I Know what the Damn Fox says...

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: I Know what the Damn Fox says...Reply
I Know what the Damn Fox says...
Posted on: 23.10.2013 by Giselle Giffels
https://soundcloud.com/her-hands/ylvis-the-fox-her-hands

I don't know why but I really vibe with the portions of the original song that are in the bootleg. My friend had showed me the track and I was just like "Damn, this is great!" then the damn hook came on and I was just like "Nah I'm out lol DEUCES".

I hope you guys dig it, this is my first "bootleg"(?) so I hope everything works out in your opinions!

I was super pumped to put this out as well, just during the whole creation process I was really, REALLY feeling the melody/lead(?) and could see the damage that it could possibly do.

I can only hope to be putting out higher quality material in the future, and really appreciate all feedback here from you guys! Thank you! This track is a fucking banger! Hahaha sorry I just can't be modest with this one :P
Giselle Giffels
https://soundcloud.com/her-hands/ylvis-the-fox-her-hands

I don't know why but I really vibe with the portions of the original song that are in the bootleg. My friend had showed me the track and I was just like "Damn, this is great!" then the damn hook came on and I was just like "Nah I'm out lol DEUCES".

I hope you guys dig it, this is my first "bootleg"(?) so I hope everything works out in your opinions!

I was super pumped to put this out as well, just during the whole creation process I was really, REALLY feeling the melody/lead(?) and could see the damage that it could possibly do.

I can only hope to be putting out higher quality material in the future, and really appreciate all feedback here from you guys! Thank you! This track is a fucking banger! Hahaha sorry I just can't be modest with this one :P
Giselle Giffels

Yeah, I did nothing like this. Now I know!
Giselle Giffels
I find that melodies are the piece of the puzzle that really do it for me, like, I can feel it on an emotional level (pure homo). Something I'd like to pride myself on one day is putting out melodies of this caliber. I have a long way to go!
Giselle Giffels
Hahaha, much like you said I simply dropped the acapella in, I have a lot to learn! I'mma look up syncing the vocals right now, well, after these track at least. The melody in this is, just, above things that I can communicate.

https://soundcloud.com/jimifrew/aqua-frost-original-mix
Delena Katherman
No, we've all heard the original.

There's not necessarily anything wrong with the acapella. You just don't have it synced up correctly with your production. Did you just drag and drop it into your track? How did you attempt to sync up the BPM of the two?
Giselle Giffels
Ight, so

1) Find better acapella's to work with, and believe me I am on the hunt for some! Have 2 collabs coming in so things should get better!
2) Get clappier at the get go!
3) Kill Fruity Compressor because it's just too much!

Got it! This is a bootleg of the track Ylvis - The Fox, however. I don't know if you guys have seen it, but really it's a joke track, check it!

I just wanted to give it that Big Room spin, for whatever reason the image of a fox spewing out these sounds at the drops just had me rolling.

Thank you all again for the help, seriously! Mastering, I am coming for you!
Lakeesha Storman
You need an intro before you're "slammed" with the big kick. While big banger electro isn't my cup of tea, I liked the production, other than the vocals. That song and those lyrics just don't go with a big banger. I'd up the volume on the claps in the first break, take off some of the compression on the kicks in the second break, and personally I'd ditch the whole vocals other than the vocals used during fills and at the end of the breaks immediately prior to the drops. I especially didn't care for the howling at the end. I suppose you could use a vocoder on the voice to make it more interesting and less children's song like. And yeah, the vocals get out of sync on the breaks. You need to stretch the vocals or whatever. I'm pretty sure you can do that in slicex if you're using FL, but I've never really needed to do that in my limited attempts at production.
Delena Katherman
When the vocals first come in, the beat initially seems synced up. But as they continue, you can hear them start to drift apart, because the beat is actually playing at a faster BPM than the acapella (unless this was intentional on your part). I've never used FL Studio, but it's a relatively easy fix in general. Someone with experience with FL can chime in.
Giselle Giffels
Shiiiiiiiiiiiii, is there a way I can fix that for future reference? I didn't even know that was a thing lol!
Delena Katherman
I just listened through my laptop speakers, but it sounds like the acapella and the beat aren't matched up properly.
Giselle Giffels
Ey man don't be sorry! I really appreciate any kind of feedback, hell, you could put 20938523098572305897 as a reply letting me know that you at least listened and I'd still be down!
Josef Modine
o_0 .....not my cup of tea sorry

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy