Logic problem with volumes when bouncing a track

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Logic problem with volumes when bouncing a trackReply
Logic problem with volumes when bouncing a track
Posted on: 01.10.2013 by Angelica Panto
Hi,

so as the title says, I'm having some troubles with volumes when bouncing a track.

I made a remix, and I made the mixdown with about 6db of headroom for the mastering. I don't have limiter on my master, because I checked the whole remix and there are no points where volume would go above - 6 dB. But when I bounce the track and when I want to start the mastering, suddenly the peaks of the bounced track are -2 to -3 dB, and that just ruins the whole process of trying to leave 6dB of headroom

Any ideas what should I do ? Because this happens irrespective of format I'm bouncing.
Angelica Panto
Hi,

so as the title says, I'm having some troubles with volumes when bouncing a track.

I made a remix, and I made the mixdown with about 6db of headroom for the mastering. I don't have limiter on my master, because I checked the whole remix and there are no points where volume would go above - 6 dB. But when I bounce the track and when I want to start the mastering, suddenly the peaks of the bounced track are -2 to -3 dB, and that just ruins the whole process of trying to leave 6dB of headroom

Any ideas what should I do ? Because this happens irrespective of format I'm bouncing.
Tobias Merrills
Turn Normalize off on the bounce menu. Normalize applies its own version of limiting.
Gwenda Busbey
I find that with logic even when you are clipping a little it won't come out distorting or anything.
I'm not at all good at mixing or mastering, but I was told just to use my ears as to what sounds good and it works for me lol.
I would just mess around with it until it sounds good.
Angelica Panto
First thanks for the answer

But what I found interesting/strange is that RMS volumes aren't as higher as peaks, which are about 3dB (RMS is just about 1 dB). And there's just pluck sound/lead in the drop which is peaking at -2 or -3, other parts of the song are closer to the headroom I left in the project. I put compressor on the pluck lead, but it doesn't help much.

But anyway, it's not clipping, so at least that's good
Monserrate Rupnow
Who cares if the headroom is -2 or -3dBFS instead? The whole point of leaving -6dBFS of headroom is to make sure you're not clipping, just a bit of safety room if you will. It's a rough guideline, not an exact number to aim for. If you're at -2 or -3 and you're sure you're not clipping, you're fine.
Winter Franti
Try sending all tracks though an AUX track before the master track

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy