Reply to A series of Facebook reactions to the new Daft Punk Album

A series of Facebook reactions to the new Daft Punk Album
I wouldn't in anyway go so far as to call this a review. It's re-ordered so you don't have to read it backwards.

59 minutes ago near Columbus

Ok, back to this Daft Punk Album - which is annoying the b@lls off me. In places it's generic, lazy and self-indulgent and then just as you go to stop it: HOLY SH1TB@LLS that was fantastic! Rinse and repeat. Grrrrr....

50 minutes ago near Columbus

Dear Daft Punk,

My notes so far:

1. I don't like anything with a vocoder - it's wank - stop using it.
2. Those horrible guitars made me hate you last time - know it can make me hate you again.
3. Adding a voice-over track from a famous synth god is great - IF I WANTED TO LISTEN TO A F&CKING DOCUMENTARY!
4. Yes your key changes and arpeggios are well placed but if I didn't know it was Daft Punk I'd just assume that it was some knock off bargain bin Walmart chill-out complication.
5. Putting big orchestral strings in a track is a cheap trick - it's like putting boobs in a movie: that bit might be great but doesn't mean the rest of it is any good.

45 minutes ago near Columbus

The Pharrell track was pretty good.

41 minutes ago near Columbus

Oh you French electronic molesters - Paul Williams? Really? Paul bloody Williams? WTF were you believeing? D- back of the class. PANTS. Muppets.

40 minutes ago near Columbus

Don't try and win me back with the strings at the back end (so to speak).

35 minutes ago near Columbus

Pharrell: Mate, how much did they force you to dial back your talent? For God's sake - don't let Bangalter ever get hold of the Despicable Me sound track...

30 minutes ago near Columbus

I believe this album would be worth an extra $1.50 on top of the current retail price if they'd just remove the annoying throwback synth noodlings and other fill -ins from albums past. Oh, and in case I haven't mentioned it, ENOUGH WITH THE VOCODER!

24 minutes ago near Columbus

According to the track-listing I'm at Motherboard: This track needs re-examining on some proper headphones later.

22 minutes ago near Columbus

Motherboard: hands-down the best track on the album so far.

21 minutes ago near Columbus

followed by some Wham - Club Tropicana BS.
- I shouldn't say BS - Club Tropicana was a fine record.
19 minutes ago
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy