have put on over the years.
Doreen Schurle
Ahaha, WAIT FOR THE DROP!

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy