16+ slot sampling program / VST besides full version of Ableton? (student budget)

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: 16+ slot sampling program / VST besides full version of Ableton? (student budget)Reply
16+ slot sampling program / VST besides full version of Ableton? (student budget)
Posted on: 14.09.2013 by Galen Fraile
Hey guys so this may be a stupid question but I was wondering whether there's a reliable third party program or VST or app or something out there for instantly triggering one shot samples without any restrictions as to how many can be triggered at once? For instance I know you can trigger samples in Traktor remix decks, but then you're limited to four samples at a time and you can't combine samples in the same column, which makes it impractical for finger drumming.

I know you can do this sort of thing with Ableton drum racks, which would be ideal. However, short of coughing up $379 for the full version of Ableton (rocking the launchpad edition right now) does anybody have any more economically feasible suggestions? I'm a full time university student with a tiny budget for hobby software.

Cheers
Galen Fraile
Hey guys so this may be a stupid question but I was wondering whether there's a reliable third party program or VST or app or something out there for instantly triggering one shot samples without any restrictions as to how many can be triggered at once? For instance I know you can trigger samples in Traktor remix decks, but then you're limited to four samples at a time and you can't combine samples in the same column, which makes it impractical for finger drumming.

I know you can do this sort of thing with Ableton drum racks, which would be ideal. However, short of coughing up $379 for the full version of Ableton (rocking the launchpad edition right now) does anybody have any more economically feasible suggestions? I'm a full time university student with a tiny budget for hobby software.

Cheers
Monserrate Rupnow
Maschine was what I was going to suggest as well. Otherwise if you have an iPad or iPhone, there's a ton of apps like Beatmaker and Nanostudio that would do that too.
Ervin Calvery
You could grab Maschine Mikro, which will come it at about $350.

Don't forget about Ableton's discount for students or used stuff.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy