Stopping smoking...Who's with us?

Stopping smoking...Who's with us?
Posted on: 10.01.2013 by Ngoc Ninow
Title says it all really...

DarioJ and I have decided to give up the devilish little white sticks, in favour of better health, cleaner lungs and heavier pockets, full of money to spend on new kit!

My quite date is the 15/01/2013. I believe for most of you this will make sense written like this; 01/15/2013

My aim for the end of the year is to have enough for a DJM2000 Nexus!

Anyone wants to join or just to offer support/hints/tips, then feel free.

Peace out

OBL
Ngoc Ninow
I fell off the proverbial wagon around 14days after starting this thread, and have got back on it this week.

I went cold turkey the first time and was doomed to fail from the off. It was just a bad idea!

This time, I have got some nicotine lozenges, and they are working really well for me. I'm not getting cravings half as bad as I thought I would, and I feel like I doing really well. My house is also tidier than its ever been and I have a ton of energy that I have no idea where it's come from.

I'm also finding that I am not eating a load of crap to make up for the times when I want to reach for the cigs.

I'd recommend these lozenges to anyone who is trying to stop. They are way better than the gum, and only
Ngoc Ninow
I fell off the proverbial wagon around 14days after starting this thread, and have got back on it this week.

I went cold turkey the first time and was doomed to fail from the off. It was just a bad idea!

This time, I have got some nicotine lozenges, and they are working really well for me. I'm not getting cravings half as bad as I thought I would, and I feel like I doing really well. My house is also tidier than its ever been and I have a ton of energy that I have no idea where it's come from.

I'm also finding that I am not eating a load of crap to make up for the times when I want to reach for the cigs.

I'd recommend these lozenges to anyone who is trying to stop. They are way better than the gum, and only
Ngoc Ninow

Ngoc Ninow

Ngoc Ninow

Ngoc Ninow

Ngoc Ninow

Ngoc Ninow

Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by ThinAir
Sounds like you could use on of these as well....

BGG1324-child-pad-set_zpse48cf62c.jpg

HAHAHA...yeah. Had a pair of flipflops on and they were wet.
Slipped on a rock and did a twist in the air cat style...so I dont land on my back or coccyx...

Ended up on my chest\armpit.

This was in March...Easter. Fuck it was seriously painful for more than a month.
Couldn't cough, laugh...and god forbid...Sneeze! WOW....such pain.

Tried to be all cool about it...but everytime my GF touched me, i winced.

HAHAHA...2m tall....120KG's.

Caught nothing but a wipe out!

Ngoc Ninow

Ngoc Ninow
Originally Posted by sarasin
Nice one mate....I have not even gotten close to stopping.

Wanting to buy a E-Cig....but gonna get a Fishing Rod instead!

HAHAHAHA!

Such a douche!
HAHAHA! Brilliant.... how much is an e-cig?

I guess a fishing rod is kinda shaped like an e-cigarette... just a really big one!
Ngoc Ninow

Charline Dye
image.jpg

Here's what I take with me if I'm going to be out all day. I leave the case in the car and take the device I want. I also like changing flavors, if you couldn't tell from the bottles, lol.
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by VanGogo
WTF is a TWISP?

Been on and off ecigs for a while now. The small cig like ones. Just got an Ego Twist with a Vision Vivi Nova mini tank and I must say it is better than the cig size. I also started making my own nic juice so I could make the flavor and nic content exactly like I wanted.

No complete sucess yet, but I have cut back on the stinkies.

Good luck everyone!

http://www.twisp.co.za/

Not sure how it differs from other e-cigs...wasn't bad.

How the fuck do you make your own juice?

Do tell!! I will be my house mates HERO!!!
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by ThinAir

HAHAHA...yeah. Had a pair of flipflops on and they were wet.
Slipped on a rock and did a twist in the air cat style...so I dont land on my back or coccyx...

Ended up on my chest\armpit.

This was in March...Easter. Fuck it was seriously painful for more than a month.
Couldn't cough, laugh...and god forbid...Sneeze! WOW....such pain.

Tried to be all cool about it...but everytime my GF touched me, i winced.

HAHAHA...2m tall....120KG's.

Caught nothing but a wipe out!

Ngoc Ninow

Lilliana Perris
About a R1000 (plus minus $100)

But you get 2....and some extras etc.

I am spending a lot more time outdoors these days at the beach with my GF and family. Used to be big into fishing back in the day, so real keen to pick it up again.

Last time I went out fishing, I broke 3 ribs (slipped on the rocks..and I am a tall lad)...so seems I am outta practice!

Ngoc Ninow

HAHAHAHA!

Such a douche!
HAHAHA! Brilliant.... how much is an e-cig?

I guess a fishing rod is kinda shaped like an e-cigarette... just a really big one!
Lilliana Perris

HAHAHAHA!

Such a douche!
Ngoc Ninow

Dorie Scelzo
Switched to electronic cigarettes last may. So, I'm coming up on about a year.

I cheated a bit while a relative was dying slowly from liver failure earlier this year...but other than that, it's been great. At some point, I stopped tracking my savings when I realized how ridiculous it was. But I've had numerous people comment on various health improvements (jogging through walking traffic, cycling, etc.).

I highly recommend them.

For more information, check out the electronic_cigarette subreddit.
Sydney Lashway
^^ lol

I said I was going to quit smoking when I moved to Barbados last August. Then I realized cigarettes were half the price I was paying.

$11 CAN vs $11 BBD (roughly 2:1 exchange rate CAN --> BBD)

And now that I'm going to be in Switzerland this summer, where cigarettes are also fairly cheap from what I've read, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.
Freddie Farringer
I stopped smoking when the gov locked me up and tried to deport me! Almost 9 months now
Judi Sissel
Seven days in and I've only taken 3 puffs of one cig... I almost puked. Feeling real good at this point . Not so sure why I thought this was so hard to do before...
Nia Amed
I've been using a Volcano Inferno e-cig (basically the original Ego). I cut down from nearly a pack a day to a pack every week or two. I find it's still hard not to smoke real ones on the weekends or when friends come by. I started buying tubes and loose tobacco so the work I have to do to have one cigarette will discourage it a bit.

I get most of my juices from Mt baker vapor or Kalamazoo Vapor shop.
Celestina Laderman
haven't smoked for 2 months here. Still use nicotine gum, but it's like, 1 piece every few days. Working out and stuff is so much easier
Ethel Feigum
I had to quit smoking about 10 years ago, due to a bad bout with pneumonia.... Not the most pleasant way to quit but damn effective!

I've been the only non-smoker in my 7 piece band, but most of the guys switched to e-cigs a few months ago. Seems to be working well for them, and overall the group smells much nicer!

Good luck to all!
Charline Dye
image.jpg

Here's what I take with me if I'm going to be out all day. I leave the case in the car and take the device I want. I also like changing flavors, if you couldn't tell from the bottles, lol.
Lilliana Perris
Ahh cheers mate!
Charline Dye
Thanks for the link on the Twisp. It didn't come up when I googled.

To make your own ejuice, you will need a place that supply's unflavored nic juice, the flavorings, vegatable glycerin, and polypropylene glycol. I use wizardlabs.us. You then can use an online calculator for your recipe. I use http://e-liquid-recipes.com.
It requires a little trial and error, but I can make exactly what I want. Most places have 12mg nic juice then 16mg. I like 14mg but almost no one makes it. That is part of why I started making my own. It's also a lot cheaper too.

There is a lot of good info at http://www.e-cigarette-community .com/community / look in the DIY juice subcommunity .

I also find the hobby aspect of it all helps keep me from real cigs too.

One more thing for ecig newbies. I hated every tobacco flavor I tried, but love the fruit flavors, candy flavors, and coffee flavors. So don't give up if you don't like the flavor. Try different flavors till you find one you like. Most ejuice vendors in the states sell sample packs so you can try them out before ordering larger quantities.
Lilliana Perris
WTF is a TWISP?

Been on and off ecigs for a while now. The small cig like ones. Just got an Ego Twist with a Vision Vivi Nova mini tank and I must say it is better than the cig size. I also started making my own nic juice so I could make the flavor and nic content exactly like I wanted.

Good luck everyone!

http://www.twisp.co.za/

Not sure how it differs from other e-cigs...wasn't bad.

How the fuck do you make your own juice?

Do tell!! I will be my house mates HERO!!!
Rolanda Clodfelder
WTF is a TWISP?

Good luck everyone!
I was on and off ecigs for a long time, probably 5-6 years since they first came out really.. I would cut down to 3 or 4 "real" fags a day and then fall off the wagon and back to 20 a day.

Wasn't until the technology improved and I got:

1. A DECENT Battery unit(s) + rebuildable atomizer(s)
2. Started Making my own e-Juice

That I gave up properly and haven't touched a real one since 15 November 2012

I believe the hobby aspect of it keeps me interested enough not to want one - and I can smell a smoker @ 100 yards now

And I sell some juice on the side as well now so it pays for itself.
Hank Guidas
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Someone said something to me the other day on this subject which is very true; one of the best things about not smoking is that you don't spend your entire life worrying about how many you have left in your pack and if you'll have enough for the next morning.

Such a weight off the mind.
This is why I stopped on week days, it was so annoying. I still smoke when partying cause I like to It's one of those things that goes hand-in-hand with enjoying life, but i realised believeing about cigarettes and needing one wasn't enjoyable, so for me it acts like an "after work" beer.
Charline Dye
My house mate got a TWISP last week.

I tried it and it was not half bad!

Bit pricey...but hey...believe of the savings!

Might get myself one this evening....
WTF is a TWISP?

Good luck everyone!
Delila Vandommelen
Originally Posted by Manolo008
Personally, I wil never be in a relationship with a chick who smokes everyday.
That's what I thought until it happened . However, I don't know how she did it - there was no significant smell on her or at her place. She must have used a pretty mild tobacco in her tubed cigs.
I'll end the derailing with this thought : I find moderate smokers have a slight taste when you kiss them. Anyone else noticed that?
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by Nicky H
I'v started buying Polish Malboro for
Janyce Henningson
I'v started buying Polish Malboro for
Lilliana Perris
My house mate got a TWISP last week.

I tried it and it was not half bad!

Bit pricey...but hey...believe of the savings!

Might get myself one this evening....
Judi Sissel
So after jumping on and off this whole thing... trying to trick myself into quitting for the last 4 months, I finally made the REAL decision to quit. 5 days cold turkey and I've got no real cravings. In all honesty, I am craving to go longer with out these stupid things then actually picking one up.

I hope everyone else has had much better success then I have. If not, time to get back on it guys
Michell Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Yeh I do get pretty vivid dreams but they're not unpleasant, just very real! Only side-effect I'm getting is nausea after i take a tablet, but it's normally fine as long as I eat something beforehand. Taking one on an empty stomach makes me feel like I'm going to throw up IMMINENTLY for about 5 minutes, pretty nasty. I haven't had a cigarette in 3 weeks and I haven't killed anyone or committed violent crime either so it must be working
I've taken a fair amount of pills in my day and that nausea is common a lot of times. Especially since you say that its not as bad if you eat something before. On 2-3 prescriptions that I've been on, that has happened. Keep up the good work

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy