Help with a name, folks?

Help with a name, folks?
Posted on: 27.10.2013 by Doreen Schurle
At the moment I'm collaborating with 4 other DJs and we've been trying to come up with a name for ourselves; this is my idea, but one of the guys is being a 'tard and saying it's shit, and he just said - and I quote - "go on DJTT and make a poll and say is this name good, yes or no, if not why".

So here we go, name and logo:

So yeah, if you guys could vote to settle this, that'd be great
Lannie Kutay
Originally Posted by Patch
Grandmaster MDC and the Curious 5ive.
Playing on the Gay club circuit?? hehehe
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by 031999
Good catch, well I guess that's okay, kinda took me back there a second
Haha it's all good, WillBirch didn't even remember to hook up the mixer to the amplifier and I had to go down to the venue to bail him out the last time he played out

Tubular bellcore... DJ boyband; awesome.
Lannie Kutay
Originally Posted by VanGogo
True it's not that kind of community (good call), but he is one of the DJ's in the group who's name we were discussing, just giving the OP (another DJ in the group) a ribbing.
Check page one.
Charline Dye
Woah man, quite rude. This is not that kind of a community .
True it's not that kind of community (good call), but he is one of the DJ's in the group who's name we were discussing, just giving the OP (another DJ in the group) a ribbing.
Check page one.
Lannie Kutay
Originally Posted by WillBirch
cum 4 the music? Actually, i believe it should be something along the lines of "cant beatmatch" or "need sync button", suits you perfectly mike
Augustine Mitzen
DamnSon Five
Lannie Kutay
Originally Posted by Patch
Playing on the Gay club circuit?? hehehe
Latoria Kavulich
^ we have a winner
Brunilda Kora
Latoria Kavulich
Curious 5ive
Doreen Schurle
Haha it's all good, WillBirch didn't even remember to hook up the mixer to the amplifier and I had to go down to the venue to bail him out the last time he played out

Tubular bellcore... DJ boyband; awesome.
Galen Fraile
Dude after three years of design studies I can already say with confidence that you need to go back to the drawing board. It's confusing as shit, the text is everywhere and the core concept has been done in variation a million times. Try to stay simple yet unique, and above all iconic. Clever design is the most memorable design. Also just basic things like kerning and logical type placement. The colour choices work quite well though. Go off of that!

If I seem pretentious just know I get this vocabulary from my own design professors who rip me and my designs apart daily.

Edit: Wait I forgot this was about the name. Just start over.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
their friends, And I believe mdc referred to him as "tard" LOL
Lannie Kutay
Check page one.
Charline Dye
Check page one.
Lannie Kutay
cum 4 the music? Actually, i believe it should be something along the lines of "cant beatmatch" or "need sync button", suits you perfectly mike
Cyndy Beneski
Yong Aptekar
Dj wigglefingers.
Nga Mcquarter
Sooo... if you're like very hipster look around and pick two things and put em together like "the closet lamp" or "the bread jam", you know, something that doesn't make any sense at all. If you're more serious I'd use a metaphor to describe the group's sound, you know? like if you're playing hip hop call yourself "da niggas behind da decks" or something similar, not trying to be racist btw.

Besides the name matter... 5 guys DJing? If you produce some cheesy tubular bellcore track that gets viral you'll become the first DJ boy band! How cool and scary sounds that? xD
Random X
Let's keep it a bit civil in here... (Still a PG community . )
Augustine Mitzen
The Smegmen
Hank Guidas
In Denmark it's quite popular just to call yourself something really random: Dog eaters, Fish Fingers, blabla etc.
Jetta Drenzek
Iron Beaver.
Temple Cervelli
Definitely not. Sounds like some boy band haha
Lannie Kutay
make it based on what kind of music you play....

My solo stage name is "Von Royale" which is a play on my real name, and a mixture of my heritages (Last name "Roy" and also i'm French and Dutch)

When I had a deep house duo we were "Denizens of the Deep" which is just a large creature that lives deep in the ocean, but the name worked.

When I was in a progressive house duo, we were "Galvanized Superstars" (we we're assholes at the time) lol

My newest project is called "MDA" which stands for "Metro Disco Authority" a play on NY's Metro Transit Authority

If you play electro house try something like, "Four in the Face" or "Sound Subscription" but the key is to make it SHORT and easy to say!!

Why not make it a combination of the names of the people in your group!
Augustine Mitzen
Successful black men with attitude
Random X
Originally Posted by smiTTTen
Pfff.... Still a PG rated community right.... Otherwise it would have been skin I guess... Or maybe Play.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
So that will just be you and MDCD that have clicked yes then
Brunilda Kora
Ah shit - I just clicked "yes" by accident...
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
....In fact it's 'No Good For Nothing'
Haha Very clever.
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by smiTTTen
Haha!!
Len Lukawski
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Hahaha Karlos you are right. The "the" and "s" really screws that up. "Good for Nothing" better, but still too cliche. "Nothing for Good" I kinda like.
Now I'll just wait for Karlos to say it sounds like some Seattle indie band with plaid shirts, and GTFO of this thread
Hahaha I just had to stop myself laughing cus my Mrs is in bed above the living room.
Good man
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
"The Good For Nothings" sounds like a crappy Blues Brothers style pub covers band, all suits, shades and hats etc.

"Good For No Good" is way better. 'GFNG'
seconded
Charline Dye
Hahaha Karlos you are right. The "the" and "s" really screws that up. "Good for Nothing" better, but still too cliche. "Nothing for Good" I kinda like.
Now I'll just wait for Karlos to say it sounds like some Seattle indie band with plaid shirts, and GTFO of this thread
nayit ruiz jaramillo
"The Good For Nothings" sounds like a crappy Blues Brothers style pub covers band, all suits, shades and hats etc.

"Good For No Good" is way better. 'GFNG'

shit logo mate, you branding a protein shake?
^^This^^
Nail - Head. The logo is not good. In fact it's 'No Good For Nothing'
Charline Dye
Yeah it needs to be simpler. "The Good for Nothings" or "Nothings for Good" etc.
Brunilda Kora

No likey. Sorry mate.
Doreen Schurle
Ouch, looks like I lose then haha.

The 0 was "Nothings"
Cori Ozanich
Have to agree with your mate, it's pretty shit in my opinion. Not a big fan of the kid-trying-to-be-so-fucking-awesome font either, if you know what I mean. No offence obviously
Also, what does the O/0 stand for in your logo, it looks lost like this.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy