A series of Facebook reactions to the new Daft Punk Album

Home :: Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics. :: A series of Facebook reactions to the new Daft Punk AlbumReply
A series of Facebook reactions to the new Daft Punk Album
Posted on: 13.05.2013 by Len Lukawski
I wouldn't in anyway go so far as to call this a review. It's re-ordered so you don't have to read it backwards.

59 minutes ago near Columbus

Ok, back to this Daft Punk Album - which is annoying the b@lls off me. In places it's generic, lazy and self-indulgent and then just as you go to stop it: HOLY SH1TB@LLS that was fantastic! Rinse and repeat. Grrrrr....

50 minutes ago near Columbus

Dear Daft Punk,

My notes so far:

1. I don't like anything with a vocoder - it's wank - stop using it.
2. Those horrible guitars made me hate you last time - know it can make me hate you again.
3. Adding a voice-over track from a famous synth god is great - IF I WANTED TO LISTEN TO A F&CKING DOCUMENTARY!
4. Yes your key changes and arpeggios are well placed but if I didn't know it was Daft Punk I'd just assume that it was some knock off bargain bin Walmart chill-out complication.
5. Putting big orchestral strings in a track is a cheap trick - it's like putting boobs in a movie: that bit might be great but doesn't mean the rest of it is any good.

45 minutes ago near Columbus

The Pharrell track was pretty good.

41 minutes ago near Columbus

Oh you French electronic molesters - Paul Williams? Really? Paul bloody Williams? WTF were you believeing? D- back of the class. PANTS. Muppets.

40 minutes ago near Columbus

Don't try and win me back with the strings at the back end (so to speak).

35 minutes ago near Columbus

Pharrell: Mate, how much did they force you to dial back your talent? For God's sake - don't let Bangalter ever get hold of the Despicable Me sound track...

30 minutes ago near Columbus

I believe this album would be worth an extra $1.50 on top of the current retail price if they'd just remove the annoying throwback synth noodlings and other fill -ins from albums past. Oh, and in case I haven't mentioned it, ENOUGH WITH THE VOCODER!

24 minutes ago near Columbus

According to the track-listing I'm at Motherboard: This track needs re-examining on some proper headphones later.

22 minutes ago near Columbus

Motherboard: hands-down the best track on the album so far.

21 minutes ago near Columbus

followed by some Wham - Club Tropicana BS.
- I shouldn't say BS - Club Tropicana was a fine record.
19 minutes ago
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by Jester
Its Metallica Syndrome. If the next album isn't "The Black Album 2" or in Daft Punk's Case "More Homework", the haters gonna hate
Gotta agree with that....
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by oliosky
Why is that ironic?
Ironic in that a collaborative production (with a legend) is in your opinion the best track. As it is mine.
Johnetta Olewine
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
Ironic
Why is that ironic?
Lin Danek
with moroder
Ironic
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by robbyluca
but you're not interested in that obviously
On the contrary - I'd love to be enjoying the iTunes stream of RAM a lot more - I'm just not.
Lin Danek
There's a thread with 75 posts about how perfect the album is..... but you're not interested in that obviously, so no wonder you're yet to hear a good review. You definitely won't get one in this thread lol
Read those too. Perfection is in the ear of the listener - that's what makes music so great.
Emelina Paglia
Originally Posted by sev
i see what your point is and where you are coming from, but a shit album is still a shit album, no matter how qualified you are to make the statement. i'm yet to hear a good review.
Likely to be long wait
There's a thread with 75 posts about how perfect the album is..... but you're not interested in that obviously, so no wonder you're yet to hear a good review. You definitely won't get one in this thread lol
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by sev
i'm yet to hear a good review
Likely to be long wait
Ulysses Okelly
Hmmmm... ok... If I listen to the music you like I can easily say it's shit too and that's why I don't listen to it or talk about it. You clearly never liked any of Daft Punk's work so why are you giving your opinion on stuff? A bit bias.
i see what your point is and where you are coming from, but a shit album is still a shit album, no matter how qualified you are to make the statement. i'm yet to hear a good review.
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by Jester
Its Metallica Syndrome. If the next album isn't "The Black Album 2" or in Daft Punk's Case "More Homework", the haters gonna hate
Gotta agree with that....
Lin Danek
Why is that ironic?
Ironic in that a collaborative production (with a legend) is in your opinion the best track. As it is mine.
Johnetta Olewine
Ironic
Why is that ironic?
Lin Danek
with moroder
Ironic
Johnetta Olewine
The tune with moroder is better than anything on human after all so at least it's a step up
Latoria Kavulich
Lin Danek
but you're not interested in that obviously
On the contrary - I'd love to be enjoying the iTunes stream of RAM a lot more - I'm just not.
Lin Danek
Read those too. Perfection is in the ear of the listener - that's what makes music so great.
Emelina Paglia
Originally Posted by sev
Likely to be long wait
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by sev
i'm yet to hear a good review
Likely to be long wait
Lin Danek
I am not qualified to call any music shit (sic), but I am more than qualified to voice my opinion on what I do, or don't like.
Ulysses Okelly
Hmmmm... ok... If I listen to the music you like I can easily say it's shit too and that's why I don't listen to it or talk about it. You clearly never liked any of Daft Punk's work so why are you giving your opinion on stuff? A bit bias.
Ulysses Okelly
get lucky is a good tune, the rest is just so dull. gutted really, i wanted to like the whole album.
i was feeling giorgio by morodor, until a friend pointed out its shamelessly recycled even for daft punk.
Emelina Paglia
Len Lukawski
There's one amazing track on it - it just needs to be stitched together from 3 or 4 of the other tracks.
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
my first reaction is: What the fuck is this shit?
Have to skip past the first track after 40 seconds, it's too painful to listen to
but it's sure as fuck not Dance, Pop, or anything even remotely similar to it
Not my cup of tea tbh
only one good track on the album
I concur, except I still haven't heard the one good track.
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by smittten
Have a listen to to the album on Itunes Preview and re-read this useless thread as you do it.
Posted with such restraint.
Doreen Schurle
Okay, started listening to it... my first reaction is: What the fuck is this shit?

EDIT: Have to skip past the first track after 40 seconds, it's too painful to listen to.

EDIT2: Game of Love is interesting, but it's sure as fuck not Dance, Pop, or anything even remotely similar to it. It's basically a 70s ballad. Not my cup of tea tbh, and they've completely screwed up the EQing on the vocals; they seem almost entirely confined to the mids, which is just... wrong.

EDIT3: Well, that settles it... only one good track on the album; makes it kinda obvious why they used Get Lucky for the pre-launch hype. I can see Fragments of Time charting as well, but that's about it.

Personally, I'm still pissed off they got the credit for the Tron soundtrack, since it was Joseph Trapanese who actually wrote it. If you haven't heard his Daft Punk-untainted work, listen to this:

Cindie Somoza
Sounds like a bunch of over-believeing whilst hearing the album, not listening.
Len Lukawski
So you're saying it wasn't a good album? :s I don't get the point of this useless thread.
Have a listen to to the album on Itunes Preview and re-read this useless thread as you do it.
Lin Danek
So you're saying it wasn't a good album? :s I don't get the point of this useless thread.
Was, is or will be?
Emelina Paglia
Ulysses Okelly
just listening now. first track was underwelming. 2nd hasn't started well either...

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy