Weird Midi Note Problem in Ableton

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Weird Midi Note Problem in AbletonReply
Weird Midi Note Problem in Ableton
Posted on: 12.09.2013 by Syreeta Zednik
Hey guys,
so i just started up a new track, and after like an hour i realized that sound was playing even when the midi note has stopped, and the only way to stop the sound is by stopping the track. Its like this weird sustain that goes on and on. This is a problem I've never encountered before ever. I know its not reverb/etc because i don't have any reverb plugins active the sustain is level and does not decay.

The strange thing is almost EVERY midi track does this - even in different vsts. There's only one that doesn't sustain (Nexus). Also, if i take 1/8th off the last midi note of the clip, it doesn't do the sustain thing.
Its really annoying and i have to constantly automate the clip on/off. Anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it?

Thanks!
Syreeta Zednik
Hey guys,
so i just started up a new track, and after like an hour i realized that sound was playing even when the midi note has stopped, and the only way to stop the sound is by stopping the track. Its like this weird sustain that goes on and on. This is a problem I've never encountered before ever. I know its not reverb/etc because i don't have any reverb plugins active the sustain is level and does not decay.

The strange thing is almost EVERY midi track does this - even in different vsts. There's only one that doesn't sustain (Nexus). Also, if i take 1/8th off the last midi note of the clip, it doesn't do the sustain thing.
Its really annoying and i have to constantly automate the clip on/off. Anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it?

Thanks!
Syreeta Zednik
any solutions? :\ this is still a huge pain in the ass!
Syreeta Zednik
Patch; how do i know if i have general midi enabled? But probably not, unless i accidentally clicked on something. Tarekith; yeah even when loop is off the notes just sustain forever. reallly strange. Thanks for the replies!
Monserrate Rupnow
Make sure the end of the midi notes is not outside of the end of your loop brace.
Brunilda Kora
You've not got general midi enabled in your laptop have you???

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy